JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

Aloha, Mark
That was a lot of Russian hardware on one train, I think the Ukes are going to need more Javelins.

"In contrast, Russian elections are rigged," he said. "Political opponents are imprisoned or otherwise eliminated from participating in the electoral process. The result is an absence of checks and balances in Russia and the decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq. I mean of Ukraine."
George W

Took a while to get there in the article, but it sounds like the sticking point on getting a "yes" vote from Turkey really depends on how many billions of US tax dollars it will take to bribe them.

Took a while to get there in the article, but it sounds like the sticking point on getting a "yes" vote from Turkey really depends on how many billions of US tax dollars it will take to bribe them.
Yup - pretty much sure that is what Turkey really wants - $2B in US fighters if I understand correctly.

If I remember correctly, the US fighter jet deal with Turkey was quashed because the US didn't want Turkey using Russian fighters and US fighters in the same fleet? Something about interoperability/security/etc.?

Whatever.

I am thinking getting Sweden/Finland into NATO is a good thing. Even the Swiss are talking about training/joint ops with NATO - but not joining.

Back door dealings, Turkey wants to be a player in the big game, so they rattle sabers to try and force things they want! Same back door dealings finds them getting their balls squeezed if they really want U.S. Military aid and equipement! Don't forget, Turkey is only a "Ally of convenience" and as likely to serve its own needs before NATO obligations! This isn't the first time Turkey has stuck its toe in things, but with Brandon, they feel brave enough to threaten! Big mistake, but it was inevitable!

I am wondering if Russia sent in the back string troops and equipment first to tire out the Ukrainians and figure out their tactics? Can Russian troops really be that bad?
I am given to understand this was the strategy they used in WWII, so it would not surprise me, but this isn't WWII and the Russians are not near as prepared for Ukraine as they were for WWII, nor are they are motivated, plus as they themselves have said, it is pretty much Russia against the rest of the world this time around, not the world against Germany & Japan, and we know who lost that war.

I am given to understand this was the strategy they used in WWII, so it would not surprise me, but this isn't WWII and the Russians are not near as prepared for Ukraine as they were for WWII, nor are they are motivated, plus as they themselves have said, it is pretty much Russia against the rest of the world this time around, not the world against Germany & Japan, and we know who lost that war.
Russia dosnt have "Front line" troops, that all ended when Russia went broke after the end of the cold war! With all the cuts and corruption within the military, they could hardly feed or even pay anyone, could not keep up with their front line weapons systems and couldn't pay for new stuff when it was needed! Look at their Air Force, they developed the new SU-57 Felon, but only own around 8 that are flyable, they simply cannot afford to purchase more! Same with their Navy, only Two cruisers, and a couple Destroyers that are more then 40 years old! Their training budget has been in the tank for more then 20 years, and their experience in sustained action shows all the failings now in Ukraine!

The idea of Putin holding back his good stuff is false he simply didn't have any to hold back!
I suspect his nukes are in pretty bad shape as well, with something that already exists, there is little money or drive to maintain things, and with the threat diminished, the chances of needing to use them has dropped way off! Not that they don't pose a threat, but it's not what it once was!

Remember when Russia got caught showing off all those fake rockets and missiles in their may day parade? Yea, that's still a big deal, gotta keep the people inspired by their might, even though everyone knows it's mostly fake!

Yup - pretty much sure that is what Turkey really wants - $2B in US fighters if I understand correctly.

If I remember correctly, the US fighter jet deal with Turkey was quashed because the US didn't want Turkey using Russian fighters and US fighters in the same fleet? Something about interoperability/security/etc.?

Whatever.

I am thinking getting Sweden/Finland into NATO is a good thing. Even the Swiss are talking about training/joint ops with NATO - but not joining.
IIRC.....it was that......
Turkey wanted to buy the F-35.

But then.......they bought a Russian radar system. Yup.....it was also cheaper.

Not to mention that....
Yeah....they probably would have used the radar to test the F35 against it. And of course.....maybe, there would be a possible data leak to the Russians.

So.....the deal for the F35s fell apart.

BUT, But, but......data leaks happen all the time. Yeah.....it's really hard to keep a secret (and more so, now-a-days) in Amerika.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
IIRC.....it was that......
Turkey wanted to buy the F-35.

But then.......they bought a Russian radar system. Yup.....it was also cheaper.

Not to mention that....
Yeah....they probably would have used the radar to test the F35 against it. And of course.....maybe, there would be a possible data leak to the Russians.

So.....the deal for the F35s fell apart.

BUT, But, but......data leaks happen all the time. Yeah.....it's really hard to keep a secret (and more so, now-a-days) in Amerika.

Aloha, Mark
That's what I recall also, Turkey bought the newest version Russian air defense system, S-400.

Russia dosnt have "Front line" troops, that all ended when Russia went broke after the end of the cold war! With all the cuts and corruption within the military, they could hardly feed or even pay anyone, could not keep up with their front line weapons systems and couldn't pay for new stuff when it was needed! Look at their Air Force, they developed the new SU-57 Felon, but only own around 8 that are flyable, they simply cannot afford to purchase more! Same with their Navy, only Two cruisers, and a couple Destroyers that are more then 40 years old! Their training budget has been in the tank for more then 20 years, and their experience in sustained action shows all the failings now in Ukraine!

The idea of Putin holding back his good stuff is false he simply didn't have any to hold back!
I suspect his nukes are in pretty bad shape as well, with something that already exists, there is little money or drive to maintain things, and with the threat diminished, the chances of needing to use them has dropped way off! Not that they don't pose a threat, but it's not what it once was!

Remember when Russia got caught showing off all those fake rockets and missiles in their may day parade? Yea, that's still a big deal, gotta keep the people inspired by their might, even though everyone knows it's mostly fake!
I think they had two (2) stealth planes.. the Ukrainians shot one down so now it's a grand total of one (1).

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads