JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think this has been tried and the IRS simply turns a deaf ear to the complainants. In fact I think a couple of members here filed complaints about it.
I knew it had been brought up before but never heard anything being done/tried.

Well if a church gets vandalized/ fire bombed for being pro-life and (crickets), then maybe............just spitballin..

Last Edited:
Does anyone know how to find out about his or his churches tax exempt status? Maybe some of those new 80,000 IRS agents should do an audit on this tool and his church.

What Are The Rules And Restrictions To Become Tax Exempt?
There are a few rules and restrictions you must follow in order to become a tax-exempt non-profit organization.

First, your organization must be organized for one or more of the following exempt purposes: charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition or preventing cruelty to children or animals.

Second, your organization must not be organized for profit. This means that your organization cannot be operated for the benefit of private interests. All money earned by your organization must be used for the furtherance of your exempt purpose.

Furthermore, your organization must also not be organized for profit and you must not engage in any political activities. If you do engage in political activities, you will lose your tax-exempt status.

Additionally, your non-profit must meet certain public support tests in order to maintain its tax-exempt status. These tests vary depending on the type of non-profit you have organized.

also listed elsewhere:
  • No substantial part of its activity may be attempting to influence legislation
  • The organization may not intervene in political campaigns
Hmmmmmm maybe those games were a write off maybe Jeraldo needs to do some investigating ! I say if he wants attention he should get it and maybe he will be exposed .

Does anyone know how to find out about his or his churches tax exempt status? Maybe some of those new 80,000 IRS agents should do an audit on this tool and his church.

What Are The Rules And Restrictions To Become Tax Exempt?
There are a few rules and restrictions you must follow in order to become a tax-exempt non-profit organization.

First, your organization must be organized for one or more of the following exempt purposes: charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition or preventing cruelty to children or animals.

Second, your organization must not be organized for profit. This means that your organization cannot be operated for the benefit of private interests. All money earned by your organization must be used for the furtherance of your exempt purpose.

Furthermore, your organization must also not be organized for profit and you must not engage in any political activities. If you do engage in political activities, you will lose your tax-exempt status.

Additionally, your non-profit must meet certain public support tests in order to maintain its tax-exempt status. These tests vary depending on the type of non-profit you have organized.

also listed elsewhere:
  • No substantial part of its activity may be attempting to influence legislation
  • The organization may not intervene in political campaigns

If any of the non-profits behind this are indeed in a 501 status then they have violated that status and SHOULD have that status revoked. That being said, "they" can get by with it but "we" can't. That's pretty obvious not just in this issue but so many others,

If any of the non-profits behind this are indeed in a 501 status then they have violated that status and SHOULD have that status revoked. That being said, "they" can get by with it but "we" can't. That's pretty obvious not just in this issue but so many others,
Depends on how "substantial part of it's activities" is interpreted.
From an IRS publication concerning lobbying.

In general, no organization may qualify for section 501(c)(3) status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (commonly known as lobbying). A 501(c)(3) organization may engage in some lobbying, but too much lobbying activity risks loss of tax-exempt status.

Legislation includes action by Congress, any state legislature, any local council, or similar governing body, with respect to acts, bills, resolutions, or similar items (such as legislative confirmation of appointive office), or by the public in referendum, ballot initiative, constitutional amendment, or similar procedure. It does not include actions by executive, judicial, or administrative bodies.

An organization will be regarded as attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the adoption or rejection of legislation.

Organizations may, however, involve themselves in issues of public policy without the activity being considered as lobbying. For example, organizations may conduct educational meetings, prepare and distribute educational materials, or otherwise consider public policy issues in an educational manner without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status.

I've heard that an organization need only engage in 40% of it's stated activities to maintain non-profit status. It's the same way that gun clubs, that are teaching facilities, and doing business as non-profits, can participate in fighting 114.

He's a lying POS and when when his turd proves to do nothing to prevent crime he'll work up another turd.
From here.

ip18 2023.jpg

The Ds control the oregon legislature and executive. With the passage of 113 it'll be harder or impossible to deny a quorum. Any AWB won't be a tax measure, so I don't think a super majority would be needed. Wouldn't be surprised to see this make it out of committee and be 'debated'.

Not at all if you've been observant the past 20 or so years and seeing/hearing the Evangelicals pushing the Right Wing agenda and using their pulpits to tell the parishioners who to vote for. Seems most on here are OK with the religion pushing theocratic authoritarianism.
Yeah... But you're not supposed to point that out though. This is a bash about Knutson and his wayward ways..! Ha

He's a lying POS and when when his turd proves to do nothing to prevent crime he'll work up another turd.
LEVO is already planning an Assault Weapons Ban next year. It will probably pass too.

