JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps those who move could all get together, rent an apartment in a border town, register to vote there, get their mail-in ballots, and vote in the November Oregon election before they officially "move" into their new state and register to vote in the new state in 2019. That way your vote would still help Oregonians on IP43.

In fact, we could invite all the gun owners in Idaho, Nevada, California to do the same IF they would not be missing any important November votes in their home states.

EDIT - this would be akin to the D practice of bussing in "voters" to swing states during elections.
thats thinking outside the box/state lines

this maybe the ONLY way to stop this madness here as I dont believe oregonian gun owners are capable of helping themselves, too busy hating trump and kissing clinton a$$ ...you liberals know how you are and I guess why looking to others to save the state is the only possible way to save the constitution and the country from the lemming group think madness that is the demorat party which is more prevalent here in oregon and washington than anywhere else in the country ....we are the meca of retarded group think now!

good job you have exceeded the insanity of california

edit: although I cant wait to get the hell away from the PC crowd here in oregon and your antifa portlandians, I can and will maintain a mailing address so I can mail in a vote just to spite you oregonians voting democrat and voting away my rights

Last Edited:
AYO HOL UP!

The Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to improving the health and safety of the community by reducing gun violence. We work to reduce the number of gun injuries and deaths in Oregon by educating the public and providing opportunities to dispose of unwanted firearms.

Since 1994, the Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation has sponsored gun turn-ins where people can get rid of unwanted guns with no questions asked. We have collected thousands of guns at these turn-ins. Through advertising and press coverage of the turn-ins, we have raised awareness of the risks and responsibilities of gun ownership, including the importance of safe storage.

The primary educational program currently conducted by the Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation is the ASK Campaign, which encourages parents to ASK if there are guns in the homes where their children play. We also staff information tables at community events, such as the annual Oregon Safe Kids Day at the Oregon Zoo.

We believe that by offering Oregonians a way to dispose of unwanted guns, and by providing information about the safe storage of guns and other ways to prevent gun violence, we can reduce the number of gun deaths and injuries in our state. We welcome your help.

About – Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation

Does this raise a red flag to anyone else?

They dont go into specifics of how and the legality so it leaves room to question if this is simple catch and release or if they are just hoarding random guns (which I ask do they follow the law about needing to require a background check for transfering a weapon to another individual).

More specifically how do we know they arent collecting weapons used in crimes or stolen from a law abiding to be confiscated with no questions asked. If I were a criminal these events would be a god send for having a mook dispose of the evidence under the guise of lowering violence. This is a critically huge exploit and flaw!

If being a non profit is testimony enough that you dont have to abide by the law since you are recognized then I think oregon just found its work around to any anti gun policies :^)

Last Edited:
would it be legal for us to like print up some kind of informational flyer and go door to door, hand them out at the signature training locations ect..? Like ATLEAST scoop up the small amount of critical thinkers that are still left out there?

When we did our recall petition a few years back, Bloomberg created 2 companies in the state specifically to fight the recall. Unlike the petition gatherer's any counter effort can lie and say what every they want. They had people going door to door specifically to tell them not to sign our petition. They had handouts telling people why they should not recall the guy that was pro-slavery.

So yes, you can print out flyers. You just cant directly interfere with a signature gatherer.

maybe we should support a law requiring anyone voting on guns restriction to be able to demonstrate they can identify what they are talking about by identifying "at least 50%" of the models their gun ban specifies

If it makes the ballot, I'd say that would be a worthy way to spend time. However, in this case, they're going to/inviting supporters to specific locations for "signing parties". It would be more advantageous for our side to attend and documenting or video tape the signature gathering process. As there are very specific rules that will likely be broken due to their short time frame and mass gathering process.

Good point. And it is why I am encouraging people to attend their free signature gathering classes. Learn the do's and don'ts (especially the don'ts). Not only does our side get better educated on how to stop them, but we can use the knowledge to train others, and maybe even get our own clever initiative on the ballot. One site created to oppose this ballot gained over 100k in the last few weeks. Surely, at least 50k of them (and 2-3 of their friends) can correctly fill out a signature form.

News from the NRA: Oregon: NRA Opposes Attempt to Fast-Track Gun Ban Initiative

Excerpt from above:

Less than 24 hours after the NRA and other petitioners filed a legal challenge opposing the certified ballot title for Initiative Petition 43, the Oregon Supreme Court issued an order consolidating all legal challenges, denying oral arguments, and establishing imminent filing deadlines. On June 11th, the NRA, along with other petitioners, filed a motion of reconsideration with the Oregon Supreme Court objecting to their scheduling order.

gun owners of oregon need to start a coalition of gun owners against marijuana and get other states involved backing us

joints must be LOCKED UP in a safe with huge fines for parents allowing minors to have access

like hi cap mags , stoners must turn in any quantities more than 10 joints

do not allow them to get banking channels opened for drug revenues

legal and mental health background checks for each purchase

end home growing ....illicit manufacturing of federally deemed illegal substances...

No pipes, rolling papers or ANY drug paraphernalia in the color of black or with skulls or in any way appearing scary

ETC ETC ETC ETC you get the idea

shake the leftist to the core, be relentless about removing the drug addled culture and the politicians that want us unarmed and drugged

make the lefties anti gunners understand that we will not relent untill they do....we must dance in the blood of every marijuana related accident like the lefties do as disgraceful as it is , ITS WHAT THEY UNDERSTAND you will need to make enough noise and legal threats of taking their drugs

but I digress....... this is oregon and most are probably stoned too, so just roll over again thinking you can vote democrat and vote this down......

oregon naïveté will supersede all intelligence

figure it out..........I must get back to packing for out of state relocation :cool:

gun owners of oregon need to start a coalition of gun owners against marijuana and get other states involved backing us

joints must be LOCKED UP in a safe with huge fines for parents allowing minors to have access

like hi cap mags , stoners must turn in any quantities more than 10 joints

do not allow them to get banking channels opened for drug revenues

legal and mental health background checks for each purchase

end home growing ....illicit manufacturing of federally deemed illegal substances...

No pipes, rolling papers or ANY drug paraphernalia in the color of black or with skulls or in any way appearing scary

ETC ETC ETC ETC you get the idea

shake the leftist to the core, be relentless about removing the drug addled culture and the politicians that want us unarmed and drugged

make the lefties anti gunners understand that we will not relent untill they do....we must dance in the blood of every marijuana related accident like the lefties do as disgraceful as it is , ITS WHAT THEY UNDERSTAND you will need to make enough noise and legal threats of taking their drugs

but I digress....... this is oregon and most are probably stoned too, so just roll over again thinking you can vote democrat and vote this down......

oregon naïveté will supersede all intelligence

figure it out..........I must get back to packing for out of state relocation :cool:
Haha brilliant!

OFF has also filed a motion of reconsideration. It may be read here.

That is well written, I certainly appreciate that being filed. Now whether the court will give what they're asking (or the similar motions made by the others), I don't know. But it brings up a point - can the court be sued in any way for showing favoritism as they and the AG, clearly are? Or do we just get hosed? Could this be pushed to a higher court to shut this crap down? Anyone know?

That is well written, I certainly appreciate that being filed. Now whether the court will give what they're asking (or the similar motions made by the others), I don't know. But it brings up a point - can the court be sued in any way for showing favoritism as they and the AG, clearly are? Or do we just get hosed? Could this be pushed to a higher court to shut this crap down? Anyone know?

We just get hosed. The judges are appointed and have the final say.

So what is everyone's game plan if this stuff get's voted into law? Ya'll going to ignore it or abide by it register a gun sell them all or my plan move out of state. I was born here & love hunting and fishing here but I can just do that somewhere else that doesn't look at me like a criminal or whatever the hell. Anyway thanks everyone.

AP: Frustrated AMA adopts sweeping policies to cut gun violence

Sounds like even the Docs wanna get in on the action now.

Let me fix that for you:

Sounds like even the rich A-holes that run AMA who think that 11% physician membership means that they represent physicians wanna get in on the action now.

The AMA determines that I get paid less for talking to a patient about diabetes, all the testing, treatment, meds and diet, than I do for sticking an anoscope (plastic tube) 1 inch into someone's butt which is almost always a useless test.

The AMA does not even have physician interest in mind. They should be dissolved.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top