JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Y'all gotta take a break from cheering for Ukraine, Russia captured the Nazi Azov forces.

Hmmm...... Wonder what they're hiding in the tunnels of the steel mill?

1652891284517.png

Y'all gotta take a break from cheering for Ukraine, Russia captured the Nazi Azov forces.

Hmmm...... Wonder what they're hiding in the tunnels of the steel mill?

If nothing else, one must admire the effectiveness of the programming necessary to get so many people to so virulently back one side in a war between two corrupt authoritarian regimes 6000 miles away, even at the unnecessary expense and suffering of one's own country. Not sure which is worse, the Ukraine simping or being quadruple-jabbed, triple masked, etc.

two corrupt authoritarian regimes 6000 miles away,
What about our own authoritarian regime.

I have Ukranian relatives who live here in the USA - two of occasionally spend time in Ukraine visiting their relatives there. I have never heard them complain about the "authoritarian regime" in Ukraine. Not sure how "authoritarian" Ukraine is, but I am willing to bet it is nowhere near what Russia is.

From what I understand, it was a lot worse before the people decided they did not want a Russian puppet as their leader and they did not want to be aligned with Russia, which is when Putin decided that Russia should impose its will on Ukraine.

So I am inclined to side with the Ukrainian people - many of whom seem to be voluntarily fighting against Russian conscripts invading their country. I am all for self-determination when it comes to choosing sides where an invader is involved.

What about our own authoritarian regime.

I have Ukranian relatives who live here in the USA - two of occasionally spend time in Ukraine visiting their relatives there. I have never heard them complain about the "authoritarian regime" in Ukraine. Not sure how "authoritarian" Ukraine is, but I am willing to bet it is nowhere near what Russia is.

From what I understand, it was a lot worse before the people decided they did not want a Russian puppet as their leader and they did not want to be aligned with Russia, which is when Putin decided that Russia should impose its will on Ukraine.

So I am inclined to side with the Ukrainian people - many of whom seem to be voluntarily fighting against Russian conscripts invading their country. I am all for self-determination when it comes to choosing sides where an invader is involved.
Yes indeed, what about our authoritarian regime? Why are the folks I mentioned going along with them on this, too?

Even before the war, Zelensky was arresting political opposition, shutting down opposition TV networks, had opponents die under mysterious circumstances, etc... much like his neighbor to the east. Perhaps your relatives didn't experience this because they had/have the approved views. There's certainly no less corruption... by some estimates Zelensky's net worth is around $600,000,000... but who knows, maybe Ukrainian presidential salaries or television acting gigs pay far more generously than any reasonable person could imagine.

Yes indeed, what about our authoritarian regime? Why are the folks I mentioned going along with them on this, too?

Even before the war, Zelensky was arresting political opposition, shutting down opposition TV networks, had opponents die under mysterious circumstances, etc... much like his neighbor to the east. Perhaps your relatives didn't experience this because they had/have the approved views. There's certainly no less corruption... by some estimates Zelensky's net worth is around $600,000,000... but who knows, maybe Ukrainian presidential salaries or television acting gigs pay far more generously than any reasonable person could imagine.
Yea, no.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I just wish I could put down these pompoms and stop chugging the pabulum, but I am just not smart or edgy enough to do so.

Now, sure, the entire world other than a few authoritarian fellow travelers with Russia are condemning the invasion, and even half-commie Nordic countries are in a hurry to join NATO, but clearly I am a raging dipstick in hoping that Ukraine will prevail in the war it never wanted.

Last Edited:
Oh please. It's no different than Putin: on paper he owns very little in terms of wealth or property because there's always some crony that has official possession.
Then where the hell did you pull that number from?
I pulled that $20 million quote from Forbes.

Then where the hell did you pull that number from?
I pulled that $20 million quote from Forbes.
It's an estimate based, in part, on the Pandora Papers, which discussed some his offshore holdings, that of close associates (including those to whom he "gifted" certain holdings, who then ended up with adviser roles in his administration). The Forbes article makes no mention of any this, even though it's all a documented fact... pretty much instantly discredits that obvious puff piece. It's almost comical that anyone would even dispute that the guy is corrupt.... But I guess folks were the same way regarding Fauci, and Mueller before him.

It's an estimate based, in part, on the Pandora Papers, which discussed some his offshore holdings, that of close associates (including those to whom he "gifted" certain holdings, who then ended up with adviser roles in his administration). The Forbes article makes no mention of any this, even though it's all a documented fact... pretty much instantly discredits that obvious puff piece. It's almost comical that anyone would even dispute that the guy is corrupt.... But I guess folks were the same way regarding Fauci, and Mueller before him.
"The Pandora Papers are 11.9 million leaked documents".

Lol, I'll trust Forbes.

I just wish I could put down these pompoms and stop chugging the pabulum, but I am just not smart or edgy enough to do so.

Now, sure, the entire world other than a few authoritarian fellow travelers with Russia are condemning the invasion, and even half-commie Nordic countries are in a hurry to join NATO, but clearly I am a raging dipstick in hoping that Ukraine will prevail in the war it never wanted.
The "entire world" also thought vaccine mandates and lockdowns were a great idea. That a bunch of governments say something is one of the least compelling arguments anyone can make. This isn't just a random association, there's actually a relationship.

And... much like Covid, Putin is real, and he's also really destructive... and similarly, it seems the countermeasures risk the causing more harm than good, can be exploited by malicious actors, and are supported cultishly by the credulous.

AE209ABE-8B6D-46F8-8E59-B5EF2AC5DB3E.jpeg
D5081213-4C09-405D-81AD-DD6F0137C6C8.jpeg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR