JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a theory. Do you guys think the ip43 supporters dropped ip44 so easily because they got word that the Senate will try to push it through in an emergency session next year, but they've had no such luck with ip43? I mean they had so much more time to collect signatures for ip44, yet with ip43 they will only have a couple days.

I have a theory. Do you guys think the ip43 supporters dropped ip44 so easily because they got word that the Senate will try to push it through in an emergency session next year, but they've had no such luck with ip43? I mean they had so much more time to collect signatures for ip44, yet with ip43 they will only have a couple days.

I believe @Mister Bisley brought this up before and I would not pass it off that in a majority state/senate that they aren't included on the good ol' boys network of info coming along. I feel they'll try to use this remaining time in house to try and set up some plans for going into 2019-2020. We also must remember they are financed by some wealthy backers hoping to push some influence and agendas around, we've only won a battle not the war sadly.

My guess is right now they are rallying their base to be ready as a QRF (quick reaction force) so as soon as the court declares green light they'll have everyone ready to pen down their john hancocks on that petition. Which is why our base needs to remember that your enemy isn't always as dumb or lacking as you make them out to be. Complacency kills!

.....side note: YAY 200TH POST! (I like this site)

Short term, I say IP 43 is on life support and sucking the last o2! I put no belief in the OSC in striking this down, and like wise, the State A.G is operating on a wing and a prayer, so, this will probably die on the table, as it should! In the event it does make it to the signature gathering state, I expect to see signeners gathered in-mass at and around the churches listed, and the "Parishoners" pre gathered in mass to sign! The logistics of such would be difficult at best, but the other options of a hail Mary sign off are very complicated. This works both ways, in theory, they could have enough folks prepositioned to sign, and gatherers to take them, which will make observation both confident as well as difficult with out strong security (something We need to discuss seporatly) so that we can record and report any and all violations to the Sec.State.

In all likely hood, the I.P. fails to launch or gets starved of signatures right from the start, and dosnt make it to the ballot! I expect the current state politicians will take up this I.P. in one form or another and ether ring it back as is, or pull an overnighter and pass it as emergency actions, so we need to be on top of the election in Nov. to ensure a new Gov'ner and remove a majority, and prevent a super majority going into 2019/2020! We may gain a 6 month to 1 year breath, but the attack against us will not stall, and new faces and names will take it up with much greater vorasity in the near future! Be very mindful how you cast your votes this Nov. It's the big one for all the marbles, and what we do then defines the fighting ground later in 2020!

Short term, I say IP 43 is on life support and sucking the last o2! I put no belief in the OSC in striking this down, and like wise, the State A.G is operating on a wing and a prayer, so, this will probably die on the table, as it should! In the event it does make it to the signature gathering state, I expect to see signeners gathered in-mass at and around the churches listed, and the "Parishoners" pre gathered in mass to sign! The logistics of such would be difficult at best, but the other options of a hail Mary sign off are very complicated. This works both ways, in theory, they could have enough folks prepositioned to sign, and gatherers to take them, which will make observation both confident as well as difficult with out strong security (something We need to discuss seporatly) so that we can record and report any and all violations to the Sec.State.

In all likely hood, the I.P. fails to launch or gets starved of signatures right from the start, and dosnt make it to the ballot! I expect the current state politicians will take up this I.P. in one form or another and ether ring it back as is, or pull an overnighter and pass it as emergency actions, so we need to be on top of the election in Nov. to ensure a new Gov'ner and remove a majority, and prevent a super majority going into 2019/2020! We may gain a 6 month to 1 year breath, but the attack against us will not stall, and new faces and names will take it up with much greater vorasity in the near future! Be very mindful how you cast your votes this Nov. It's the big one for all the marbles, and what we do then defines the fighting ground later in 2020!

One thing to consider - if they abandon this before collecting signature as they did with IP44, then the legislators don't get to get a sense of how many folks might support this. By running this ballot measure, it can be a bellwether of how much support they might have next year for such a far reaching measure. I think that's why the politicians have been virtually silent - they have been hoping to test their theory about how many folks really support these kinds of laws - not how many they say support them, but how many really do. So I think it harms their plans in 2019 if the signatures never get collected in the first place. Let's hope they realize they simply don't have the time (which they really don't now, especially considering the holiday) and just walk away.

As you said, even more so that they loose any credibility if they cannot get the numbers to turn out just to sign, let alone vote on it in Nov! The real bellwether will be the long term after 2019, and that depends on the make up of Salem and the willingness to do emergency actions! That's the real scare, and with an unknown Gov'ner/ness then, doubly so! We know fill well which way brown stain runs!

So curious question,

Whats our game plan if say Knute Buehler takes Governor this November and we gain some more red seats in both house and senate (speaking of, have we profiled some good selected candidates we in oregon can rally behind for said seats?)

Do we keep supporting NRA/OFF/OOC etc with donates or will we go back to complacent jokes against our opposition?

Should we put together a list of vetted people we can be assured of to listen and help put up some protective legislative to ensure big backers and pay 2 play won't interfere another spot if in the future we lose the spot again.

I ask since this is the resources sticky and it may be beneficial to actually have a sticky perma thread with actual sources people who wish to remain anonymous or don't feel like being vocal can help cast donates/decisions to support the effort against 2A goons. I am talking of course a lot of links to said places and a good dedicated maintained list of candidates along with contact points to easier expedite communication from the lower levels up to the higher seats. Think like a general where people could be pointed to if they have similar questions in regards of how they could help out or just want to know who or where they could go to perhaps commit to an action and back someone who would actually work for us like a FAQ of sorts, if you will.

Last Edited:
Slow reply, we're a little busy.

Firearms are purchased by the individual and placed into the trust. The Individual is the responsible party in the trust, purchases and consequence for violations are on the individual.

The trust lives on, as long as there are successors listed in the trust, so that upon the death of the grantor, the successor grantor then becomes the controlling party of the trust property. It can get far more detailed than that, but that about sums it up.

Now, as to how the Oregon legislature and the judicial branches interpret IP-43 and how it's applied, that will fall into the courts if there is a party that is harmed by the law. The proposal has so many holes it, it will have to go to court for more clarification.

So as of right now the supreme court still has not ruled on ip43. It's my understanding that if they do not rule today it's pretty much dead. Am I correct in that assumption? Cause that would be fantastic for us.

So as of right now the supreme court still has not ruled on ip43. It's my understanding that if they do not rule today it's pretty much dead. Am I correct in that assumption? Cause that would be fantastic for us.

The court sent out notification a ruling will come tomorrow.

In my personal opinion, it is dead, but theoretically, there is still time for it to make it.

The fastest that signatures have been gathered from start to finish, that our legal team is aware of, is 22 days. They're looking at, maybe 4.

I've seen internal emails from this group, they're not organized enough, in my opinion, to pull it off.

While the OSC has announced it will make a ruling tomorrow, they may refer it right back to the Attorney General for a new ballot title, which can again be contested... burning up even more time.

The court sent out notification a ruling will come tomorrow.

In my personal opinion, it is dead, but theoretically, there is still time for it to make it.
If the OSC rules tomorrow are there procedural issues to be taken care of before they can start gathering signatures? Or do they start immediately? I would think that certified signature forms would have to be printed and such. At best they will have 9 days to gather signatures, possibly less. We might yet win this battle. Thank you to all who have fought with us.

I think one reason you haven't seen a great deal of support for IP43 from Oregon politicians is that they DO NOT want this item on the ballot. The conservative voter turnout that would be generated will hurt the Democrats in other races, including the governor's race. The last thing they want is a huge conservative voter turnout because of an unpopular gun control measure.

Slow reply, we're a little busy.

Firearms are purchased by the individual and placed into the trust. The Individual is the responsible party in the trust, purchases and consequence for violations are on the individual.

The trust lives on, as long as there are successors listed in the trust, so that upon the death of the grantor, the successor grantor then becomes the controlling party of the trust property. It can get far more detailed than that, but that about sums it up.

Now, as to how the Oregon legislature and the judicial branches interpret IP-43 and how it's applied, that will fall into the courts if there is a party that is harmed by the law. The proposal has so many holes it, it will have to go to court for more clarification.
And the trustees can keep appointing new successors and changing beneficiaries. It may not be perpetual control, but it's about as close as you can get legally.

If the OSC rules tomorrow are there procedural issues to be taken care of before they can start gathering signatures? Or do they start immediately? I would think that certified signature forms would have to be printed and such. At best they will have 9 days to gather signatures, possibly less. We might yet win this battle. Thank you to all who have fought with us.

That depends. We can file a motion to reconsider. Then the SOS can take up to 3 days to certify the signature sheets. Then we have one more ace up our sleeve.

Realistically, July 2, July 3, or July 4.

See quote.

Last Edited:
So, am I correct that even with the Courts ruling, it still must go back to the A.G
For a new ballot title? Or does the Court have that already with any ruling?

It will go back to AG for final certification/hand off to SOS ... OR the court could modify it themselves, then the AG hands it off to SOS ... OR the court could send it back to the AG to rewrite.

Option 1 or 2 are the most likely.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads