JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can be sure if you have any banned firearms in your collection when the Red Flag Crew comes to pick them up, you won't be getting the banned firearms back. If any of the banned firearms are subject to a felony violation, you won't be getting any of your firearms back. Mass confiscation isn't necessary, what good will banned firearms or accessories be if you are afraid to let them see the light of day. I am not questioning your support of the 2A but if we shrug off legislative efforts to infringe on our rights because we don't think they will come to our door, or because a particular law won't impact our collection, we are in trouble. They are trying to divide us and we should resist that effort together.

I agree. The plan is to divide and conquer.

I don't support any legislative effort that moves to reduce individual liberties.

Buy what you want now. Don't worry about future restrictions. When we come to that crossroads (as we all will) we will work through it together.

Safe Shooting

I, and am sure many others, have plenty of semi-auto handguns/rifles meant for self-defense in case of SHTF.

I am also sure most of us have been paying attention to gun bans of various sorts, especially those that want to ban or severely restrict access to/possession of semi-auto firearms.

I like to have backup plans. Whatever happens to my semi-auto firearms, whether they get registered or confiscated or buried or whatever, I have a substantial investment in the ammo for those firearms - less so in ammo for my revolvers/lever actions (e.g., .357 mag, .30-30). While those other hunting/etc. firearms can substitute for the self-defense firearms, they are not optimum for that purpose and their ammo may not be either.

I think it is probably a good idea to have a backup plan. E.G., acquiring firearms chambered in 9mm, .308, 5.56, etc., in firearms less likely to be subject to restrictions.
I'm a revolver person. But if I was a semi auto person heavily invested in semi auto ammo such as 9mm, I would get 9 mm revolver too. Even if your state never bans all semi autos, you might sometimes need to travel to a state or country that had banned them.

A ban should not secure the people's cooperation and compliance when it violates our nation's Constitution.

If no one respected the BAN except those who are faithful members of the Confiscation Party then it might take ages for someone to come knocking at your door with a writ in hand.

Last Edited:
Reality check. For most of us, failing to give up a banned gun might be possible. But a ban against a gun would destroy most of the gun's usefulness, even if someone's coming knocking on the door was unlikely. We wouldn't dare take a banned gun to a range or any other public place to shoot it. Most of us would not want to use a banned gun for CC given any other reasonable option. Even its use in home defense would be problematic. About all we could do with it would be to hide it in very secret storage in the event of a SHTF event so large that there basically wasn't any law or attempt to enforce laws any more.

When my family lived in NY for a year, our ownership of the family handguns was illegal. We didn't get rid of the guns. But they were retired-- unloaded, unused, and hidden until we left the state. A Winchester model 94 lever action .30-.30 became the home defense gun during that period.

No_Regerts, Kruel J, me, and several other NWFA members were all on the boat along with various significant others. Fortunately we were all wearing life jackets. But most of us got our heads bumped, so if our stories don't quite match that's why. We lost all the guns, all the rods and reels and fishing tackle, and the keg of beer. It was really tragic. The only good thing about it is that we had drunk most of the beer first.

Oops. Right. I must have misremembered about drinking the beer. The keg was never recovered. Maybe it never existed.

Last Edited:
My post ban 9mm...
71CD16C5-03EE-4B52-AD85-54C15C757268.jpeg

CZ 455 Lux rifle here.

CZ 455 Lux - Discontinued 2018 - CZ-USA

The anti gunners WILL go after all RF, CF and shotgun ammunition AND all types of reloading supplies.

They will go after black powder supplies... eventually too.

Plan ahead if you have not already done this.

Side note for Newbies and for people who are not 'into knives'.

It would be a smart thing to get some good, quality made knives and axes too. Learn how to use them properly, think of self defense issues and take good care of them.

I say this because I do think that they will go after knives some more because getting rid of self defense and survival tools is their GOAL. If you look at the national and state news, listen to town halls, and read a LOT... there is one thing that most of the CONTROL FREAKS have in common - people control. Gun control, knife control, any type of control = people control.

These people or most of them are UNITED and stand together when it comes to gun control and MORE OF IT. It is not only in one party even if one party talks about it more at this point of time.

If they could disarm the entire population or pretty close to it... the anti gunners would do this! It does not matter if you have a bolt action or lever action rifle or any other type of rifle, shotgun or handgun. They do NOT give a rat's @@@ because it is still a GUN to them. They only want guns for their TAXPAYER PAID and private security guards while they live in protected, safe and walled estates and buildings.

Yours in liberty,

Old Lady Cate

There are kits online (made for CA) that convert ARs to bolt action, thereby rendering them NOT semiautomatic anymore, i.e.: "non registrable, non assault weapons" should that become relevant.
Then the only illegal items would be the nice small parts one replaced to convert the rifle...and we could still shoot up our existing ammo caches, just a little slower.
Just saying that may be one of many options when/if we get to that grim day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top