JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If someone spots you with your concealed carry and is offended , worried or asks you about it in a snarky way etc .. It might be wise to give a firm , but polite answer such as:
"Because I can. I have a permit to do so and I am not here to bother you. Now please mind your own business."
Then maybe the next best thing to do , would be not to engage in any further conversation with the "offended" ones.

If you are doing no wrong and have a license to carry , let the other fella who is asking about your carrying , appear to be the azzhole , not you.
All the better for you if the police ask you about what happened.

Please note that I am not saying that my above post is indeed THE answer or the best answer in all circumstances.
Andy

Last Edited:
You can always say, no. I'm just happy to see you.

Was at the theater last week. Last minute, my wife wanted to see something after we were out. I was carrying my Sig P220. Not my normal movie carry. There was,an older guy taking tickets We just moved out of earshot and he was yelling something at me!

I had on my Raiders hat. He was yelling how good a season we're having. I thought my hand cannon was falling out. The way he was going on I couldn't figure out his words at first. I just gave him a thumbs up and kept walking.

To my knowledge, I've never been spotted carrying, at least no one has ever responded/reacted to it. Perhaps it's how I carry or how I dress, but honestly, unless I accidentally were to pull my shirt up, I don't think anyone could figure it out. Besides, most folks are spending their time looking at my other bulge....hey! my eyes are up here!

So tired of being nothing but a sex object :(

To my knowledge, I've never been spotted carrying, at least no one has ever responded/reacted to it. Perhaps it's how I carry or how I dress, but honestly, unless I accidentally were to pull my shirt up, I don't think anyone could figure it out. Besides, most folks are spending their time looking at my other bulge....hey! my eyes are up here!

I hear ya man! People always tell me, "dam, you must have to beat the ladies back with a stick!"

I reply, "well, they sure act like I do."

o_O

LMOA...you bubblegum that made me spit my coffee on my computer screen...ugh.

I play the "who's carrying" game too. A friend of mine that frequents my place of employment always carries, and we kinda laugh about the fact that I can usually tell where. And what if he dares offer me a glance! :D

I play name that weapon. The revolver guys are soooooo easy to spot. So I'm going to start carrying my N frames to school them on it!

I was in KFC this last weekend, waiting in line, with my LCR in a pocket holster in my baggy jeans pocket. I heard a lady behind me start freaking out, telling her man friend that she thought I had a gun in my pocket. I didn't understand why she was even looking at my pocket to notice the lump, (Not in anyway discernible as a pistol.) So the guy asked me if I was carrying, I said "not that it is any of your business, but it is a camera in my pocket." He asked me to take it out and show him, so I politely told him to mind his own business and get the Fu#@ out of my face. He went to the counter and asked for the manager, saying that I had a gun in my pocket, and he was fearing for his safety. I just walked out to avoid any further unneeded confrontation. When I was walking out, I told him " Maybe you're lacking somewhere if your girlfriend is looking at other guys jeans for bulges." I swear, Only in Eugene ;)
Probably would have just responded with "Yup". Depending on my mood it might have been a smartass moment ;) Living in Portland im sure someone will flip out eventually if they see me carrying.

When I first moved to Eugene I went to eat with my wife at a local Steak house. As we walk to our table I see a 20 something skinny jean guy looking at me with a petrified look, I then realized when I put on my pull over i hung up on my IWB pistol. I slowly adjusted my pull over and sat down. A couple minutes later I realized I left my phone in car, went outside and there is the skinny jeans guy on phone frantically screaming "there is a man here with a gun" and then "no he is not pointing it at anyone" I realize this could get interesting, so when I retrieved the phone I disarmed and put my CC in my car safe, went back in and waiting for EPD to show up.
After about 20 minutes, no show of EPD so the skinny jean guy now frantically asks waitress to get the manager. As the nice young female manager approaches, he again starts hysterically crying that there is a man in the restaurant with a gun in his waist band, the manager calmly asked "is the man with the gun pointing or threatening you with it?" His response was "no" so she tells him, "then you have nothing to worry about, have a nice night and come visit us again..."

When I first moved to Eugene I went to eat with my wife at a local Steak house. As we walk to our table I see a 20 something skinny jean guy looking at me with a petrified look, I then realized when I put on my pull over i hung up on my IWB pistol. I slowly adjusted my pull over and sat down. A couple minutes later I realized I left my phone in car, went outside and there is the skinny jeans guy on phone frantically screaming "there is a man here with a gun" and then "no he is not pointing it at anyone" I realize this could get interesting, so when I retrieved the phone I disarmed and put my CC in my car safe, went back in and waiting for EPD to show up.
After about 20 minutes, no show of EPD so the skinny jean guy now frantically asks waitress to get the manager. As the nice young female manager approaches, he again starts hysterically crying that there is a man in the restaurant with a gun in his waist band, the manager calmly asked "is the man with the gun pointing or threatening you with it?" His response was "no" so she tells him, "then you have nothing to worry about, have a nice night and come visit us again..."
Glad it worked out alright for ya! Terrible to say but the thought of that makes me smile. I feel like too many people get the wrong idea about firearms due to the fact you only really see them in public if its on a police officers waist. Honestly i have noticed guns on peoples hips before and it registers that they have a gun but if they are just going about their business i see no reason to care.

I worked as a Grocery Clerk before and this guy walked through my lane pushing a baby stroller and had a revolver inside a shoulder holster (Only a tshirt on) while his wife had one on her hip. Only thought that came to my mind was "Alright don't mess with their kid". Said have a good night and nobody had a nervous breakdown.

So what if you had bad intentions? A guy with a uterus is useless in a real world situation. He's too scared to call the police himself, he goes to a woman for protection and generally is afraid at the mere sight of a firearm.

That said, I can clearly see him amongst the rioters in Portland, "standing up" for themselves. Yes, I am stereotyping or whatever you want to call it, but the ideal of a couple going to a restaurant and a grown man freaking out is pretty sickening to me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top