JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It was bound to happen.
and

Aloha, Mark

Speaking of rifles from the WW2 era. Well, yes....even the Ukrainians have them. But, don't underestimate the weapons just because of the age of the weapons.

Maybe it was posted already? Whatever.

Aloha, Mark

Yup. I have an Ishapore Enfield in 7.62x51 converted to a Scout carbine. It has a ten round mag and accepts stripper clips. It is a backup to my semi-autos, and as such it is not something to be dismissed lightly. I might even choose it before my newly acquired Ruger Gunsite Scout; it has a faster action than the Ruger.
Speaking of rifles from the WW2 era. Well, yes....even the Ukrainians have them. But, don't underestimate the weapons just because of the age of the weapons.

I might even choose it before my newly acquired Ruger Gunsite Scout; it has a faster action than the Ruger.
If you don't mind me asking, what's the action like on your rifle? I had one in .450 Bushmaster* a couple years ago, but the bolt-action on it was absolutely wretched. As in what I imagine the gear shift on a Cold War-era Bulgarian car would be like. It was dumped with impunity. :eek:

Anyway, just curious if the new one I bought was just a fluke. :)

* Looked like this:
1.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what's the action like on your rifle? I had one in .450 Bushmaster* a couple years ago, but the bolt-action on it was absolutely wretched. As in what I imagine the gear shift on a Cold War-era Bulgarian car would be like. It was dumped with impunity. :eek:

Anyway, just curious if the new one I bought was just a fluke. :)

* Looked like this:
View attachment 1203658
It feels fine to me - but then maybe I am not that discerning?

It feels fine to me - but then maybe I am not that discerning?
Thanks for letting me know. No, this was to the point I think there was something wrong with the finished product. I can't believe they're all like that, but once bitten, twice shy. Was just curious, because they are graceful rifles. :)

Thanks for letting me know. No, this was to the point I think there was something wrong with the finished product. I can't believe they're all like that, but once bitten, twice shy. Was just curious, because they are graceful rifles. :)
I have three of the Hawkeye Guides which are essentially the same rig, and all mine ran flawless right out of the box!

I cannot believe yours would be that rough, and worse, that it made it out the door like that, very sad, but not unheard of!

Had one of the first RPR's to hit the scene, had really high hopes, shattered by it's gritty action which took several days to get running right! It was the ONLY RPR they had and were likely to get for a long time, so I was kinda stuck, ether buy it and know I was going to be fixing it, or pass and potentially Not ever see another one!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top