And these people aren't stupid or naïve. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. They are trying to make the process of buying a gun so arduous and head-palming that people just give up and stop buying them. We need to modify our approach to dealing with these clowns....the lecturing about the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution doesn't resonate with them.....they don't care. They don't care that the measures they put forth are garbage and useless. They know it's not about safety....they are concerned only with control.

I'm not going to give up on buying guns or owning them. Not now, not ever.

LEVO is already planning an Assault Weapons Ban next year. It will probably pass too.

And these people aren't stupid or naïve. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. They are trying to make the process of buying a gun so arduous and head-palming that people just give up and stop buying them. We need to modify our approach to dealing with these clowns....the lecturing about the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution doesn't resonate with them.....they don't care. They don't care that the measures they put forth are garbage and useless. They know it's not about safety....they are concerned only with control.

I'm not going to give up on buying guns or owning them. Not now, not ever.
I'm willing to donate to Firearms Policy Collation or Oregon Firearms Federation. I don't care if it's $20 or $500 the time to launch a counter attack is now. The only way we can defeat them is bog them down in lawsuits and injunctions. It's the same tactics the CA appeals court uses, so why not use it in reverse against them?

Depends on how "substantial part of it's activities" is interpreted.
From an IRS publication concerning lobbying.

In general, no organization may qualify for section 501(c)(3) status if a substantial part of its activities is attempting to influence legislation (commonly known as lobbying). A 501(c)(3) organization may engage in some lobbying, but too much lobbying activity risks loss of tax-exempt status.

Legislation includes action by Congress, any state legislature, any local council, or similar governing body, with respect to acts, bills, resolutions, or similar items (such as legislative confirmation of appointive office), or by the public in referendum, ballot initiative, constitutional amendment, or similar procedure. It does not include actions by executive, judicial, or administrative bodies.

An organization will be regarded as attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the adoption or rejection of legislation.

Organizations may, however, involve themselves in issues of public policy without the activity being considered as lobbying. For example, organizations may conduct educational meetings, prepare and distribute educational materials, or otherwise consider public policy issues in an educational manner without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status.

I've heard that an organization need only engage in 40% of it's stated activities to maintain non-profit status. It's the same way that gun clubs, that are teaching facilities, and doing business as non-profits, can participate in fighting 114.
This is why LEVO is OK with pushing measures like M114

Organizations may, however, involve themselves in issues of public policy without the activity being considered as lobbying

This is why LEVO is OK with pushing measures like M114

Organizations may, however, involve themselves in issues of public policy without the activity being considered as lobbying
I wonder! Seeing how they "Collected" millions in donations from well known anti 2nd donors, THAT should toss that standard right out the door!

I'm willing to donate to Firearms Policy Collation or Oregon Firearms Federation. I don't care if it's $20 or $500 the time to launch a counter attack is now. The only way we can defeat them is bog them down in lawsuits and injunctions. It's the same tactics the CA appeals court uses, so why not use it in reverse against them?
Please do so today. Here's the link to the latest OFF alert with the information for donating directly to the legal fight against 114.

Who exactly are these veterans, retired police and hunters hes citing again?

The open invitation to Sheriffs is particularly comical.

The ironic thing is.. He keeps repeating the buzzword of "equitable". He knew what he was involved with. 🙄

What a bunch of babbling…. it comes off more like he's trying to convince himself, let alone anyone else.

:rolleyes:

Who exactly are these veterans, retired police and hunters hes citing again?

The open invitation to Sheriffs is particularly comical.

The ironic thing is.. He keeps repeating the buzzword of "equitable". He knew what he was involved with. 🙄

He's right though, the law is completely "equitable". LGBQTZ, IPOC, LE, Veterans, Hunters, Conservatives, Liberals, NWFA Members, Criminals, etc... nobody will be able to LEGALLY purchase a firearm under this law. Seems pretty equitable to me.

I wonder if it's all an act. A few people spotted him at a Ducks game, dressed in a ducks jersey. Then when it comes to interviews he's always wearing his pastor robe to make it seem like he's a concerned leader of faith. He's a good actor. I'll give him that.

It's actually unusual for a pastor to be so highly vocal and involved in politics like he is. He's a tool.

Not really, The Bhagwan Rajneessh identified himself as a guru, a preacher, a shamin, a high priest....anything that would stick to the wall when you threw it

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews