JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am incredibly hopeful that this will not pass. If it does, I can't imagine where they would come up with the resources to enforce it, especially given the amount of folks who would rather not live here any longer than contribute to state coffers.

If it does pass, I'm fairly certain that the NRA, and probably OFF and OOC, and maybe GOA, is going to sue and tie it up in the courts for a long while. As to enforcement, quite a few counties have SAPOs.

If it does pass, I'm fairly certain that the NRA, and probably OFF and OOC, and maybe GOA, is going to sue and tie it up in the courts for a long while. As to enforcement, quite a few counties have SAPOs.
While that does offer comfort, I can't help but wonder when the the people will get tired of how dry the tree of liberty is looking.

I've been reading what others here have said but waited to post until most of the initial hysteria and ranting died down. Truth be told, I had to wait until my own hysteria and ranting died down before I could even begin reading...

So, here goes:
  • Check out post #77 here. Did I call it, or what?!

I called it too post #41 Given new gun control legislation in 2018 in Oregon what should be on the buy list?

'Lift Every Voice Oregon' organizers plan to introduce two bills to state legislatures on gun control

You're not the only one. This week has been weird for business, but I've been studying this pile of ... legislation. Not only is it easily the most draconian state/territorial-level bill I'm aware of, it is quite possibly the most poorly worded and constructed ever. I, quite literally, lost a little more faith in humanity with this one.

Going with that and mid terms I wouldn't be surprised if this or one of the many others were to be popularly voted thru. I was hopeful at mid terms I am certainly not carrying the same feeling with these bills even if poorly worded or are very overbearing. Get enough drunk on the kool-aide and they'll go head over heels for it because they certainly DO NOT care about the 2A.

Last I checked they certainly had a bigger voter turn out for it too. We've gone darker blue each voting season in this state so that should kinda speak volumes about how eager people are to purchase temporary safety. Deny all you want but its the reality.

Best bet is supporting those who take these to legal courts and challenge and help raise awareness even if we don't all see eye to eye on other things we can at least agree to defend our gun rights. Case in point, most people thought the taliban of Afghanistan wasn't too much but simple farmers and cave dwellers. They've been rather crafty in some of the things they do. Don't give your opponent an opportunity because you think its least likely to happen, they'll certainly surprise you. Complacency kills

I still don't think this is the bill to focus on. More bills are being announced with lots of restrictions, but not as easily challenged in court as this one would be. I do believe this bill is just in place to both appease some donors that wanted to give their kids something fun to do and to help distract us from the real agenda for this legislative session. I saw an announcement on the news last night that a group of "religious leaders" are working with legislators on a tough new bill - something like that is the stuff we really need to watch out for.

And yes, I'm hopeful that no matter what passes, there will be some groups ready to tie it up and challenge it in court. I don't think we stand a chance at actually stopping it in the legislature itself - the votes are heavily stacked against us. The courts will likely be our only hope of defeating whatever they pass. We should all be prepared to fire up our pocketbooks later this year.

SAPO... prohibits Sheriffs, watch out for troopers.

Bills that declare emergency take effect immediately... takes awhile to get injunction to tie them up... imagine the mess in the meantime.

Just like they did with SB941?

Just made an offer on a nice little place in Parma. Will be taking my business with me, creating five unemployed Oregonians, and looking to improve another state if this actually happens.

Last Edited:
Just like they did with SB941?

I don't know about that one, but the NRA, OOC, and OFF all filed lawsuits on IP-43, and successfully derailed said.

Just made an offer on a nice little place in Parma. Will be taking my business with me, creating five unemployed Oregonians, and looking to improve another state.

Good luck on the move. Our relocation plans have been stepped up dramatically too.

Screenshot_20190118-172923.png

I don't know that it has been addressed in this thread, but the economic impact would be pretty hellacious. From the big retailers (e.g., Cabellas, Sportsmans, etc.) to hunting services, to small shops, to kitchen table FFLs, and all between. That is a lot of outfits getting lunched. Here's hoping those that have a financial stake, in addition to their Constitutional rights, join the fight.
I share that hope. There are those who have the opinion that FFLs aren't obligated to fight this kind of legislation. I heard from those who shared this belief when I was suggesting that more FFLs join the fight against IP 43 last year. Instead what we got from BiMart, Kroger, Walmart, Dick's and possibly others was the implementation of illegal store policies that embolden the very people who are now crafting plans to infringe on our 2A rights in huge ways. I hope that will change but the damage has been done.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top