JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If youre determined to sell and dont mind parting it out, you could sell it as parts. It is still completely legal to buy/sell parts to modify existing rifles
<Sigh>, this is how people often get in trouble. I guess if they take legal advice off the net they get what they get. You can for now sell the "parts" you could buy by mail. The lower has to go through an FFL and in WA this is going to be a sticking point.

<Sigh>, this is how people often get in trouble. I guess if they take legal advice off the net they get what they get. You can for now sell the "parts" you could buy by mail. The lower has to go through an FFL and in WA this is going to be a sticking point.
I should have clarified more, thought it was implied, but the lower would be a no go

i1639 had banned semi-auto rimfires as 'assault weapons'. HB1240 recently replaced i1639 and did not have the language banning rimfire semi-autos, only centerfire, making the 10/22 legal in WA again.
Thanks for the pertinent information, you would've thought that I would've known that but anymore I get lost in their mantra of Guns, bad guns bad, guns bad.:oops:

It's not easy to keep up with. I had to re-read the RCW to make sure.

I was mistaken about the i1639 'ban' though, it was just a restriction requiring 'training' prior to purchase.
I hear ya, ain't nothin else I can do here to fight tyranny. I guess all I have to do now is pay my damn grossly over taxed taxes till I retire to Florida. Can't wait.

Since it's bolt-action, it falls out of the chart on the first question. It's a bolt action rifle with a mil-spec AR lower. They also make an AR10 rifle.

Similarly, a lever action rifle that uses a mil-spec AR upper.

Of course if you combined both mil-spec halves, you would be very very very bad. It would make our governor sad, but I suspect our AG would be thrilled to make a bad example of you. AR parts are becoming ubiquitous on so many firearms these days it reminds me of the 922 rules for AK rifles. Like all the AK parts that are stamped with 'made in USA', maybe manufacturers will start stamping something like 'this part is not for AW use.'

Since it's bolt-action, it falls out of the chart on the first question. It's a bolt action rifle with a mil-spec AR lower. They also make an AR10 rifle.

Similarly, a lever action rifle that uses a mil-spec AR upper.

Of course if you combined both mil-spec halves, you would be very very very bad. It would make our governor sad, but I suspect our AG would be thrilled to make a bad example of you. AR parts are becoming ubiquitous on so many firearms these days it reminds me of the 922 rules for AK rifles. Like all the AK parts that are stamped with 'made in USA', maybe manufacturers will start stamping something like 'this part is not for AW use.'
Now that will be interesting to see if the AG here lets this in. The upper is not going to be the problem, the lower will be if side show bob gets wind of it. Will be interesting to see if any FFL's in WA are willing to try transferring one

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top