JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is one simple way to "fix" this. It is the only real way to fix it. Most gun owners have to vote to put the right people in office, and put the right people out of office. As it is now a huge portion of those who own guns and claim they want to keep owning them, vote in people who want to take them. Until and unless that changes the left will just keep making more and more laws. If I live another decade I fully expect to see CA type gun laws here in WA. Gun owners will vote for them while they scream that it's all the fault of the NRA <shrug>

If folks start running around the streets open carrying ARs, the people will freak out and the legislature will pass a bill banning all open carry.

That's exactly what happened in California, thanks to guys like this

7319371_orig.jpg

Not a very smart strategy. People need to remember where we live. This isn't Wyoming. Open carry in the more populated areas of Oregon is going to scare and antagonize people and INCREASE demands for gun control.

That's exactly what happened in California, thanks to guys like this

View attachment 537323

Not a very smart strategy. People need to remember where we live. This isn't Wyoming. Open carry in the more populated areas of Oregon is going to scare and antagonize people and INCREASE demands for gun control.

Actually it was the Black Panthers entering the California Capitol building with long-guns which prompted Reagan to sign the Mulford Act in 1967 not "those guys".

Actually it was the Black Panthers entering the California Capitol building with long-guns which prompted Reagan to sign the Mulford Act in 1967 not "those guys".

The Black Panthers open carrying LOADED firearms led to the 1967 Mulford Act (introduced by Republican Don Mulford and signed by Gov. Ronald Reagan) that banned open carry of LOADED firearms in California, but open carry of UNLOADED firearms was still legal.

Then around 2010 "open carry activists" started open carrying UNLOADED firearms into Starbucks and other places as shown in the video in my earlier post, scaring people and leading to a ban of open carry of UNLOADED handguns in 2011 and UNLOADED long guns in 2012, thereby banning ALL open carry. Talk about a bad strategy that backfired and blew up in their faces. Let's not repeat the mistakes of others.

Last Edited:
California protestors were open carrying because concealed carry was may issue. The resulting open carry ban will hopefully be overturned by higher courts.

Those guys at Chipotle in Texas were legally carrying long guns as a protest since open carry of handguns was not permitted back then. It worked Texas now allows open carry of handguns.

Your absolutely right! These new age big gov. politicians are not the same as in generations past. They want absolute control over your life. Get in line or get put in prison. Guns are on the front line now but it has been other things in the past and will be in the future. Republicans, democrats and everybody in between that enjoys control over their own lives need to get on the same page and fight this lest we all suffer the same fate!

Best chance we have now to prevent this extreme type of anti-gun bill from being approved is to write letters to the least anti-gun members of the democrat party and pose as supporters. Tell them you will not vote for them again if they vote for this extreme legislation.

Best chance we have now to prevent this extreme type of anti-gun bill from being approved is to write letters to the least anti-gun members of the democrat party and pose as supporters. Tell them you will not vote for them again if they vote for this extreme legislation.
I'm on board with this. I live in a very conservative district so sending emails to my reps won't have much impact. Can you guys out there in moderate Democrat districts post your state reps name so we can start the email volleys.

I'm on board with this. I live in a very conservative district so sending emails to my reps won't have much impact. Can you guys out there in moderate Democrat districts post your state reps name so we can start the email volleys.
I will put together a list of the most moderate candidates and post them this week. If you live outside of the districts of these most moderate candidates you can still participate by sending electronic letters and pick your favorite city in that district to put in your letter. To get the most milage out of these letters, pick some moderately liberal thing the Rep or Sen has voted for and praise them for that while expressing the great displeasure you will feel if they support this extreme anti-gun bill(s).

If you can't bring yourself to pose as a supporter of these target moderate liberals. Please consider writing them and explaining how you will be heavily supporting the recall effort against them and more strongly than ever supporting the candidate running against them in their next campaign if they vote for this garbage bill.

All 2A supporters have to get off their arses and do something this year. It is going to be a very ugly year for those who value their constituional rights.

I will put together a list of the most moderate candidates and post them this week. If you live outside of the districts of these most moderate candidates you can still participate by sending electronic letters and pick your favorite city in that district to put in your letter. To get the most milage out of these letters, pick some moderately liberal thing the Rep or Sen has voted for and praise them for that while expressing the great displeasure you will feel if they support this extreme anti-gun bill(s).

If you can't bring yourself to pose as a supporter of these target moderate liberals. Please consider writing them and explaining how you will be heavily supporting the recall effort against them and more strongly than ever supporting the candidate running against them in their next campaign if they vote for this garbage bill.

All 2A supporters have to get off their arses and do something this year. It is going to be a very ugly year for those who value their constituional rights.
Nice! Yes they should hear from us even if we're not from those districts because this will effect the whole state not just that area! You don't have to tell em that your from that district just simply tell them you will never do business in that district again until they are removed from office. We all have the power of the dollar. At every turn we should boycott any government that does not support the constitution! That's the least we can do.

Do legislators have access to voting records? Can they determine the registered party of those who write them?

Party affiliation, along with other registration information (e.g., name, address, etc.), is public record. Who you voted is supposed to be private. Forbes has a run down here, in case it is of interest. Cheers.

Another question here. Anybody savy enough with law to know if there could be a lawsuit filed against the sponsors of this bill on the basis that they are actively trying to deprive law abiding citizens of their right to the 2nd amend and self defense. There is a ton of data supporting the "need" for more than 5 rounds! And here the anti gunners always say people should have to be "proficient" in firearms before they are allowed to own one. How can someone become proficient with only 20 rounds a month? I know the OR courts are liberal enough that they wouldn't uphold it but there are always appeals and you have to start somewhere. Also these reps need to feels personally exposed to litigation if they are this intent on violation the constitution.

Another question here. Anybody savy enough with law to know if there could be a lawsuit filed against the sponsors of this bill on the basis that they are actively trying to deprive law abiding citizens of their right to the 2nd amend and self defense. There is a ton of data supporting the "need" for more than 5 rounds! And here the anti gunners always say people should have to be "proficient" in firearms before they are allowed to own one. How can someone become proficient with only 20 rounds a month? I know the OR courts are liberal enough that they wouldn't uphold it but there are always appeals and you have to start somewhere. Also these reps need to feels personally exposed to litigation if they are this intent on violation the constitution.

Legislative immunity, so no.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top