JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Has anyone had any luck getting a response out of the OSP after being denied a gun purchase? Does the "denial" just stay attached to their file indefinitely? What can a citizen, with a completely clean record, do when they are unable to move forward with a right to purchase a firearm in the state of Oregon, assuming all the avenues listed by the OSP to appeal the process go unanswered?

Get a hold of the atf ask why the denial, and get a "U pin" number. U pin means it's a number issued to you sort of like a ssi number so they know the mess up has been fixed and from then on you use that number on the form when you fill it out.

That's what I been told and it seems to apply to all states if there is a non legitimate reason for a denial to purchase.

Id also reach out and find, then call some 2nd ammendment lawyer about it.

If you get delayed or denied you need the BGC application number and exact time it was submitted and
delayed or denied. The FFL has this information on time to the second! I did it and it took
about a month to get my "U pin" number. Denied needs to appealed and/or investigated. If you were ever
involved in a domestic violence charge you will be denied. I know a guy who was in a fight 25 years
ago. They had to research if the fight involved "Domestic Violence"!

If you get delayed or denied you need the BGC application number and exact time it was submitted and
delayed or denied. The FFL has this information on time to the second! I did it and it took
about a month to get my "U pin" number. Denied needs to appealed and/or investigated. If you were ever
involved in a domestic violence charge you will be denied. I know a guy who was in a fight 25 years
ago. They had to research if the fight involved "Domestic Violence"!
There has never been any domestic charges or complaints. Zero on the record. It's been over 2 months and no response at all. Not even acknowledging the appeal.

This attorney office is over by the BiMart on Main St:

May be worth your time OP. Dunno.

Do know that NWF is not the resource for legal advice, which it sounds like you need.

Locking thread...

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews