JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone I know went to their favorite Greek steakhouse on McLoughlin Blvd wearing a G26 IWB, Ruger LCP in the back pocket, Canik TP9v2 in a Kangaroo holster, Sig290rs on one ankle, Taurus TCP on the other ankle, and a Ruger LCR9mm OWB just to test whether he was printing. He figured the bouncers look for that kind of stuff. After that he ended up at a dive bar's empty dance floor with some guy's girlfriend, clearly being watched carefully. No one noticed a thing. The point is, I don't think we who concealed carry have to worry about a thing if we're careful. (No drinking involved by the way. Designated driver. )

Someone I know went to their favorite Greek steakhouse on McLoughlin Blvd wearing a G26 IWB, Ruger LCP in the back pocket, Canik TP9v2 in a Kangaroo holster, Sig290rs on one ankle, Taurus TCP on the other ankle, and a Ruger LCR9mm OWB just to test whether he was printing. He figured the bouncers look for that kind of stuff. After that he ended up at a dive bar's empty dance floor with some guy's girlfriend, clearly being watched carefully. No one noticed a thing. The point is, I don't think we who concealed carry have to worry about a thing if we're careful. (No drinking involved by the way. Designated driver. )
Just don't go to McDonald's!

The more attention you pay to carrying the more tell tale signs you will give. The more you carry the more comfortable you are and the less tells you will have. Ie. Adjusting belt, pulling at your shirt, etc.

I don't pay much attention to it now that I carry often, but like others I don't care if someone sees me. Usually I'm with one or both of my young kids so it's not like I'm a scary looking guy. Ugly, but not scary.

Like posted many times before in other threads, What you wear and how you carry/type of carry rig you use, will largely determine IF you are truly concealed or not! I almost always carry a large pistol, so my carry rig MUST be able to keep me from "Printing" The Wife and I are always giving each other the Once Over before we leave the house, or when we get out of the car, ect.. this goes a long ways to keeping off peoples radar! It also helps that I live in an Open Carry State that celebrates the freedom to do so, as such, folks are not likely to freak if some one is printing!

I dont pay any attention to my carry gun. My carry style is usually more like 1/2 open. No ones ever said a word to me and if they did I wouldnt care.

I have a restaurant in Eugene and over that past years I've had numerous people open carry. Most people are so oblivious to their surroundings, to even notice. Only once did I have a customer tell me I should put up no-gun signs, ironic is I'm packing so are some of my employees.

I have a restaurant in Eugene and over that past years I've had numerous people open carry. Most people are so oblivious to their surroundings, to even notice. Only once did I have a customer tell me I should put up no-gun signs, ironic is I'm packing so are some of my employees.
Let us know which restaurant so us in the area can visit

For sure let us know which restaurant, I'm in Eugene often enough, I'd rather do business with a fellow forum member!

LMAO...This post made my day.

Are we generally too sensitve about this? I think we overestimate how much attention people pay to us :)
It seems to depend from what I have seen. When I first started to carry I was very self conscious because there was no CC law where I lived. If was a misdemeanor to get caught but I still did not want to get caught. I did have to train myself not to do what I know shows someone you're carrying. That little example was very good. Now days I have carried so long I often forget. The ones who seem to show most are the people new to it. Same ones who manage to touch off a round in some public restroom. This has happened here a few times of late. :)

I was in KFC this last weekend, waiting in line, with my LCR in a pocket holster in my baggy jeans pocket. I heard a lady behind me start freaking out, telling her man friend that she thought I had a gun in my pocket. I didn't understand why she was even looking at my pocket to notice the lump, (Not in anyway discernible as a pistol.) So the guy asked me if I was carrying, I said "not that it is any of your business, but it is a camera in my pocket." He asked me to take it out and show him, so I politely told him to mind his own business and get the Fu#@ out of my face. He went to the counter and asked for the manager, saying that I had a gun in my pocket, and he was fearing for his safety. I just walked out to avoid any further unneeded confrontation. When I was walking out, I told him " Maybe you're lacking somewhere if your girlfriend is looking at other guys jeans for bulges." I swear, Only in Eugene ;)

When I lived in AZ we had legal open carry, no CC. I carried concealed for just that reason. Too many times when some liberal moron would see a gun they would start freaking out. Like they just knew the gun was going to jump out and start firing. Part of it seemed to be my penchant for 1911's in belt slides. I lost track of the times some idiot would say "did you know that guns cocked? Like I did not know. Then "it's going to go off". SIGH.

Related to this discussion... I'm putting the CCW jackets and shirts, from the NRA store, on my Christmas wish list. Anyone have any experience with those garments for carry and printing?

Related to this discussion... I'm putting the CCW jackets and shirts, from the NRA store, on my Christmas wish list. Anyone have any experience with those garments for carry and printing?
I bought one of the denim shirt jackets from them, it's ok. I wore it twice and now it just hangs in the closet.
The cut of it is just super weird, it has the annoying bulge around the chest/armpit area that is not only uncomfortable and bunches up, but I feel like it draws a lot of attention to my chest, which is where the concealment pocket is located. Also, the buttons have nra logos on them, which to me, screams, "I'm carrying a concealed gun!!!" to anyone who looks at the jacket. Who knows, maybe I'll start to like it so I'm going to hang on to it for a little while. It might be a good option for carrying while I'm doing yard work or something.
I also got one of those concealment hoodies and hate it. It's size small, if you want it I'll sell it to you super cheap.

I don't even worry about it aside from a quick shirt check when I stand up from sitting. Most people are so oblivious that they probably wouldn't notice if I dropped it on the ground.

I don't even worry about it aside from a quick shirt check when I stand up from sitting. Most people are so oblivious that they probably wouldn't notice if I dropped it on the ground.

I agree 100%.

When I first started carrying, it was pretty much just pocket pistols. Later I had read a couple threads similar to this one, and a couple people stated pretty much the same thing as above and it got me thinking. I decided to upgrade to a larger carry gun, so my wife got me a S&W M&P 40C which came with a paddle holster. So (seeing as how my jeans were starting to get a little tighter and me not wanting to get new ones, because "I'll just lose the weight, no problem") I decided I would just use the paddle holster under a T shirt and see if I get spotted. Well, it's been years and nobody has said anything to me yet.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads