JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns and shooting aren't red versus blue; they're engineering, machining, science, physics, athletics, curiosity, learning and so much more. We need to get past the BS and the politics and let the basics of fun come to the fore.

I'm sorry but this simply isn't true. Guns and shooting absolutely are red vs blue because blue has chosen to make it such. The single biggest threat we have to our 2A civil rights is blue. Now you personally may be a blue who likes guns but that is just about useless to us if you ultimately vote blue. You are the problem, not the solution. Because while you may like guns, you support and vote for the policies and people who are trying to destroy our rights at every turn. Ultimately you can not be Liberal/Democratic and be for gun rights. Because you vote for the destruction of those rights. So you'll forgive me if I don't want to "get past the BS and politics and just have fun," when people like you are trying to take my civil rights.

After reading the seemingly "exit from the closet statement" of the OP,
I am perplexed, with the word "Oxymoron" bouncing around in my head like a stupid jingle caught in a time warp.

So that means the ACLU only supports the individual right of a peon to own firearms if they are part of a militia..?

IMG_2271.jpg

Is that correct?

Cause I always see them taking away rights of groups, especially religious groups who have a 1st Amendment.

I don't get it.

Again, not getting political, in just curious as somebody who supports a group that DOES NOT support your individual right to own what unites us on this forum. In their own words above they do not agree with the individual right of firearm ownership which you and your son have enjoyed.

Given the choice of one or the other, which door would you opt for? 2nd Amendment, range time, family time or ACLU?

Maybe it's more complex of an answer but I see it like free market. If I don't agree with a business (like Dicks) I don't spend any money there.

They are clever. But, they can't help themselves. They have to give at least one jab in your face before their real colors are painted. Don't tell me you want to see a 600yd shot while you're handing my magazine to your liberal senator.

That statement makes me "shake my head". Anyone who believes this is politically clueless !

Reminds me of my ex-in laws.... raging "liberals", nice people (to your face) but will shred you when you're not around (I watched them to that to other people), and so clueless (and not really that bright) that I kept a rock garden in my yard just so I could have an intelligent conversation with SOMETHING when they came to visit.

:rolleyes:

I debated if I wanted to comment on this or not because I have very strong opinions on the subject.

I agree it should not be a "Red or Blue" issue but it is and has been for a lot of years. Even if you look at most of the Jim Crow laws relating to firearms they were put in place by Democrats. The 94 assault weapons ban, 68 gun control act all done by Democrats yes the 86 act was put in by a republican from California.

Look at Washington and Oregon, who is pushing for gun control and Mag bans it is the Democrats "the blue party"

Obama pushed gun control in his home state as senator and wanted more as President and then Hillary wanted even stronger measures and stated it during her election run.

Yes there are moderates on both sides and I have several friends who believe in very left issues like free healthcare, college and still love guns but there are not as many as one thinks.

So for now it is a "Red or Blue issue" and yes some of the middle of the road folks do get lumped into the mix just like it seems all Trump supporters are KKK because some KKK outfit stated they supported Trump.

I believe in the constitution and not big government and every time they make a law it is one less freedom you have.

Any time someone makes a statement that they are a liberal but don't think that gun control is a red vs. blue or a Democrat vs. Republican issue I just flame out. I usually ask anyone who truly believes that to name me one piece of anti-gun legislation that was authored by a Republican or conservative politician. That usually ends the discussion right there !!!

At this time, only the Democrat party has any interest in attacking/restricting gun rights. Every vote they get is a thumbs-up of approval to continue with their anti-gun policies. So long as they believe pursuing gun control is encouraged and supported by their base, they will continue along that path. The only way to stop them is for anyone that truly supports 2A to put that at the top of their reasons to vote. Democrat leaders need to be taught that attacking the 2nd will cost them votes. On a national level, maybe they got an inkling of that in November, maybe they didn't. Democrats cannot be rewarded with votes when they attack our 2A rights, and when they lose a vote they could normally count on, they need to be told that is why they lost that vote.

I understand there are a lot of reasons pro-2A democrats continue to vote democrat, but this is a gun forum, and since that is the topic at hand, then I have to say, it's up to Democrats to stop Democrats. They won't listen to the rest of us, so only you can stop them. You can stop by not rewarding them with votes when they attack our 2A rights, and being very clear to them why you won't vote for them so long as they attack our rights. Ultimately, it may actually come down to Democrats stopping Democrats to get this to stop. I don't know that there is another way to stop them, save for the ranks of conservatives and Republicans growing in size and influence and just overwhelming them.

Maybe what we saw in November is evidence that we're going to start swinging that direction?

I debated if I wanted to comment on this or not because I have very strong opinions on the subject.

I agree it should not be a "Red or Blue" issue but it is and has been for a lot of years. Even if you look at most of the Jim Crow laws relating to firearms they were put in place by Democrats. The 94 assault weapons ban, 68 gun control act all done by Democrats yes the 86 act was put in by a republican from California.

Look at Washington and Oregon, who is pushing for gun control and Mag bans it is the Democrats "the blue party"

Obama pushed gun control in his home state as senator and wanted more as President and then Hillary wanted even stronger measures and stated it during her election run.

Yes there are moderates on both sides and I have several friends who believe in very left issues like free healthcare, college and still love guns but there are not as many as one thinks.

So for now it is a "Red or Blue issue" and yes some of the middle of the road folks do get lumped into the mix just like it seems all Trump supporters are KKK because some KKK outfit stated they supported Trump.

I believe in the constitution and not big government and every time they make a law it is one less freedom you have.

Ha! Thank you @DSAPT9 . I debated on posting something too, but not being able to write this ^ well, and not wanting to get my head ripped off being misunderstood.....Some emphasis on parts I wholeheartedly agree with.

I just wish there were some way to close the huge gap that's developed between Red and Blue in the last 50 years.

I've considered changing from Republican to Democrat, but only to be able to vote earlier in the election process to try and stop the true wackos.

A simplistic illustration of liberal gun logic: No one NEEDS a rifle that shoots 600 yards!

At it's core liberalism or progressive liberalism which is anything but progressive. It is people who think they know better telling other people how they should live their lives.

Generally speaking, based on current evidence which abounds....Bragging about being a liberal is clearly, nothing to brag about, with the exception of the LGBT community liberalism hasn't really elevated the many facets of society it claims to.

Brutus Out

Actually, I'm a proud member of the ACLU, and I don't understand why anyone who supports the Constitution isn't also a member. Freedom isn't about supporting those who agree with us, it's about assuring that those who DON'T agree with us have an opportunity to voice their views.

I didn't mean to start a political thread, I only meant to show that guns aren't red or blue, they're just guns.

Yes, they are just guns until the blues tell the reds: You can't have a pistol grip, a standard capacity magazine, a flash-hider, the ability to drop a magazine, a fore grip or the latest 5.56 Remchester or Glockington Super 9mm. Do you think when an AWB is passed TPTB care about whether you are a liberal or conservative gun owner? No, they care about the one tool enables a people to push back against tyranny. And you should not have access to that.

Freedom is about all of the Constitution, BOR, Declaration, etc. Not what some socially engineered lower level appointed justices think it should be.

Where was the ACLU when the last administration forced people who didn't want/need insurance to get it or pay ever increasing fines? Nowhere.

Brutus Out

I hate to say it but as long as we have a two party system it will not change. We need a 4 or 6 party system in order for most of us to fit in.

I do not agree with everything on the right or the left. I believe there should be just a few laws and as long as I do not hurt anybody else I should be left alone, but both sides want to control us and tell what to do and how to think and this is why I feel the democrats are the most afraid of guns.

The second amendment was set up to stop a tyrannical government not about hunting, not about shooting long distance and not about sport shooting it's to protect a people from a government who thinks they know best and feel they should limit your speech (so called hate speech), religion (except Islam) and gun rights (all of them)!

In some states they even want to control your rain water by not allowing you to gather and store it for personal garden use.

They want to tell you how and what you can use to defend yourself with, how many bullets you can have, the size of magazine you can use and type of a guns operating system all in the name of safety while they are guarded with all the above that they feel that we should not be allowed to have.
At the same time these same folks refuse to look at the true issues in places like Chicago, like a poor school system, no jobs and just blame the gun.

They work for us we do not work for them, they are not gods they are not kings they are just elected officials. They are supposed to represent all of us not their political party.

So as long as we have just a two party system it will remain a "Red or Blue issue" on many issues and not just the 2nd Amendment.

Ha! Thank you @DSAPT9 .
I just wish there were some way to close the huge gap that's developed between Red and Blue in the last 50 years.

As do I, and likely most bearing a Red moniker.
However, It is with much trepidation that I inform you; "It aint gonna happen".
Ever.
For two reasons:
First, those gap closing words are only heard from the mouths of Red.
Second, Blue does everything in their power to insure that exact thing doesn't happen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top