JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yeah... let's keep those soft targets open. Criminals feeding off tourists is too lucrative. Sun and fun em, rob em and send em home. 🤣

Imagine a society where any other constitutional right in a public place has to go before a judge first....

I was being a little flippant earlier because the argument of the defendants seemed to be focused on the tourist trade.... but Hawaii is no different than anywhere else for those that live there. They also avoid the "tourist beaches" like the plague... unless their job requires it. Having lived in Maui for over a year... there are any number of small beaches frequented by the locals that are quite secluded... and some a little "sketchy" at times.

I would think the carry laws would apply more toward the locals than tourists, anyway. Especially since Hawaii doesn't honor any other states CHL's and most tourists aren't going to be packing their firearms on vacation, anyway.

The argument is the same. The resident citizens shouldn't be penalized and be made victims because there are bad elements that won't obey the laws, anyway.

I was being a little flippant earlier because the argument of the defendants seemed to be focused on the tourist trade.... but Hawaii is no different than anywhere else for those that live there. They also avoid the "tourist beaches" like the plague... unless their job requires it. Having lived in Maui for over a year... there are any number of small beaches frequented by the locals that are quite secluded... and some a little "sketchy" at times.

I would think the carry laws would apply more toward the locals than tourists, anyway. Especially since Hawaii doesn't honor any other states CHL's and most tourists aren't going to be packing their firearms on vacation, anyway.

The argument is the same. The resident citizens shouldn't be penalized and be made victims because there are bad elements that won't obey the laws, anyway.
The *.gov was making the argument that Hawaiians are angry, and a fistfight solves the problem and guns aren't necessary when arguing against concealed carry.

Well (being from Hawaii).....

My Advice (gun or no gun):
Don't go in the water. Unless you have someone (trusting) to watch your stuff.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....ever notice how a lot of B.S. is passed "IN THE NAME OF SAFETY" and.....?

1690598922895.png

1690598965134.png

Last Edited:
Isn't @bolus in Hawaii? Maybe he can weigh in from a local perspective.
I carried to the beach once in oregon. Just walking around, not swimming. I cleaned sand out of that gun for weeks. so, I too am against am against beach carry!

Unless it is an AK which can use sand as a lubricant. .

Plus that is Honolulu, 4 islands that way over there. That is like asking Idaho what they think about what politicians are doing in Multnomah county. The cop cars are just cars with a blue light on top. I got a speeding ticket once and the cop forgot to enter it into the system so the county said to not worry about it after it did not show up for 4 months.

so I dont bother myself with what the politicians in Honolulu are doing.

IMG_2974-1881569666.jpg

I carried to the beach once in oregon. Just walking around, not swimming. I cleaned sand out of that gun for weeks. so, I too am against am against beach carry!

Plus that is Honolulu, 4 islands that way over there. That is like asking Idaho what they think about what politicians are doing in Multnomah county. The cop cars are just cars with a blue light on top. I got a speeding ticket once and the cop forgot to enter it into the system so the county said to not worry about it after it did not show up for 4 months.

View attachment 1461479
The best is when someone leaves a car somewhere and puts a blue bucket on top :s0140:

Want to know the real danger to firearms in Hawaii it is this:

this isnt even a storm. Just ground level clouds all the time. Cosmoline would rust here.
That is my place in the winter. At 900' I seem to be either right below the clouds or just into them - when there are clouds in the winter. In the summer it is either clear skies or the clouds are much much higher - most of the time.

View attachment 1461479

I see that the HI polizei are allowed to double-dip as taxi drivers while on duty….. what a country!!

The argument is the same. The resident citizens shouldn't be penalized and be made victims because there are bad elements that won't obey the laws, anyway
Remember the nation wide movement to make CPLs available to us mere mortals started in FL (in the 70s IIRC) when the thugs were making victims out of tourists as it was bad for the tourist industry. While the Left predicted gun fights in the streets, the thugs got the message and found targets other than recently arriving tourists.

Remember the nation wide movement to make CPLs available to us mere mortals started in FL (in the 70s IIRC) when the thugs were making victims out of tourists as it was bad for the tourist industry. While the Left predicted gun fights in the streets, the thugs got the message and found targets other than recently arriving tourists.

Yeah, they ran for (and now hold) office….. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top