JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dear George,

Thank you for your email regarding SB 6620. I am a co-sponsor of the House version of this legislation. I do not believe that assault weapons should be available for sale -- to anyone, but that at a minimum should require an enhanced background check to purchase. The primary purpose of an assault weapon is to kill as many people as possible. Their purpose is not to hunt animals -- it is to slaughter people-- and that is what they are used for.

In fact, high capacity magazines are commonly used in mass shootings. According to a 2013 study, high-capacity magazines were used in 50% of the 62 mass shootings that occurred between 1982 and 2012. These weapons are extremely dangerous, and when they are used in mass shootings, the death rate rose 63% and the injury rate rose 156%. By requiring enhanced background checks for high capacity magazines, we have the opportunity to reduce gun deaths, and make Washington state a safer place.

I will defend a citizen's right to purchase a shotgun, pistol, or many other types of guns. But assault weapons have no place in a civilized society.

I appreciate hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Representative Ruth Kagi

Chair, Early Learning and Human Services

32nd Legislative District

[email protected]

Check out my website here. You can also sign up for legislative updates here.

I responded with the following. Yes I misspelled a word (typo) But I think she gets the point.

You are off base on this one. High Powered Rifles are used in competition all over the country. Including the AR-15.

They are used to hunt varmits and other animals that destroy crops on farms and kill livestock on ranchers property.

It is evident that you are uneducated on the bill that you are trying to get through. So, with that in mind please enforce DUI laws and take away the vehicles that kill for more people in the country each year. Quit trying to make criminals out of law abiding citizens. Please stop trying to make laws based on your personal bias. It is sad that a person that is mentally challenged can obtain any firearm, and take a life from someone. But I know personally that criminals know they face no repercussions from committing this type of crime. I spent 12 years in the criminal justice system in this state and know that the criminal has a free ticket here. You guys feel good in passing the "No Death Penalty" bill. I hope you feel equally as good looking at the victims and their families. Remember the criminal has nothing to fear in this state. They go to prison and are not compelled to work. They only have to eat and sleep. They have a vast social life inside, something they did not have on the outside. Compliments of the State of Washington and its taxpayers. I can see from your response that you do not represent me, but instead you are very self serving, and arrogant. Get in touch with reality when sponsoring bills in the state, and listen to "We the People" before passing judgement. Enforce the laws you have on the books, and make it unpleasant for the criminal in this state. By the way an "assault weapon is capable of fully automatic fire". I am also a Life Member of the NRA, and Gun Owners of America. I served in The US Air Force during Viet Nam. I also performed Presidential Support details at Andrews AFB. I support the 2nd Amendment and the US Constitution. I for one am proud of my past, and want to look forward to my remaining years with the same pride. I hope you never become a victim of a crime and have to suffer what others have to. Thanks for the rant, even though I know it goes to death ears.

George

We The People

".....yeah, let's ban those nasty old AR's. Except, that didn't change anything, so we'd better ban all semi auto rifles. Hmm, nothing changed, so let's ban all semi auto pistols. Wow, no improvement, maybe all pistols should be banned. Crap, that didn't fix it, guess we should look at pump shotguns, then...."

Stupid. Just beyond stupid......or very smart. I hope for the former, I fear the latter.

Dear George,

Thank you for your email regarding SB 6620. I am a co-sponsor of the House version of this legislation. I do not believe that assault weapons should be available for sale -- to anyone, but that at a minimum should require an enhanced background check to purchase. The primary purpose of an assault weapon is to kill as many people as possible. Their purpose is not to hunt animals -- it is to slaughter people-- and that is what they are used for.

In fact, high capacity magazines are commonly used in mass shootings. According to a 2013 study, high-capacity magazines were used in 50% of the 62 mass shootings that occurred between 1982 and 2012. These weapons are extremely dangerous, and when they are used in mass shootings, the death rate rose 63% and the injury rate rose 156%. By requiring enhanced background checks for high capacity magazines, we have the opportunity to reduce gun deaths, and make Washington state a safer place.

I will defend a citizen's right to purchase a shotgun, pistol, or many other types of guns. But assault weapons have no place in a civilized society.

I appreciate hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Representative Ruth Kagi

Chair, Early Learning and Human Services

32nd Legislative District

[email protected]

Check out my website here. You can also sign up for legislative updates here.
Depends on your definition of animal.

These people need to be baited into trying to repeal the 2nd. All this incrementalism is just death from a thousand cuts.

Also what is the fixation on hunting and the 2nd Amendment?

She needs to ease up on the spiked Kool-Aid she is drinking.
Screenshot_2018-02-07-14-41-00-1-1.png
:p:cool:

I responded with the following. Yes I misspelled a word (typo) But I think she gets the point.

You are off base on this one. High Powered Rifles are used in competition all over the country. Including the AR-15.

They are used to hunt varmits and other animals that destroy crops on farms and kill livestock on ranchers property.

It is evident that you are uneducated on the bill that you are trying to get through. So, with that in mind please enforce DUI laws and take away the vehicles that kill for more people in the country each year. Quit trying to make criminals out of law abiding citizens. Please stop trying to make laws based on your personal bias. It is sad that a person that is mentally challenged can obtain any firearm, and take a life from someone. But I know personally that criminals know they face no repercussions from committing this type of crime. I spent 12 years in the criminal justice system in this state and know that the criminal has a free ticket here. You guys feel good in passing the "No Death Penalty" bill. I hope you feel equally as good looking at the victims and their families. Remember the criminal has nothing to fear in this state. They go to prison and are not compelled to work. They only have to eat and sleep. They have a vast social life inside, something they did not have on the outside. Compliments of the State of Washington and its taxpayers. I can see from your response that you do not represent me, but instead you are very self serving, and arrogant. Get in touch with reality when sponsoring bills in the state, and listen to "We the People" before passing judgement. Enforce the laws you have on the books, and make it unpleasant for the criminal in this state. By the way an "assault weapon is capable of fully automatic fire". I am also a Life Member of the NRA, and Gun Owners of America. I served in The US Air Force during Viet Nam. I also performed Presidential Support details at Andrews AFB. I support the 2nd Amendment and the US Constitution. I for one am proud of my past, and want to look forward to my remaining years with the same pride. I hope you never become a victim of a crime and have to suffer what others have to. Thanks for the rant, even though I know it goes to death ears.

George

We The People

You didn't respond with a big enough check. Eazy E got invited to the White House in the 90s after making a donation. I'm sure he wasn't the only drug dealer in attendance. Anyway, even using her own information, In fact, high capacity magazines are commonly used in mass shootings. According to a 2013 study, high-capacity magazines were used in 50% of the 62 mass shootings that occurred between 1982 and 2012. She is either quite fine with the OTHER 50% being killed with low capacity magazines or it actually isn't a real issue to her.

Petition to recall from office.
Colorado did it in response to theres.
The left always goes after people's job that don't agree with there views, we should adopt the same policy. Give a inch ant etc.....

I replied in kind, telling her I thought she was uneducated and arrogant.....................I'm sure it fell on death ears.
Undoubtedly it did and while your attempt was admiral the undeniable fact remains, and I have said it before - to the dems/antis 'gun control' is purely a conceptual undertaking for them. They have NOTHING to loose and because of this they will simply continue to respond in this manner while we, with MUCH to loose, are scrambling 'Like angry ants gone mad over the smell of gasoline' (stolen line)
Any attempt to 'convince' them of anything in a followup letter is already DOA - their words are resolute and unwavering. We are a joke to them. They are laughing at us because they know we are on the defensive. They know among ourselves, and on forums such as this, the members are posting unending, redundant and rhetorical statements about them and their misguided beliefs yet unfortunately do nothing but to bolster the members post count. We are simply telling ourselves the same things over and over we already know - I think the original was 'when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns'.
Until the dems and antis understand and experience the emotion of a potential loss such as we stand to this is NOT going to change - and nothing to loose is a very powerful weapon.

Problem is, Kagi is typical of the Greater Seattle area... Fishjager and the rest of us here are more the anomaly in this Commiefornian-infested Progfascist Hell.

I remember seeing a Tesla driven by an older woman in Bellevue with a bumper sticker that said gun pollution is killing America.

I have no idea what planet these people live on. They need to drive through Auburn a bit more. Leave the fuzzy cocoon of the Amazon echo chamber besides trips to Rattlesnake or Rainier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top