JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a no advertising policy...

Grey man here...

And the less the activity and strangers (even your kids friends) knowing what you have. Loose lips......
I live in a small town 30 miles from any big evil cities but know people who constantly get burgled, it's sad but they tend to be the flamboyant types too....... just sayin if you flaunt your stuff be prepared to loose it....

I understand the "grey man" idea and like it.
But by the same coin it also saddens me that we feel like like we have to hide a part of ourselves that beings us much joy into our lives.

When we who do no harm or wrong are made to feel like evildoers or lumped in with them , just what does that say about the society we live in?
I understand that every place is different and where you live could be vastly different in outlook from where I am.
Just wondering is all ...
Andy

Last Edited:
I understand the "grey man" idea and like it.
But by the same coin it also saddens me that we feel like like we have to hide a part of ourselves that beings us much joy into our lives.

When we who do no harm or wrong are made to feel like evildoers or lumped in with them , just what does that say about the society we live in?
I understand that every place is different and where you live could be vastly different in outlook from where I am.
Just wondering is all ...
Andy

I'm personally more concerned about my next door neighbors than anything. Some bad stuff goes on at their place, and I'm the closest house to them - their driveway touches mine, which means when I unload something, they can see what I have. And while I have no evidence that they would or have, rob someone, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. At the moment, their house is in foreclosure and it's due to go to auction in March unless they can come up with $290,000 in cash before then. I'm even more concerned now knowing that they're probably getting desperate. For that reason, I try not to let them see anything I have - I even have packages shipped to work to avoid them seeing the truck and/or the package on the doorstep.

And yes, it is sad that we have to think that way now. On the street I grew up on, you could trust your neighbors, no questions asked.

Hi, my name is Etrain16 and I am the grey man o_O

It helps to live with semi like minded people who have guns too.....
My neighbor has quads, dirt bikes & leaves his garage open when he's home on the weekends during the summer. He nor any of us (3 houses) have ever been burgled (knock on wood) since I've lived there (20+ years) I'm not saying I'm the protection of the hood but have heard talk that some would not even think of prowling our little piece of heaven.
I do have a grey house & a big grey shop though, does that make me a grey man? :p:p:p

It helps to live with semi like minded people who have guns too.....
My neighbor has quads, dirt bikes & leaves his garage open when he's home on the weekends during the summer. He nor any of us (3 houses) have ever been burgled (knock on wood) since I've lived there (20+ years) I'm not saying I'm the protection of the hood but have heard talk that some would not even think of prowling our little piece of heaven.
I do have a grey house & a big grey shop though, does that make me a grey man? :p:p:p

If you're not grey, you may be blue...

This would be interesting for me.

First, could they find it?

The DMV screwed up the address on my license and registration; they put both mailing and residence street addresses on it but only put the mailing address city, which is 20 miles from the residence and a completely different city. Also, I live on a private road off a gravel backroad off a backroad off a backroad that on a mountainside - easy to get lost up here.

Second, neighbor dogs are always patrolling and will bark at all strangers.
It definitely wouldn't work for me - - I have a private mailbox and all my mail is sent there - - it's a street address, so USPS, FedEx, UPS and Process servers can all use the same address, and someone is always there to sign for parcels.

I only go there 2 or 3 times a week. The nice thing is that I can always call to check if an item has arrived that I'm expecting (a check, a parcel, etc).

Ever notice Magpul, Noveske, NRA stickers on pickup trucks? Follow these guys home and you'll most likely find plenty of guns and ammo. I live close to a guy that has a Noveske sticker on his truck that's parked in front of his house. He's making himself a target. There's another guy that drives a lifted 4x4 with about 50 stickers on it, Marine Corp, NRA, AR's, AK's, machine guns, "Kill them all", etc. cool truck and I kind of like the stickers but he's blowing his security. If a thief wants an easy hit, go to his house. Anyway I just came across this video. Take a look, it's good. Kind of goes alon the "Gray man concept". I lost a complete collection years ago, I don't want it to happen to you.

Good information (even thinking of subscribing to the YouTube channel). As urban/suburban prepers, we should logically assume that our OPSEC is already blown.

Oh well. When collapse comes, the fun begins...

I dont know about that, last time I ordered a brick the package sat on my doorstep all day till I got home, aside from being heavy written all over it was LAX Ammo. A friend of mine ordered 2 bricks, he happened to be home when the delivery guy shows up who immediately mentioned my friend "must be stocking up" and proceeded to want to talk about guns, caliber etc.

In my case anyone could have taken note of the package and left it so they could wait till we go away for the weekend. In my friends case, thats at least one person who knows your valuables that may or may not be an honest person.

Uncle Mike here,
I thought about that awhile back, and got on board with UPS to deliver prepper type stuff to my nearby UPS store, and I'll pick it up there. Also, I can make the "ship to" my place of work, and Im the guy that signs for deliveries. My truck has absolutely no stickers defacing it. ( tattoos on women are like someone tagging a Greek statue, especially tramp stamps).

It definitely wouldn't work for me - - I have a private mailbox and all my mail is sent there - - it's a street address, so USPS, FedEx, UPS and Process servers can all use the same address, and someone is always there to sign for parcels.

I only go there 2 or 3 times a week. The nice thing is that I can always call to check if an item has arrived that I'm expecting (a check, a parcel, etc).

my mailing addy is a private PO box too - I have most mail go there, but parcels come to my home now - just easier and nobody messes with them because of the private road

I do have a [(image of Vladimir Putin) Not My President] sticker on the work rig. A little concerned about the KGB ops. But I don't operate in Vancouver or Gresham and out here their leather coats and track suits don't blend in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top