JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My point was that mirroring their tactics as an "up yours," in a mocking but practically useless way, is the second grade aspect.
Therein lies the issue. We can discuss logic, facts, and truth all day while the other side wants to argue with emotional second grade tantrums. Logic, facts and truth won't change the minds of those who refuse to acknowledge that logic, facts, or truth even exist. In the end it is like trying to have a discussion with a bowl of Jello. There is no common ground. I'm not saying we should stoop to second-grade emotional outbursts and tactics. We can hold ourselves to a more noble standard. Although, we need to understand that congeniality isn't a magic wand that will protect our rights or win converts by bringing the willfully and emotionally unhinged to a place of reason. In their eyes gunowners - and by extension anyone who supports patriotism, the constitution/second amendment, or the rule of law - are marginalized and demonized as supremist, racist, or other -ist and therefore beneath contempt, deserving neither respect nor a place at the table of discussion. If they don't think we are worthy of a place at the table, yet we let them get away with setting the table anyway, then we as cordially and politely as a lambs request a seat at the table of wolves, how do we think this will all turn out?

Turns out cops prefer writing tickets & it's a whole lot safer
That rankles me, because every LEO I have known spoke of unknown traffic stops being the scariest "what if" moments of their day.
If you look at FBI statistics for police murdered in the line of duty in 2019, 25% are traffic stops/vehicular chases/serving citations.
If you look at the statistics in the chart below (source), more than half who died as a result of work related issues died in their vehicle or were shot.

LEO_duty_deaths.PNG

That rankles me, because every LEO I have known spoke of unknown traffic stops being the scariest "what if" moments of their day.
If you look at FBI statistics for police murdered in the line of duty in 2019, 25% are traffic stops/vehicular chases/serving citations.
If you look at the statistics in the chart below (source), more than half who died as a result of work related issues died in their vehicle or were shot.

Don't bother getting rankled, it was just some BS comment anyway

Believe it or not I actually have more respect for cops now that I've seen how democrats treat them

View attachment 1107300
Actually now I'm sorry I wrote that because without cops it would be open season on citizens. Crime is getting worse all the time & cops are the only people doing anything about that

Therein lies the issue. We can discuss logic, facts, and truth all day while the other side wants to argue with emotional second grade tantrums. Logic, facts and truth won't change the minds of those who refuse to acknowledge that logic, facts, or truth even exist. In the end it is like trying to have a discussion with a bowl of Jello. There is no common ground. I'm not saying we should stoop to second-grade emotional outbursts and tactics. We can hold ourselves to a more noble standard. Although, we need to understand that congeniality isn't a magic wand that will protect our rights or win converts by bringing the willfully and emotionally unhinged to a place of reason. In their eyes gunowners - and by extension anyone who supports patriotism, the constitution/second amendment, or the rule of law - are marginalized and demonized as supremist, racist, or other -ist and therefore beneath contempt, deserving neither respect nor a place at the table of discussion. If they don't think we are worthy of a place at the table, yet we let them get away with setting the table anyway, then we as cordially and politely as a lambs request a seat at the table of wolves, how do we think this will all turn out?
I have had plenty of this type of interaction in my life and without sounding prideful, I do my best to zero in on facts and evidence and history and long term personal experience because, quite frankly, I don't want to be wrong about things. With all that being said, I find it mind boggling how it truly appears we have mass delusion running rampant from the other side of the 'table'….and I'm talking about the true definition of clinical delusion. The mystery surrounding that malady, since I am not a therapist, is how can one convince another who is stuck in a firmly held, fixed false belief which is aggressively maintained in spite of all facts and evidence to the contrary? I have no answer to that other than what experience has taught me….ignore them…ignore their mandates and if required, point, laugh and mock them.

^^^This is 100% correct. And therein lies the irony: our community has become the minority. We endure discrimination and unfair treatment from people who make illogical and emotional judgments. If one of us does something wrong, millions of us who have done nothing wrong are painted with the same brush.

The people pushing this "agenda" (and other tangentially related agendas) are not interested in equality and justice. They want the power and they want their turn. And when they get their turn they are gonna butt* everyone hard. You're not gonna be able to spit without first apologizing, filling out a form, and paying a tax.

^^^This is 100% correct. And therein lies the irony: our community has become the minority. We endure discrimination and unfair treatment from people who make illogical and emotional judgments. If one of us does something wrong, millions of us who have done nothing wrong are painted with the same brush.

The people pushing this "agenda" (and other tangentially related agendas) are not interested in equality and justice. They want the power and they want their turn. And when they get their turn they are gonna butt* everyone hard. You're not gonna be able to spit without first apologizing, filling out a form, and paying a tax.
Nailed it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads