JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what another had said, we welcome your dollars, yes that's what will happen and Oregon gun shops will be gone. More than likely what they want anyhow.

I don't know that it has been addressed in this thread, but the economic impact would be pretty hellacious. From the big retailers (e.g., Cabellas, Sportsmans, etc.) to hunting services, to small shops, to kitchen table FFLs, and all between. That is a lot of outfits getting lunched. Here's hoping those that have a financial stake, in addition to their Constitutional rights, join the fight.

Third attempt at trying to read this POS legislation without puking.:oops:

You're not the only one. This week has been weird for business, but I've been studying this pile of ... legislation. Not only is it easily the most draconian state/territorial-level bill I'm aware of, it is quite possibly the most poorly worded and constructed ever. I, quite literally, lost a little more faith in humanity with this one.

I read nothing that says people who already own them, have to get this permit, only new buyers, but still. Plus it does force people to buy a locked safe etc... And this may or not make most conservatives happy, but it does make them report all failed buyers to state, and federal prosecutors.
Registration, permits, allowed reasons for confiscation, and more...:s0003:

I've been reading what others here have said but waited to post until most of the initial hysteria and ranting died down. Truth be told, I had to wait until my own hysteria and ranting died down before I could even begin reading...

So, here goes:
  • Check out post #77 here. Did I call it, or what?!
  • For anyone who still isn't sure, this legislation will actually ban revolvers and shotguns that hold more than 5 rounds in the mag. It really is that bad...
  • There is a good chance that this won't pass once it is actually analyzed, but with the nuttiness in our State Legislature it is certainly possible. If it does pass, there is a good chance that it will be overturned by the Oregon Supreme Court and, of that doesn't happen, the battle will go Federal, so be prepared to financially support the organizations fighting on our behalf.
  • I have written many, many emails regarding anti-gun bills over the years and have come to the conclusion that 99% of the time it does nothing. When SB941 was being discussed, legislators were FLOODED with emails and phone calls, and you know the outcome. I don't want to discourage folks from communicating their feelings on this matter to those who "represent" us, but please look for new ways to do it as the typical methods are not effective. It will have to have a DIRECT impact on those presenting these bills, such as a couple hundred gun owners driving the residential streets where the folks introducing this stuff live so that they are unable to get to work, take their kids to school, or pick up a gallon of milk.
  • There may be a very simple, peaceful way to resolve this. If every LEO in the state who is against this and works in a district represented by a Democrat went on strike until they rescinded the legislation, I believe there would be lots of Democrats in those districts urging their representatives to drop the issue in very short order. Imagine Portland, Salem, and Eugene with 80% of its law enforcement on strike! This legislation will directly impact LEOs, their families, and future generations of their families, as well as their communities, so it behooves them to fight this with everything they've got, and they are in a unique position to "communicate" to our representatives in a way the rest of us can't. I would be happy to help financially support the three LEOs that live in my neighborhood until they were able to return to work, and one of the pro gun orgs like OFF or the OOC could be a collection point with a large donation from the NRA for good measure. Come on LEOs, I know I'm asking you to stick your neck out, but right now I can't think of a better way to further honor your oath and the flag you wear on your shoulder every day. Freedom will always require sacrifice, like those who gave their lives fighting in the bitter NE winters to bring us this country, and we've got your back if you'll have ours.

Last Edited:
I am incredibly hopeful that this will not pass. If it does, I can't imagine where they would come up with the resources to enforce it, especially given the amount of folks who would rather not live here any longer than contribute to state coffers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top