JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This would be outstanding. I hope he goes through with it. He will screw Hillary and the old commie by pulling votes from them. I seriously doubt he will get 1% of the republican vote.

He will have the same effect Ross Perot had on the republicans when he ran.

Don't discount him, he is very smart. He was genius with that big gulp drama, he doesn't give a bubblegum about public health, he did it to distract us from things that actually matter. He knew it wouldn't stop anybody from blowing money on drinks that kill them, and he counted on that. What it did do is draw attention to the drinks, probably caused people to buy more of them as some kind of stupid "protest," thus funneling more money from the public to the corporations (and his own pocket). The sicker and poorer the population, the more secure his money and power is.

It was perfect misdirection, do something that is irrelevant, but that people will go nuts about, and then you can keep buying government while people are up in arms about not being able to buy big gulps. What did the government do in 2012 and 2013 that they didn't want us to know about? That's the question people should be asking, that's what Bloomberg was really doing.

Hmmmmm.......thinking out loud here....

Are we seeing Wall Street prep the panic button?

So far, all of the big money, bought and paid for, Wall Street friendly candidates have either crashed and burned, or are hanging on by a thread.

Jeb Bush, in spite of having spent $80 million on his campaign, has only gained the nomination as "Best Punching Bag" for Trump. His numbers are barely out of single digit range and no one seems the least bit interested.

Hillary, who's election platform looks to be based solely on the fact that she (allegedly) has a vagina, is looking more and more likely to be facing some sort of charges from her email scandal, and is seeing her numbers being erased by Sanders.

Those that are leading or surging in the polls, .....Trump, Sanders, Cruz,....are not as intertwined with the Wall Street establishment and in some cases (Sanders) are considered openly hostile to "business as usual".

Mikey B. might be nothing more than a political Hail Mary pass.

E

Trump IS the Wall Street establishment. Sanders is definitely anti-Wall Street. Cruz is putting on an anti face, but I doubt his sincerity.

I wonder if his plan is to spoil the Republican candidate instead? He would have a hard time positioning as a conservative though.

elsie
Maybe to screw up Trump? And I'm not sure he isn't running interference for Hilary anyway
This would be outstanding. I hope he goes through with it. He will screw Hillary and the old commie by pulling votes from them. I seriously doubt he will get 1% of the republican vote.

He will have the same effect Ross Perot had on the republicans when he ran.
Just another rich white guy anyway,I'd guess you're right on this

Trump IS the Wall Street establishment. Sanders is definitely anti-Wall Street. Cruz is putting on an anti face, but I doubt his sincerity.

Trump has hammered Wall Street in recent speeches, wants to raise taxes on the rich, and has embraced policies that will hurt many multinational companies.

Wall Street hates him because he is a class traitor and has bought into the populist rhetoric that Wall Street is greedy and makes too much money.

E

Lovely news to wake up to this morning - anti-gun psychopath and sole decision maker on the size of soft drinks you should have, is eyeing a potential independent run for President. His decision to run will apparently be based upon who the selected leaders will be in each major party. What that means is if Trump or Cruz on the R side or Bernie on the D side, appear to gain their party's respective nominations, he would jump in as an independent to help fight what he refers to as "extremism". Wow, this guy is the last person that should be calling someone else 'extreme'.

We can only hope that God, with whom Bloomie is apparently quite tight after restricting soda consumption and attacking gun ownership rights, will eagerly call the worthless billionaire home in the very near future.

I wonder, would any conservatives or even middle of the road folks, waste a vote on this POS??

Some of the stories on this:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-bloomberg-mulling-run-for-president-as-an-independent-1453568255

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0f4176-c1ee-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-bloomberg-running-for-president-report-considering-2016-1

I posted this on the other thread, but my opinion is that Wall Street is lining up for a Hail Mary pass for the White House should all of their bought and paid for candidates fail in the primary.

The prospect of Trump, Sanders, or Cruz sitting in the Oval Office sends shivers through the big money players and so far all of their donation money to Bush and Hillary has been good money chasing bad.

Say what you will, but no one can claim this to be an uninteresting election.

I think all you have to do is look at who he wouldn't run against: Clinton, Bush, Christie, etc. They are all likely to be right in bed with people like Bloomberg in the first place. I do think your'e on to something there.

So, is there another thread on Bloomberg running already? If so, maybe the mods should close this one.

Trump has hammered Wall Street in recent speeches, wants to raise taxes on the rich, and has embraced policies that will hurt many multinational companies.

Wall Street hates him because he is a class traitor and has bought into the populist rhetoric that Wall Street is greedy and makes too much money.

E

He's lying. He's a business man, he knows what to say to get what he wants. Wall Street is playing along, it's not like they can say anything else without making people ask questions.

Or he's a shill for Clinton, I'm still not sure about that.

Trump... and has embraced policies that will hurt many multinational companies.
How so?

That the filthy lying Chamber of Commerce might finally lose its stranglehold on American wages? That can only help US domestic businesses via real improvement in consumer spending and an actual increase in employment vs the phony lies that come out of hobama's pie hole.

Your theory against Trump is flawed.

How so?

That the filthy lying Chamber of Commerce might finally lose its stranglehold on American wages? That can only help US domestic businesses via real improvement in consumer spending and an actual increase in employment vs the phony lies that come out of hobama's pie hole.

Your theory against Trump is flawed.

Trump has claimed that he will gut NAFTA, is anti-China, and would bring a level of uncertainty that Wall Street money managers hate. Anti Trump ads are appearing, backed by Wall Street money.

If my theory is flawed, then explain why Bloomberg is considering a run this late in the game?

E

Trump has claimed that he will gut NAFTA, is anti-China, and would bring a level of uncertainty that Wall Street money managers hate. Anti Trump ads are appearing, backed by Wall Street money.

If my theory is flawed, then explain why Bloomberg is considering a run this late in the game?

E
You are twisting your media sound bites.
Trump wants to bring China (& NAFTA) to the table for FAIR trade - not the crap we're under now.
US multi-nationals get a huge tax break for repatriation of the trillions held overseas.
US Tax rate reduces so US becomes a tax haven instead of the highest of the developed nations under hobama.
Restoring opportunity for domestic jobs helps US businesses small and large.
All of which can unleash the "animal spirits" - risk takers - that have been MIA under hobama (and even longer). Rather than individuals and businesses hiding in fear of high taxation and outrageous over-regulation, real opportunity for business owners, for investors, for wage workers, can exist again.
Rather than wall street expanding because of the Fed inducement, real incentivized expansion - based on economic growth - GDP - can exist again.

As for bloomberg, the dems are finally grasping that hill the kill is likely going to prison - banishment from politics at the very least. Even Biden is dusting off his eyebrows again. Not rocket science.

You are twisting your media sound bites.
Trump wants to bring China (& NAFTA) to the table for FAIR trade - not the crap we're under now.
US multi-nationals get a huge tax break for repatriation of the trillions held overseas.
US Tax rate reduces so US becomes a tax haven instead of the highest of the developed nations under hobama.
Restoring opportunity for domestic jobs helps US businesses small and large.
All of which can unleash the "animal spirits" - risk takers - that have been MIA under hobama (and even longer). Rather than individuals and businesses hiding in fear of high taxation and outrageous over-regulation, real opportunity for business owners, for investors, for wage workers, can exist again.
Rather than wall street expanding because of the Fed inducement, real incentivized expansion - based on economic growth - GDP - can exist again.

As for bloomberg, the dems are finally grasping that hill the kill is likely going to prison - banishment from politics at the very least. Even Biden is dusting off his eyebrows again. Not rocket science.

Then why isn't Wall Street supporting hjm?

E

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR