JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can't sue or prosecute legislators for "violating the Constitution" (in your opinion) under the legal concept of "parliamentary immunity" or "legislative immunity".

There is a mechanism for punishing legislators that introduce or vote for laws that you don't like. It's called an election. Other than that, you have no recourse.
Gotcha. Seems like we need to get a petition going then to take that law off the books. I think even libs would vote for that cause they could in turn go after repubs on the other side. The more politicians that have to really consider the personal recourse of their actions the better.

Most emails to .Guv get read by staffers, and who knows what from there...
Depends on if the G-man/ woman cares or not...

BUT, They DO NOTICE NUMBERS..... Especially BIG Numbers...

Lots of good advice above, and YES, be respectful no matter how much it hurts.....

Sometimes it helps to add a kicker,
like after you give your name,
you could put "AKA: ISSAC MUZZY"....

It just depends....

Another question here. Anybody savy enough with law to know if there could be a lawsuit filed against the sponsors of this bill on the basis that they are actively trying to deprive law abiding citizens of their right to the 2nd amend and self defense. There is a ton of data supporting the "need" for more than 5 rounds! And here the anti gunners always say people should have to be "proficient" in firearms before they are allowed to own one. How can someone become proficient with only 20 rounds a month? I know the OR courts are liberal enough that they wouldn't uphold it but there are always appeals and you have to start somewhere. Also these reps need to feels personally exposed to litigation if they are this intent on violation the constitution.

Two issues here:

1.) as mentioned by other posts, your recourse against the legislator is at the ballot box, flooding their offices with contacts, and finding their pressure points, if possible, in that they normally want to be liked and more importantly re-elected.

2.) you need to remember that this is proposed legislation. There is likely nothing to sue on until a law is passed. However, once passed perhaps you can sue if you have "standing" and can prove you were damaged or other laws are violated by the legislation.

In my opinion, you need to do #1 now with gusto! Doing the second route takes time and money. If you don't think so look at how long the high capacity magazine legislation has been taking in California and we are not passed the injunction stage yet. Also look how long (8 or 9 years???) the guy in Hawaii has been fighting to get a carry permit.

Lastly, if this goes forward without push back just imagine how many other "exciting" laws you will get to endure.

Last Edited:
Those guys at Chipotle in Texas were legally carrying long guns as a protest since open carry of handguns was not permitted back then. It worked Texas now allows open carry of handguns.

As I said, be conscious of where we live. Reaction to open carry in Texas is going to be different from reaction to open carry in California and Oregon. Oregon, need I remind you, is a deep blue state that has gone to the Democratic presidential candidate the past eight elections in a row (Texas has gone to the Republican the past ten elections in a row), has two Democratic US Senators (Texas has two Republican US Senators), re-elected Kate Brown (Texas has a republican governor), and has Democratic supermajorities in both chambers of its legislature (Republicans have majorities in both chambers of the Texas legislature). Ballot initiatives to end sanctuary state status and taxpayer-funded abortions in Oregon lost by a landslide.

So yeah, Texas and Oregon, apples and oranges. Oregon is much more like California politically than Texas. If people want more gun control, start open carrying in the cities and towns of Oregon. It will play right into the hands of the gun controllers.

As I said, be conscious of where we live. Reaction to open carry in Texas is going to be different from reaction to open carry in California and Oregon. Oregon, need I remind you, is a deep blue state that has gone to the Democratic presidential candidate the past eight elections in a row (Texas has gone to the Republican the past ten elections in a row), has two Democratic US Senators (Texas has two Republican US Senators), re-elected Kate Brown (Texas has a republican governor), and has Democratic supermajorities in both chambers of its legislature (Republicans have majorities in both chambers of the Texas legislature). Ballot initiatives to end sanctuary state status and taxpayer-funded abortions in Oregon lost by a landslide.

So yeah, Texas and Oregon, apples and oranges. Oregon is much more like California politically than Texas. If people want more gun control, start open carrying in the cities and towns of Oregon. It will play right into the hands of the gun controllers.

Going with that we must also not forget about what has happened before. Though no shots were fired they were quick to make an example out of Michael Strickland and threw a book at him.

- Strickland had originally opted for a jury trial, but following jury selection, requested a bench trial. Multnomah County Circuit Judge Thomas Ryan found Strickland guilty of 10 counts of unlawful use of a weapon, 10 counts of menacing and one count of second-degree disorderly conduct. -

250k bail and wasn't released the next day unlike some criminals who have actually fired into people and have prior felony records being released the very next day on bail......HMMMMM
Man who pulled gun on crowd found guilty This was at a BLM protest, apply this to future ones and how much more quickly they would demonze in light of recent events.

Cases like this is why i've been trying to inform people locally about the importance of voting and who/what they are voting on especially related to gun laws. Informing of demographic and political mindsets of areas based of voting trends and the mid term final results. Sometimes you just cannot get people on track until they've touched the hot plate and learned that burning hurts.

Last Edited:
Our enemies are reading this site. Keep that in mind when publicly plotting your passive aggressive devious political activities. I'm going to say it again. Obfuscation is the Left's tactic. We must embrace our heritage and our Rights. We aren't going to win over enough Progressive/Leftist/Communist/Collectivists to make a difference. THEY WILL NEVER STOP, UNTIL STOPPED.

Then around 2010 "open carry activists" started open carrying UNLOADED firearms into Starbucks and other places as shown in the video in my earlier post, scaring people and leading to a ban of open carry of UNLOADED handguns in 2011 and UNLOADED long guns in 2012, thereby banning ALL open carry. Talk about a bad strategy that backfired and blew up in their faces. Let's not repeat the mistakes of others.

We used to have a saying about that:"How do you shoot yourself in the foot with an empty gun? Unloaded open carry."

I am uncertain how open carry doesn't apply to firearms regardless of whether or no they are AR's or muskets. Lets face it, the muskets kept and borne by our forefathers were the AR'S of the time period.

Z3519 said:

Another question here. Anybody savy enough with law to know if there could be a lawsuit filed against the sponsors of this bill on the basis that they are actively trying to deprive law abiding citizens of their right to the 2nd amend and self defense. There is a ton of data supporting the "need" for more than 5 rounds! And here the anti gunners always say people should have to be "proficient" in firearms before they are allowed to own one. How can someone become proficient with only 20 rounds a month? I know the OR courts are liberal enough that they wouldn't uphold it but there are always appeals and you have to start somewhere. Also these reps need to feels personally exposed to litigation if they are this intent on violation the constitution.

I think a step towards proficiency of the citizens would be a basic course on tools and their safe operation in public schools. Everything from how to sharpen a knife, pound a nail, run a drill, jump start a car battery, build a makeshift shelter, plant a garden, to how to operate a rifle and basic gun safety. It could incorporate other aspects in greater detail as the kids become more proficient with the skillsets of the previous lessons. Maybe 9 weeks each schoolyear on practical and safety stuff.

What to do in a fire, how to do basic first aid, what to do after an auto accident, how to avoid hypothermia.

Seems like the curriculum these days has kids leaving school with really no practical knowledge of how to make it in the real world. They know how to take tests... But in the hardest test of all (real life) they lack the skills to get by.

Last Edited:
Anybody mention that about the only common pistol ammunition in 20 round boxes is defense ammunition, which is typically hollowpoint and forbidden for use in international warfare under the Hague convention?

Not to be mean, or aggressive, allot of keyboard warriors I suspect on this website.
All who are members of the OK, not on my watch guys, sorry allot has been done
on your watch even public executions, in the Bundy affair. And you could hear crickets.
All you OFF supporters, no compromise. Sorry, yet again you are compromising and so is OFF.
Stop looking to any figure head that wants you to do something, why they do nothing.
The NRA where does one start, they are retracting tactics by selling out.

We need to be peacefully protesting these law makers places of work and homes.
Thats what the opposition does. At the very least write and let them know you are going to
do so if they keep doing what is planned. Not saying to threaten, saying to peacefully put them on the spot.
OFF, OK , and NRA have never learned the weak link is all liberals, is confrontation, if done peacefully it works.
But OFF, NWFA, OK and the NRA wont organize anything and that's sad, as we have thousands of members and
no movement, no power or influence.

( edit stupid spell checker.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews