JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best way to do it is drop the keys outside the car;)
Then who's to say you did it on purpose?
I'm late as usual but the only sticker I would put on my vehicle was guns and coffee.
Seemed to keep tailgaters at bay at least.
...or on the floorboard, or in the cup holder, or the broken hid-a-key box you wanted to replace.

Its kinda like being held liable for what a thief does with your gun...

I kinda want one of those guns-n-coffee stickers tho....

So the thief is going to say I left him my keys so he could steal my car?

Well, you left your keys in the car and it got stolen. A good lawyer will have a good time with you, and it will cost you to defend yourself. Not that I've heard of this happening, but, I'm paranoid so you never know what lawyers will do.

...or on the floorboard, or in the cup holder, or the broken hid-a-key box you wanted to replace.

Its kinda like being held liable for what a thief does with your gun....

Well, I can guarantee you if you leave it on your dashboard and it is stolen, you are going to get shafted. Otherwise they break into your house or you left it in the car boot, etc, ok.

Occupational disease worrying about lawyers. I was a Home Inspector... we get sued if the furnace stops running 3 years after the inspection. Who says it has to make sense? You win the case but it costs you $10k to do it.

Well, I can guarantee you if you leave it on your dashboard and it is stolen, you are going to get shafted. Otherwise they break into your house or you left it in the car boot, etc, ok.
Thats true, I actually meant to say stolen from your home

So yeah Im a skeptic on this key/vehicle thing but I get what folks are saying about lawyers....

I dont know about that, last time I ordered a brick the package sat on my doorstep all day till I got home, aside from being heavy written all over it was LAX Ammo. A friend of mine ordered 2 bricks, he happened to be home when the delivery guy shows up who immediately mentioned my friend "must be stocking up" and proceeded to want to talk about guns, caliber etc.

In my case anyone could have taken note of the package and left it so they could wait till we go away for the weekend. In my friends case, thats at least one person who knows your valuables that may or may not be an honest person.

Or, he could be totally honest but a talker! I don't buy bulk ammo on the net! I prefer the anonymity of gun shows, etc!

The OP is right. The only sticker I have on my '82 Granada says "I brake for saucy wenches" and I do get a few (saucy wenches that is...) following me home every now and then.....

Last Edited:
If something is well guarded then there must be something valuable...

Well, I used to have large collection of fine firearms, some of which I inherited from my Dad. Some older rare classic guns and some real high end sporting rifles and shotguns. That is partially why I did so much. But I sold off about 80% of my collection a few years ago. I now have a very modest collection that fits easily with room to spare inside a very secure safe. I also sold my second safe that I used to have.

There are lots of irresponsible gun owners who do not safeguard their homes, and make things real easy for burglars to get firearms illegally. They are part of the reason why so many criminals have access to firearms in our society. However, I am not one of them.

I do welcome any burglar to attempt to break into my home. I've spent so much money protecting my home, I would like to see it give me some return on my investment. My neighbors on one side is an elderly retired couple that is home most of the time. My other neighbor has a dog in his backyard, that barks whenever I go in my backyard.

Years ago one prowler did attempt to get into my backyard late at night while I was in bed. But he was foiled by the padlock on my gate. He made such a racket trying to break open the gate that he woke me up. When i finally got dressed and looked around outside, there was no one to be seen anywhere. That is what prompted me to get the security system. Most people are real stupid and don't buy a burglar alarm until AFTER they get burglarized. I decided to not wait for that to happen.

The vast majority of burglaries are committed by drug addicts, desperate for stuff to sell so they can get drugs. They are not sophisticated criminals. They are looking for homes that they can easily get in and out of. If a person has done nothing to toughen the security around their home, then they are pretty much inviting such people to their home.

Anyway, I think that the whole discussion here has been quite off-base and very much misdirected. What people here should be focusing on instead is making their home more difficult to break into.

I view this as being more an issue of choosing to do nothing, and risk being a victim, or proactively doing something, and choosing not to be a victim.

The choice is yours to make. I personally do not want any of my guns ever falling into the wrong hands. And I will do all that I can to prevent that from happening.

Last Edited:
Anyway, I think that the whole discussion here has been quite off-base and very much misdirected. What people here should be focusing on instead is making their home more difficult to break into.
I do agree with this but with one caveat, that it takes time money and experience to know how to burgler proof your home. The big one for many people is money. Assuming you have an unsecured home, do you spend your hard earned money on a gun first, or alarm system? Depending on what ones needs are and finances are it can be a while between "upgrades"... but yes ultimately they should be working in the right direction, securing their home not worrying about their NRA sticker so much.

I do agree with this but with one caveat, that it takes time money and experience to know how to burgler proof your home. The big one for many people is money. Assuming you have an unsecured home, do you spend your hard earned money on a gun first, or alarm system? Depending on what ones needs are and finances are it can be a while between "upgrades"... but yes ultimately they should be working in the right direction, securing their home not worrying about their NRA sticker so much.

Well, i think that worrying about the UPS man is really going overboard. I think that they are too busy just doing their job, to pry into other people's business.

Not that I'm agreeing with whatever lance had to say,but if funds are tight......
It kind of like what I used to do. I'd buy a bunch of guns and none were really set up perfect.
But I gots new guns!!!!
When I bought my safe I was balking at the prices until I realized how much money I had in guns sitting in a hidden closet.
Heck the safe was less than one of my medium priced guns.
So if you are short on funds,maybe you should just have a carry piece until you can afford a safe? Pay for security before you have a bunch sitting in the closet waiting to be taken?
Yeah so you are I am apartment. Wait till you can get a more secure situation before buying 15 weapons.
Just some thoughts
YMMV;)

Occupational disease worrying about lawyers. I was a Home Inspector... we get sued if the furnace stops running 3 years after the inspection. Who says it has to make sense? You win the case but it costs you $10k to do it.
I tried to hire a lawyer once (last century) who wouldn't take my case, saying "If you hire me, you can't afford to WIN!"

Well, i think that worrying about the UPS man is really going overboard. I think that they are too busy just doing their job, to pry into other people's business.

Yes 99% of them are to busy but you never know when your going to get that 1% so why not be safe than sorry. It's the same reason that we all prep for when the sh%t hits the fan. We would all rather be safe and take precautions to protect our family;)

When I bought my safe I was balking at the prices until I realized how much money I had in guns sitting in a hidden closet.
agree. For me I figure it depends on the investment when your guns cost more than a safe its time to get a safe.

Every situation is different though, and everyone has different levels of risk. but like Lance suggested Id rather be looking at my home before I think about if I want to worry about the UPS man casing my deliveries. If my home is secure he will just move on to the other guy ordering ammo...

I have never been a sticker guy, but when I became a Marine parent you kind of get the same attitude your Marines have. Try and f with me and you will regret it. Most Marines are pretty proud of their service and traditions. My boys all have veteran plates, and their combat service ribbons and theater stickers on their pickups. These will always be in the lower left hand rear window.

I have an EAG about the size of a quarter on the window. I just added a small flag sticker with a blue and red line in the middle of it next to it. Another small white cut out of the symbol of a fraternal group I belong to. All small and only really recognizable by those who are familiar with that symbol. I have them on my travel trailer as well, and these have started some great conversations.

Amazon.com : ANLEY [Fly Breeze] 3x5 Foot Thin Blue Line and Red Line USA Polyester Flag - Vivid Color and UV Fade Resistant - Honoring Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighter Polyester Flags : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I have a flag pole with the US Flag and Marine Corps flag on it. I have had the pleasure of meeting about 3 guys who just stopped in to ask me about my service, ( not mine, my boys) but that made no difference to them. One needed a place to park some construction vehicles for a couple weeks, and started where he knew he would be welcomed. If you fly the Marine Corps flag then you can expect that your property is welcoming to Marines, and it is.

No gun stickers, no NRA stickers, no political stickers. What you see is what it is. Draw your own inferences from that, and act accordingly.

I spent $ 500 total and $ 24.99 a month for my Simpli Safe cellular based security system. Within most peoples budget and easily available, I cannot imagine why everybody does not have this. I am adding cameras with infrared trigger that will text me when triggered and allow me to see what is going on before the alarm is even set off.

$ 500 is one less gun per year.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR