JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep zooming-in on the PNW until the red lines appear (level 5).

Real-time Earthquake Map

Are you living over or near one or more of those red lines?

The lava tube under Yellowstone currently extends to a depth of 400 miles; several of the ancient lava-flows "Columbia River Basalt Group (CRBG) made it all the way to the coast.

There are many reasons I decided to retire in Oregon; the OP's hazard map is one; our geological history (plate tectonics and Missoula Flood are a couple more.

diy_disaster_survival_guide.jpg

Source: http://yearzerosurvival.com/diy-disaster-survival-infographic/

In the past I collected my plastic buckets, a few at a time, sometimes buying them for a few dollars from resturants and discarded plaster "mud buckets" at building sites. Extreme caution is necessary as this may be considered theft. I bought my first gamma lids through Sportsman's Guide but recently I have bought buckets and gamma lids at HD and feed supply stores at a better price.
I live in a DRY area so humidity is no problem. I have used all sorts of plastic and lined bags, unless you heat seal them there is no difference. For me bags just keep the food from touching the inside of the bucket.
I put my LTS foods inside my deep freeze for 3-6 weeks @ minus 15 degrees before they go into the bucket. all food is wrapped in a heavy plastic bag before it goes into deep freeze so that when it thaws the condensed moisture will not soak into the food stuff. I have had dried grains stored for 14 years with no infestation. The food will break down on a moleculear level or become drier but it still has nutritional value when combined with a common multi-vitiamin/ trade value

This is all well and good but where is the expected High Concentration of Zombie Outbreak Map? Personally, our bad scenario in West Wa. Is the big one and or/then one of more our our picturesque volcanoes cooking off again.

Brutus out

How about having a world of information available off line and at your fingertips? Did you know that you can download Wikipedia?!! This could be one of the best resources available in a grid down situation. At merely 10 gb its small enough to fit on a flash drive. Or better yet, load it on a tablet computer and you'll be all set for any information you might need.

<broken link removed>

Wikipedia:Database download - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Perhaps as good as any other resource available, and it's free.

For those who have been manipulated into believing that when the collapse comes, or an Earthquake hits, etc, that it won't be so bad; that we'll all pull together in harmony ...

The Disaster Myth Narrative: No One Panics, No One Loots, No One Goes Hungry |

"My family and I have opted to be prepared with food, water, a self-defense strategy, and home security. We believe that when bad things happen, worse things often follow before order is restored. We won’t be lining up to get an MRE and a bottle of water to share amongst us. We won’t require a cot at Camp FEMA. We won’t need to give up our firearms in order to get our next meal.

Which reality are you going to believe? The one that you witnessed or the perverted rewrite that the mainstream media is trying to push upon you for the benefit of their handlers?"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top