JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, it's been a minute since I've been active on any of the forums -- particularly when buying/selling stuff. I've voted and watched the news over the past few years and mainly shaken my head.

That being said, I haven't tracked what the current rules & regulations are for buying/selling firearms amongst the citizens of our state. Can I get the crib notes and maybe a link? My search-fu is usually strong but I'm mainly pulling up rants and links to legislation I can't decipher -- no sticky threads...

Specifically
  • What do I legally need to do if I want to sell an AR-15 to one of you fine people?
  • What do I legally need to do if I want to sell a handgun to one of you fine people?
  • Is selling ammo, AR-15 mags, optics, etc. still non-regulated?
Thank you so much for your help.

Hey all, it's been a minute since I've been active on any of the forums -- particularly when buying/selling stuff. I've voted and watched the news over the past few years and mainly shaken my head.

That being said, I haven't tracked what the current rules & regulations are for buying/selling firearms amongst the citizens of our state. Can I get the crib notes and maybe a link? My search-fu is usually strong but I'm mainly pulling up rants and links to legislation I can't decipher -- no sticky threads...

Specifically
  • What do I legally need to do if I want to sell an AR-15 to one of you fine people?
Within WA, no go.
  • What do I legally need to do if I want to sell a handgun to one of you fine people?
Background check must be performed. IE: trip for both parties to an FFL
Magazines over 10 rounds kill babies.
Never prematurely thank anybody.

Queing @Alexx1401 for voting advice.

Specifically
You can sell the AR or 10+ rd mags to someone in another state (ship the firearm to their FFL or the non-firearm items to their door), but local sales are a no-go. Also, the handgun cannot have a threaded barrel.

Never prematurely thank anybody.

Queing @Alexx1401 for voting advice.
Not me I joined the hordes of gun owners who keep telling me the only reason we keep losing is some of us vote. So I am giving up. I am starting to tell everyone I shoot with to also toss their ballot in the trash so we can start wining. Looking forward to this giving up thing to change the laws back here. Couple NICE PCC's I would love to buy but can't anymore.

If we don't stay alert and keep track of the State Legislature's actions, it's puzzling how anyone would be surprised by the outcomes. We must either stand by the Second Amendment and defend it, or watch it continue to be eroded. When future generations ask, "What happened and what did you do?" consider what your response will be.

My two cents.

Hey OP, here is a decent chart you can use to try and navigate the new laws

WA AWB.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR