JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW on my ultralight trips (or trips when something "comes up") I pack the previously-mentioned hand sani. I keep a few sheets of TP on me (4 squares in anything less than an overnight bag) when I'm in the woods. Use natural TP I gather on the way to digging my cathole, then use the TP just to "polish the mirror" as they say. Quick squirt of sanitizer and I'm back in the saddle.

Lite a fire and put your hands in the hot coals LOL JUST KIDDING there is no excuse these days for not having any type of hand cleaners or TP /baby wipes other than that boil water and Clean with hot water if that all you got

Yes I know it can be used for lots of stuff but like I said in this day and age if you don't have a small bottle of hand sanitizer or a pack of baby wipes in your pack your a fool lol a pack of 500 baby wipes is like 3 bucks and a 4oz bottle of hand sanitizer is like 99 cents

OK lol HELLO THIS IS THE PACIFIC NORTH WEST IF YOU CAN'T FIND WATER YOU ARE EITHER BLIND DRUNK OR JUST PLAIN STUPID LOL OR DEAD

My thoughts exactly. However the east side of the state is a bit of a different story...
I'll pee on my feet in the shower. I'd pee on my hands then wash them with water.

But drink it? Not sure I could.

So let's say you run out of soap or didn't carry soap to save weight. How do you disinfect your hands now?

I ask because I was watching a channel the other day where the guy suggested using wash cloths to wipe your butt instead of toilet paper since they last longer. But one thing interesting to note is that he had no soap, and even if he did, it would not last as long as his wash rags. Nothing like eating some squirrel with your hands after rinsing the poop out of the wash rags with your bare hands.

Apparently rinsing with just plain water will get rid of MOST bacteria, but not all. So what is the sage thing to do for improvised soap? Ash and fat? Does that disinfect though?
Maybe stop watching that channel?
Fact you can drink your own pee to stay alive or hydrated but you are going to be sick
That's a misconception, and a much more complicated issue. You can't survive when you're being poisoned with ammonia. Urine is how your body sheds nitrogenous waste made from protein digestion. The BEST way to make "urine" safe to drink would be to use it to wet a hole in the ground that you'd use for a solar still. That's it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top