JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How to Spot a Concealed Handgun | The Art of Manliness

100-Deadly-Survival_final-e1476905452889.jpg

Are we generally too sensitve about this? I think we overestimate how much attention people pay to us :)
I was in KFC this last weekend, waiting in line, with my LCR in a pocket holster in my baggy jeans pocket. I heard a lady behind me start freaking out, telling her man friend that she thought I had a gun in my pocket. I didn't understand why she was even looking at my pocket to notice the lump, (Not in anyway discernible as a pistol.) So the guy asked me if I was carrying, I said "not that it is any of your business, but it is a camera in my pocket." He asked me to take it out and show him, so I politely told him to mind his own business and get the Fu#@ out of my face. He went to the counter and asked for the manager, saying that I had a gun in my pocket, and he was fearing for his safety. I just walked out to avoid any further unneeded confrontation. When I was walking out, I told him " Maybe you're lacking somewhere if your girlfriend is looking at other guys jeans for bulges." I swear, Only in Eugene ;)

I was in KFC this last weekend, waiting in line, with my LCR in a pocket holster in my baggy jeans pocket. I heard a lady behind me start freaking out, telling her man friend that she thought I had a gun in my pocket. I didn't understand why she was even looking at my pocket to notice the lump, (Not in anyway discernible as a pistol.) So the guy asked me if I was carrying, I said "not that it is any of your business, but it is a camera in my pocket." He asked me to take it out and show him, so I politely told him to mind his own business and get the Fu#@ out of my face. He went to the counter and asked for the manager, saying that I had a gun in my pocket, and he was fearing for his safety. I just walked out to avoid any further unneeded confrontation. When I was walking out, I told him " Maybe you're lacking somewhere if your girlfriend is looking at other guys jeans for bulges." I swear, Only in Eugene ;)

I would have reached into my pocket and pulled out my middle finger to the front of his face... o_O

This is the nice thing about having strange lumps and bumps and bulges everywhere between gear, fat-rolls and man-boobs... so many strange things creating Signal-to-Noise Ratio that Old Slabsides gets lost in the interference pattern. :)

You said it all, only in Eugene...

Just remember 'That's my insulin pump thanks for brining up something I'm really self conscious about.'
Or clostomy? bag,lol. Those two would end the conversation
I'm not a big open carry in the urban environment ( not an opponent so calm down) fan,but if your state isn't one that you MUST be concealed, who cares if you weapon can be detected?
Quit staring at me,move along . Plus there are so many folks that wear tools and phone holsters around nowadays
Like I said move along:cool:

I definitely play the 'who's carrying game' but just to keep myself entertained and observant the best so far was an old guy in strapped sandals and jean shorts with a t-shirt tucked in. He was probably late 60s he had an asp and a can of mace on his hip and a fanny pack that was sagging far to low for as thin as it was haha

Somebody told me about being made while hugging someone in church. He looked right at the lady and said "adrenaline pump".

I have used the once it twice now. It works:)

I play the "who's carrying" game too. A friend of mine that frequents my place of employment always carries, and we kinda laugh about the fact that I can usually tell where. And what if he dares offer me a glance! :D

Imagine the reaction if they actually would have seen your Gun!!! Heads would have exploded.
eyeballing mens bulges is not something I have ever done. That I will admit too ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews