JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Dems are all to quick to invalidate the second amendment because of the line about "well regulated militias" which makes me wonder, why don't we all just form a militia?
Just tell them about the Oregon constitution which is even more pro-gun.

Article 1, Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution states: "The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"

To me if law enforcement enforces this they are going against what they were sworn to do. But I agree with you and would gladly stand with my brothers and sisters.

Many of them will put their paychecks and pentions first, many wouldn't want to risk that comfy career they have...

Did receive an encouraging email today:

Thank You for contacting Representative Wilson's office regarding legislation concerning the Second Amendment. It is essential to hear from Oregonians that care for the protection of their right to access, obtain, and own firearms. Representative Wilson shares your support on upholding our Constitutional rights, and will be very vigilant about any attempts in the Oregon Legislature to further erode those rights.

Currently, Representative Wilson is not convinced that any new proposals are necessary and is very skeptical of legislation aimed at making it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to exercise their Constitutional rights.

Thank you for contacting my office to express your concerns. It is because of Oregonians like you, who participate in the legislative process, that we are able to hear all Oregonians. We encourage you to also contact the sponsor's offices on any legislation you would like to express your comments or concerns about, however, please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any further questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Matthew Wurst
Legislative Assistant
Rep. Carl Wilson, HD03
Oregon House Republican Leader
900 Court Street NE Rm H395A
Salem, OR 97301
Capitol phone: 503.986.1403
District phone: 541.476.7896
May be a form letter, I omitted my name from the top.

Letters to the Editor of the Oregonian on SB501 (SB 501)

Readers respond: Gun permit bill too extreme

Considering its not a gun forum, if you check the comments on that article, they are overwhelmingly against SB501.

One comment..."SB 501 reminds me of the 55 mph National Maximum Speed Limit Law enacted in 1974. There was massive noncompliance and it was universally ignored. The more law abiding people sense they are being unjustly regulated against, the more they will ignore those regulations."

Last Edited:
Considering its not a gun forum, if you check the comments on that article, they are overwhelmingly against SB501.

One comment..."SB 501 reminds me of the 55 mph National Maximum Speed Limit Law enacted in 1974. There was massive noncompliance and it was universally ignored. The more law abiding people sense they are being unjustly regulated against, the more they will ignore those regulations."
You mean to tell me I didn't have to drive 55mph all those years?

Just received a reply to an email I sent to Senator Betsy Johnson (D). This is her reply:
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your email.

I will be a NO on SB-275, SB-501 & HB-2251.

Best,

Betsy
(503) 543-4046

Betsy has been around for a long time and is Democrat in title only (most of the time). Hopefully more Democrats will follow her lead.

Excellent points, I plagiarized most of it and added some changes. Send it off to the legislators
Senator Rob Wagner
503-986-1719
[email protected]

Representative Andrea Salinas
503-986-1438
[email protected]
...............................................................................................................................
I am writing to let you know that I absolutely object to the bill you have proposed.

Your bill simply tramples on the rights of all citizens, < .. snip ...>

Thanks for your work writing this piece.. as Ive pondered what I want to say, youve hit on many of the same comments .

I URGE EVERYONE TO WRITE THESE LEGISLATORS to present strong public comment, use these comments as a jumping off point.

They MUST hear strong opposition to this ridiculous bill. If we dont fight, we may end up with the most restrictive laws in the country.

WRITE YOUR LEGISLATORS

Got this a couple days ago:

Thank you for sharing your perspective with our office. Senate Bill 501 is still early in the process and it is difficult to predict how it will fare. It is likely that it will be amended at least once before Representative Lively has any chance to vote on it. Because of this, he is waiting to make a final decision on the bill. As you may know, the Representative is a supporter of 2nd Amendment rights and also understands the need to address the crisis of gun violence.

Please feel welcome to contact Representative Lively's office with any further questions or concerns.

Ryan Moore

Legislative Aide

Rep. John Lively-HD 12, Springfield

The bulk of my e-mail to him:

I am opposed to the gun control bills currently being proposed. The evidence is overwhelming that gun control laws do not reduce crime. Only a fraction of crimes are committed by those who legally own guns and adding more laws against gun owners does almost nothing to reduce crime. The issue with gun violence is primarily criminals killing criminals (a lot of that gang related) and suicides. What works to reduce crime is to keep violent criminals in jail, and what works to reduce suicides by expanding mental health services, identifying, and getting help to the people who need it.

You impressed me as a fair minded and objective person when I met you. I am counting on you to make sure nothing extreme makes it through the House this session.

I have some experience "fighting city hall" on another topic, years ago. Here is what I observed:

1: Most politicians care most about their re-election. Therefore they mostly follow the biggest crowd.
2: They need a really good excuse to change an already-stated opinion. You have to give them one. When you email or write or call, you should give good reasons.
3: Your good reason(s) should be solid logic that can't easily be shot down when justifying their position. Never let them be embarrassed by repeating your statements.
4: Never embarrass the 2A. Never threaten violence. Never be one of "those morons" they use as justfication for confiscating your protection. Those morons are out there. You have to minimize their effect.
5: You and everyone you know should flood their phones, emails and snail-mail with communications. Get a committed reply.
6: When they see which way the crowd is going, they will use some of your "good reasons" to justify voting with you, when you are part of the crowd.
7: Therefore, MAKE A CROWD. FLOOD THEM with firm, correct, polite messages. Fill their email and melt their phone wires.

Democrats claim to be for protecting minorities. Show them how gun control hurts minorities in every era. Are you Jewish? "I am afraid for my children" African American? Same. LGBT? Same. Any member of any group has at one time or another in the last century been persecuted. Tell them how guns even the odds between bigots and their intended victims. There are plenty of stories.

How about the expense of losing your hobby? After all the money you spent, they are banning ownership of your toys because of someone else's crimes?

In summary: They must see a hurricane of polite but firm emails, phone calls and letters. The hurricane must contain lots of justification for voting YOUR WAY. They must realize they have awakened a sleeping giant. Get everyone you know to participate. Help your 90-year old grandmother.

Find any reason. Then hammer them. IT IS THE FLOOD OF MAIL THAT MAKES THEM VOTE YOUR WAY . It is the quality of the mail that gives them justification for their vote.

FEEL FREE TO REPOST IN YOUR OWN WORDS AND NAME. This is for the 2a, not me.

How about a comparison of victims of all mass shootings to the victims of uncontrolled borders?
The Washington Post published a story naming all 1135 victims of mass shootings since 1966. 1135 is a lot of innocent victims.
This is a link to the 2018 ICE Enforcement and Removal Report of criminal illegal aliens they deported in FY 2018, including a tabularization of their crime count. There were 2038 murders, 2085 kidnappings, 5562 robberies, 5300 sexual assaults, 50,000 assualts, 12,600 burglaries, 80,000 DUI's, 76,000 drug crimes, 23,000 obstruction of justice and more I did not include.
This is the link. There are identical reports with similar crime counts for previous years.
https://www.ice.gov/doclib/about/offices/ero/pdf/eroFY2018Report.pdf

So victims of all mass shootings since 1966 are around half the murder victims of the people deported in only one year. Those folks would not have been here had we enforced our borders.

You should not blame people for wanting to come to the US. You should blame the politicians who will not let us screen the new arrivals by enforcing how they arrive.

MYTH: "You can't defend against a modern army, so the Second Amendment is not relevant to today's conversation"

REAL LIFE: An armed citizenry makes the cost of an invasion unacceptable. Remember the 2003 Iraq war? Saddam's military fell in 41 days. But the US soldiers fighting and dying lasted until President Obama withdrew the troops in 2011.

Most of the time, when a political class wants to harm "those people", whoever they are, they won't tie up soldiers and police. They will encourage gangs and hate groups, then order the cops to be somewhere else when it goes down. Weapons to defend against thug-types work very well, because the thugs aren't willing to trade their lives for the thrill of bullying innocents.

History: In Bull Connor's Birmingham, Alabama, Condoleezza Rice' father formed a neighborhood watch program. The cops tried to interfere, but the Second Amendment won out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top