JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cool! Thank GDragich.

How long can the King County prosecutors keep filing a motion to dismiss?

Web Administrators: Please make this thread a sticky!

Cool! Thank GDragich.

How long can the King County prosecutors keep filing a motion to dismiss?

Web Administrators: Please make this thread a sticky!
Sadly people like this have what they consider unlimited amounts of money for things they care about. Crime is out of control in King and they have no money for that but, something like this? They will throw cash at it for as long as the voters let them. 🤬

After skimming the legal filings, I think I can summarize the current status as going something like
--------------
Plaintiffs: We are ready to have a trial right now.

Defendants: We needs to slow things down. We don't know what the historical meaning of the 2nd Amendment is because we don't know what firearms are unless we hire lots of experts and perform discovery and bring in the plaintiffs for depositions. We will eventually figure out how to win the case if you give us enough time. But, it would even be better if we can run up the bills for the plaintiffs and drag it out long enough that the plaintiffs just give up and die first.

The email addresses of the lawyers for the state who need help in understanding what firearms are and what the 2nd Amendment means, are given in public documents. They are seeking to hire experts.

--------------
[email protected] ("I heard of that 2nd Amendment thingy once...")
[email protected] ("Are high capacity magazines like those high capacity batteries in cars...")
[email protected] ("I remember those good old days in elementary school when I shot teachers with single-shot rubber bands. I'm glad I never got caught with a HIGH CAPACITY rubber band...")

This is likely because both Miller v Bonta is much further along in the process and will be decided faster AND the courts want to drag this out as long as they can.

Wa gun law guy predicting that wa mag ban may go away before the end of 2022 due to Duncan V Bonta. Pretty long video. Good and short discussion of Heller vs District of Columbia mag ban progress at the 10:22 mark. Everything up to 10:22 pretty much is about Bonta.

The rest of the country needs to keep razor sharp awareness of what's happening in Washington as well as in other battleground states. I hope we have record turnout this mid term and start to reverse the blue tide. Problem is, as 44Brent pointed out, our money is privately sourced while the defense has unlimited taxpayer money available.

The rest of the country needs to keep razor sharp awareness of what's happening in Washington as well as in other battleground states. I hope we have record turnout this mid term and start to reverse the blue tide. Problem is, as 44Brent pointed out, our money is privately sourced while the defense has unlimited taxpayer money available.
Privately sourced from cheapazz ostriches who'd rather bury their heads in the sand and sit and gripe at their keyboards than actually DO SOMETHING like give testimony in Legislative hearings, whip out the checkbook and make even a token donation to fund Lawfare or even merely VOTE.

Privately sourced from cheapazz ostriches who'd rather bury their heads in the sand and sit and gripe at their keyboards than actually DO SOMETHING like give testimony in Legislative hearings, whip out the checkbook and make even a token donation to fund Lawfare or even merely VOTE.
Sadly my friend if we could just get ALL the gun owners to vote well, we could turn this around. Just that would make a HUGE difference. Not over night but, even one election and we would see change. It still burns my A$$ that after Sporting Goods spent all that time and money to give us another shot at 1639 that we could not even get gun owners to sign the damn petition. 🤬

Wa gun law guy predicting that wa mag ban may go away before the end of 2022 due to Duncan V Bonta. Pretty long video. Good and short discussion of Heller vs District of Columbia mag ban progress at the 10:22 mark. Everything up to 10:22 pretty much is about Bonta.

This is what I understand from following the Duncan v Bonta thread at CalGuns. For those who want to get close to the key source on updates, that's located here:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1335810

The thread has been running since 5/2017 so go to the later pages to see current activity, thoughts.

When Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates and his wife Melinda donated $1 million to the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility in 2014, pundit Mike Weisser commented that gun control supporters had "landed a game-changing ally." MSNBC noted that the donation was an unusual move for a couple that isn't typically vocal about political issues. With the donation, Bill and Melinda Gates released a statement supporting a policy that would require criminal background checks on firearms sales.

Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, who is valued at $23.2 billion, was a major proponent of Initiative 594 in Washington state, the same provision on background checks that Bill Gates and Paul Allen supported. Together Ballmer and his wife Connie donated $580,000 to the campaign.

At January's World Economic Forum, billionaire investor George Soros was asked by International Business Times whether he believes investors who support gun control should divest from firearms companies. Soros responded: "I'm very much against guns. And if it can be organized on a large enough scale, I wouldn't be opposed to it." He also donated $50,000 to the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence in the wake of the Newtown shooting.

It's easy to figure out how and where the problem lies. It's also easy to understand that they have bought our Governor and ATG. This isn't rocket science. It's simple.

Riddle me this," how does an individual go in front of Congress for having a Monopoly? But yet serves no time and then buys stock in a company that destroys crops and the ecosystem… then buys land and creates synthetic food after a foreign war and plandemic! Yet cannot be held accountable by the same government?"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top