JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe stop watching that channel?

That's a misconception, and a much more complicated issue. You can't survive when you're being poisoned with ammonia. Urine is how your body sheds nitrogenous waste made from protein digestion. The BEST way to make "urine" safe to drink would be to use it to wet a hole in the ground that you'd use for a solar still. That's it.
Yes that's what I meant it will keep you alive for a short time but you are going to be sick after

Yes that's what I meant it will keep you alive for a short time but you are going to be sick after
What I'm trying to tell you is that it WON'T keep you alive any longer than not drinking it. You're going to lose your kidneys if you do. You might be "alive," but you'll be on dialysis for the rest of your life. There's better options.

Maybe stop watching that channel?

That's a misconception, and a much more complicated issue. You can't survive when you're being poisoned with ammonia. Urine is how your body sheds nitrogenous waste made from protein digestion. The BEST way to make "urine" safe to drink would be to use it to wet a hole in the ground that you'd use for a solar still. That's it.
But what about a nice healthy gargle to wet your whistle?
At least you could die with a spring in your step.

What I'm trying to tell you is that it WON'T keep you alive any longer than not drinking it. You're going to lose your kidneys if you do. You might be "alive," but you'll be on dialysis for the rest of your life. There's better options.
I believe that's what I said is your going to be sick after as for losing your kidney you would have to repeatledy drink it for days but one time is not going to put you on dialysis but this is a last resort more of a last chance move more of a moral boost in a almost dead person

Like I also said. If you can't find water Around the pacific north west you have bigger problems lol I can walk out my front door and find a puddle of water that is drinkable

FWIW on my ultralight trips (or trips when something "comes up") I pack the previously-mentioned hand sani. I keep a few sheets of TP on me (4 squares in anything less than an overnight bag) when I'm in the woods. Use natural TP I gather on the way to digging my cathole, then use the TP just to "polish the mirror" as they say. Quick squirt of sanitizer and I'm back in the saddle.
Even on backpacking trips with the scouts, we always had a small amt of TP (aka "mountain money") and there is a biodegradable soap called "camp suds" that's in a small plastic bottle. Also, kept a wet sponge in a plastic bag to clean the crud off the mess kits. You'd be surprised how much extra stuff you can cram in these packs without adding too much weight or bulk.

Usta go fishin' with a guy who liked to catch catfish. He used Catfish Charlie blood bait exclusively. For those gentle souls who have never used Catfish Charlie Blood Bait ....well, it smells like excrement. Catfish seem to like it however. The same guy always insisted on doing all the cooking on the group's fishing trips. To be honest the guy reeked of Catfish Charlie after the first day's fishing. Dinner would roll around and the food all smelled like blood bait as well. "Didja wash yer hands?" we would ask. "Yep" he would always say. Couldn't avoid that smell no matter what. Usually lost my appetite on those trips. Moral of the story. Human excrement is WORSE! Whatever you use, wash yer paws really good. No sense everybody gettin' Hepatitis. SHTF? Stock up now on cheap soap. Learn how to make soap before extended SHTF. Else you will end up sanitizing your hands with your store of Jack Daniels! What a waste of good whisky that would be then. Whisky and soap both indispensable in SHTF.

Usta go fishin' with a guy who liked to catch catfish. He used Catfish Charlie blood bait exclusively. For those gentle souls who have never used Catfish Charlie Blood Bait ....well, it smells like excrement. Catfish seem to like it however. The same guy always insisted on doing all the cooking on the group's fishing trips. To be honest the guy reeked of Catfish Charlie after the first day's fishing. Dinner would roll around and the food all smelled like blood bait as well. "Didja wash yer hands?" we would ask. "Yep" he would always say. Couldn't avoid that smell no matter what. Usually lost my appetite on those trips. Moral of the story. Human excrement is WORSE! Whatever you use, wash yer paws really good. No sense everybody gettin' Hepatitis. SHTF? Stock up now on cheap soap. Learn how to make soap before extended SHTF. Else you will end up sanitizing your hands with your store of Jack Daniels! What a waste of good whisky that would be then. Whisky and soap both indispensable in SHTF.

I would think that concentrated laundry liquid or solid bars would be the easiest way to store lots for long term prepping

I would think that concentrated laundry liquid or solid bars would be the easiest way to store lots for long term prepping
About 20 years ago I got talked into using liquid soap for washing by a girlfriend. A couple of years ago I switched back to bars. It amazes me how long a bar of soap lasts compared to bottles of liquid soap. On small bar packed away would last for a long time, especially if packed away dry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top