JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really? There is no way to appeal their failure to follow Oregon law? Even they aren't above the law. Who is responsible for making sure judges are following the law?

Let me answer with another question.

When your case goes to the Supreme Court of the United States and a verdict is given but you feel like they didn't follow the law/judicial procedure, where can you turn?

No where. You've reached the end of the line. There's no Supreme Supreme Court.

That's the case here.

Let me answer with another question.

When your case goes to the Supreme Court of the United States and a verdict is given but you feel like they didn't follow the law/judicial procedure, where can you turn?

No where. You've reached the end of the line. There's no Supreme Supreme Court.

That's the case here.

So why bother filing in the first place, if the only answer is - whatever they want is the end? With the Supreme Court at least it's gone through several layers of courts to get there. In this case, it's step 1 and done? I guess I have come to expect better from people in such high positions.

Certainly doesn't give any reason to follow any laws passed here, if the courts aren't required to follow them.

So why bother filing in the first place, if the only answer is - whatever they want is the end? With the Supreme Court at least it's gone through several layers of courts to get there. In this case, it's step 1 and done? I guess I have come to expect better from people in such high positions.

Certainly doesn't give any reason to follow any laws passed here, if the courts aren't required to follow them.

Why file in the first place? It delays the signature gathering process.

Required to follow and consequences for not following are different ;).

In the end, this is a consequence of having elected a Governor from one party for 30+ years. There's no checks and balances due to one party rule.

Really? There is no way to appeal their failure to follow Oregon law? Even they aren't above the law. Who is responsible for making sure judges are following the law?

How Do Judges Lose Their Jobs?

Sounds like a lot of legislative red tape or being caught red handed or by mass vote.

Basically good fuggin luck in a super majority state stacked against your favor.

From that link, this looks most relevant.

Judicial Review
All citizens can file complaints against any state judge in the United States by going through the judicial conduct commission for that state. Judicial conduct commissions can impose a range of penalties including legal orders to cease and desist a particular course of action, formal warnings, temporary suspensions, forced retirement from the bench and removal from office. Judges are warned or sanctioned by the judicial conduct commission more often than they are removed from office or forced into retirement.

Last Edited:
As a reminder:

Jun 13th
Weds
  • 7:00 PM 8:00 PM
Join us in Salem at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 790 Marion St N.E.

Jun 14th
Thurs
  • 1166 Oak StreetEugene, OR, 97401United States (map)
Join us in Eugene at 7pm at First Christian Church, 1166 Oak St.

Jun 19th
Tues
  • Trinity Episcopal Cathedral (map)
Join us in Portland at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 147 NW 19th Ave.

Jun 20th
Weds
  • Trinity Episcopal Church (map)
Join us in Bend at Trinity Episcopal Church, 469 NW Wall St.

Jun 21st
thurs
  • Christ Church Episcopal Parish (map)
Join us in Lake Oswego at Christ Church Episcopal Parish, 1060 Chandler Rd.

Jun 23rd
Sat
  • 5:00 PM 6:00 PM
  • Roque Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (map)
Join us in Ashland at Roque Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 87 Fourth Street.

All dates listed are training for signature gathering across Oregon. They look to be quite busy for the next couple weeks with only 1 day falling on the weekend and the rest during your normal after business hours during the week.

If anyone was planning to attend and scoop some info or look for dirt this would be your time now that the courts have decided to fast track. Judging by the increase in scheduling they seem to be ramping up expecting being favored.

Sent another donation to OFF and NRA. Not a lot, but what I can afford. If every Oregon gun owner sent in the minimum suggested donation, we would be able to fight this using all media sources - TV ads, Radio ads, flyers, social media, etc. I know that it is a pipe dream, but if we don't and the gun bans get rolling, no one/gun will be safe. (also posted on Oregon's high court to consider proposed gun-control measure)

Edit -Also decided to send a donation to OOC.

Last Edited:
Where do stand w/ re: to timelines? I thought I had heard that 06/22 was the soonest they could begin w/ signatures?

We caught a big break in the denial today with a date adjustment.

As it stands right this moment, it's possible signatures will not be able to proceed until July 2nd. Which would leave only 4 days for signature gathering, a near impossible feat.

As it stands right this moment, it's possible signatures will not be able to proceed until July 2nd. Which would leave only 4 days for signature gathering, a near impossible feat.
Given the fluidity of the situation I'll try to restrain my optimism.. but great news!

Thank you for everything you are doing to help defeat this atrocity that is IP43.

Can we force the signature counters to count every single signature; and not allow "sampling", which could be way off? And, when they count the signatures, are there people from our side verifying that those signatures they claim to be valid actually are valid?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top