JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Reuters says I have reached my free article limit, so here is what looks to be the same story not behind a paywall

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any pro 2a decision that comes out of this court is only incidental to whatever the court is actually interested in and not because they have any strong 2a leanings
This report could be reading the mood of the court wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it

Justices seem inclined to side with Biden admin. on Second Amendment case involving domestic violence

Analysis from CNN's Ariane de Vogue

After roughly 100 minutes of oral arguments, the Supreme Court seemed poised Tuesday to rule in favor of a federal law that bars individuals subject to certain domestic violence restraining orders from possessing firearms, as it was used against a Texas man.
The case marked the first substantive Second Amendment case to come before the justices since they issued a landmark opinion last year expanding gun rights nationwide.
For more than an hour of arguments, the justices referred to that case with a majority of the court indicating that the law at issue falls comfortably within the nation's historical tradition of limiting Second Amendment rights when it comes to individuals who pose a danger to society.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any pro 2a decision that comes out of this court is only incidental to whatever the court is actually interested in and not because they have any strong 2a leanings
This report could be reading the mood of the court wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it

….
If so, it would NOT be in any shape or form as currently practiced.

The court was very hostile to the idea civil cases could strip 2A rights (as is done now). Very likely this is a face-saving spin for the Biden junta, as any decision is far enough out to memory-hole this.

Remember, our current laws do not restrict 2A rights on whether someone is a danger. They do so on random sentencing guidelines for non-violent crimes, or even one-sided statements in non-criminal cases. The bar as-is will not stand.

The reason there are so many mass shooting's is because the Economy, the Country, the Fabric of this very nation and everything you cherish is going down the TOILET at a rapid rate. And psychos or people who are not playing with a full deck , or complete lunch or don't know if they are a man or woman are falling off the fence and want to take as many innocent people with them for they are Cowards that can't find the courage or strength to be a responsible Productive Citizen , There I said it

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR