JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem is that voters respond to the emotional argument (it's for the children) far more than they will respond to the rational one. How do we give the rational argument an emotional appeal?

I don't see Knutson as a fool. Never underestimate people as it's the surest way to lose to them. I see him as a grifter and a Judas Goat. This is about him and nobody else.

I've known PhD's who can't even make their own toast. I've known Reverends who can't even name the first three books of the Bible. I once worked with a lady who became an "ordained minister" for the church of the ingrown toenail (or some other goofy online "church") by simply paying a fee and completing a form, so that she could officiate her two best friend's weddings. In the end, it doesn't matter what letters you place before or after your name, if you are a fool, you're still a fool. If you are a scam artist, you're still a scam artist. Stacking letters on your name to brag about your credibility just makes the foolishness and lies more apparent when truth comes out. Romans 1:22 seems oddly appropriate.

Huh. So when do you think we migjt start attacking the argument rather than the person?
The real question is how do we frame our argument so that those not committed to either side get our message? Centrists will ultimately decide if these Initiatives pass or fail. Preaching to the choir or counting coo on the opposition does nothing, How do we convince John and Jane Suburban that movie shootem up are not how these guns are used in real life and that disarming potential victims makes everybody less safe?

The real question is how do we frame our argument so that those not committed to either side get our message? Centrists will ultimately decide if these Initiatives pass or fail. Preaching to the choir or counting coo on the opposition does nothing, How do we convince John and Jane Suburban that movie shootem up are not how these guns are used in real life and that disarming potential victims makes everybody less safe?
Right.

That is exactly right, except we need to make sure our side turns out to vote if it makes it on the ballot. We need to raise awareness and educate our side. We want to make sure gun owners who might not otherwise vote will participate in this election.

The fence sitters are going to decide whether this lives or dies but lazy and or uninformed voters could make a difference, especially if the election is tight.

There are a lot of negative impacts these IPs will have that may not be obvious at a glance.

The way I see it John and Jane Suburbanite have a few extended family members that hunt or have some sort of gun themselves. They likely have gotten their biggest impression about semi auto firearms from TV shows and movies that glorify violence and this makes them lean towards bans and restrictions.

Their lives are pretty busy and they are under a lot of stress like all of us and outside their own avocations don't have a lot of time to read up on things. It's likely they will be going with their own feelings based on their internal compass. They have little idea how these vaguely written Initiatives will affect them and little time to spare or desire to read through them.

In addition, they likely had 2.3 kids. What do parents to when their kids fight over toys or anything else? They take the item away is what happens every single time until the kids behave themselves. It's instinct and it applies here. They will see two groups fighting over something and with no further understanding will lean heavily towards taking that thing they are fighting over, in this case the scary looking guns they see on TV, away. No more fighting. All they want is peace.

All things being equal, at this point it's Knutson and his puppet masters to lose. They will coast to the finish line unless we act.

We have to get the message to the Suburbanites in terms that they will accept and understand. A metric ton of detail will make their eyes glaze over and have zero impact. We have to find a better way than we have done in the past.

The emotion based argument works. It has always won in the past. How do we convince them that their children will be less safe if these initiatives pass? How do we convince John that his wife will be less safe? Remember, we really have just a few moments of their attention or we get tuned out and that we compete against a media that will do all they can to support the stripping of our rights that watch nightly.

The emotional argument likely will not work in reverse.

Try explaining rationally how you would be unable to defend your home from any realistic threat with a 12 gauge pump (per Brandon's comment).

A huge part of the problem, as I see it, is because MSM would rather print/advocate for garbage like this rather then be neutral and print the other side of the issue. How many stories have you read lately where your local media has posted anything showing the use of a weapon prevented an illegal act by a criminal?
And don't forget...the riots were peaceful. The thefts were peaceful etc. etc.

Then add the type of garbage like is in 1705 in Washington, the new section, section 1. The bill states a lot of info that purports to be factual.
The legislature further finds the proliferation of ghost guns,
11 ghost gun kits, and untraceable unfinished frames and receivers
12 threatens public safety. Nationwide, the bureau of alcohol, tobacco,
13 firearms, and explosives reported that about 10,000 ghost guns were
14 recovered in 2019. Between 2016 and 2020, more than 23,000
15 unserialized firearms were recovered by law enforcement from
16 potential crime scenes, including 325 homicide or attempted homicide
17 crime scenes. Nationally, untraceable ghost guns have been used to
18 perpetrate mass shootings, attack law enforcement officers, and
19 commit robbery and assault.

I say prove your bs in bills like these or stfu! Get the other side to validate with FACTS vs rhetoric!

Dan

Last Edited:
o-dawg-i-heard-they-passed-a-law-where-do-30963607.png

Then add the type of garbage like is in 1705 in Washington, the new section, section 1. The bill states a lot of info that purports to be factual.
The legislature further finds the proliferation of ghost guns,
11 ghost gun kits, and untraceable unfinished frames and receivers
12 threatens public safety. Nationwide, the bureau of alcohol, tobacco,
13 firearms, and explosives reported that about 10,000 ghost guns were
14 recovered in 2019. Between 2016 and 2020, more than 23,000
15 unserialized firearms were recovered by law enforcement from
16 potential crime scenes, including 325 homicide or attempted homicide
17 crime scenes. Nationally, untraceable ghost guns have been used to
18 perpetrate mass shootings, attack law enforcement officers, and
19 commit robbery and assault.

I say prove your bs in bills like these or stfu! Get the other side to validate with FACTS vs rhetoric!

Dan
As the bill reads, those numbers come from ATF. ATF publishes statistics on its website. You can download Excel files with the data.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top