JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's all just PR. It's their (perhaps misguided) way of saying 'Hey look! We care about the public and are doing everything we can to keep another catastrophe from happening!'...despite the fact that all they're doing is annoying folks such as these forum members. It's just like when they canceled the Batman premieres in other countries immediately following the shooting. Of course they didn't really believe that another shooting was going to take place..they simply wanted some sort of PR way of saying they were being proactive about a solution, despite there being nothing they could really do. They wanted to appear in control to ease the anxiety of the general public so they would feel 'safe' attending their films and parting with their $$. Regal's just following suit. If this new policy of theirs becomes financially burdensome from lost revenue, they'll stop...but only if the loss of $$ from boycotters outweighs the savings in insurance premiums. I think the member who mentioned the anti-gun policy being the brainchild of the insurance company hit the nail on the head. I have found with businesses it's rarely about the well being of the consumer and typically about the liability and profit margins of the company. This policy is case and point.. if someone gets shot on their property, they can say they took reasonable measures to keep firearms out and in doing so it limits their liability. Whether they actually keep firearms out or not, I believe, is hardly their main concern.

You guys realize that is exactly what they want, right? I'd (personally) rather have a CCWer "sneak in a pistol" and save dozens of people than have dozens of CCWers boycott going to theaters.

Well, how would you suggest impacting the business enough to have them stop the invasive stupidity? Purchasers can vote in two ways with their dollars, and a "no" is what makes waves. Eh?

Well, how would you suggest impacting the business enough to have them stop the invasive stupidity? Purchasers can vote in two ways with their dollars, and a "no" is what makes waves. Eh?

Don't silently boycott the establishment...either get the NRA involved or just keep going in hopes that you might change someone's perspective about firearms for the good. Saying "well screw the theaters!" is giving in to exactly what everyone wants....from the criminals to the liberals. I, personally, am not going to go to a theater until all this hype dies down a bit because I always carry wherever I go.

If you wanted to shoot up a place, wouldn't you want to do it where you know firearms aren't allowed?

Hit the Regal Santiam 11 on Lancaster today, tried to search the girlfriends purse so we got our money back and left, it may just be a weekend thing since we normally go in the middle of the weak to dodge crowds and haven't run into this before. If you don't like it, call and gripe, girlfriend has no weapon in the purse but we both keep our rx's in there, which among all of our other possessions is none of anyone's business.

I'll give corporate a ring, I'd rather not stop going to the theater, but I'd rather do that than go along with this kind of thing.

The money you pay at the door go's to paying for the movie it self. The candy popcorn drinks money pays for the over head lights employees etc. not cheap how ever you look at it.
But yeah preventing you from having a fighting chance to protect yourself and maybe others
I don't like I'll visit there FB page.

Went to regal website and wrote this
After what happened in Aurora Colorado you wish to stop me from being able to protect myself and maybe others by not allowing me to bring my concealed carry with me to the movies I and many others go through a very deep back ground search by the authorities to get that concealed permit to protect ourselves You have lost my business I'll rent my movie from now on it cheaper anyway. <broken link removed>

Went to regal website and wrote this
After what happened in Aurora Colorado you wish to stop me from being able to protect myself and maybe others by not allowing me to bring my concealed carry with me to the movies I and many others go through a very deep back ground search by the authorities to get that concealed permit to protect ourselves You have lost my business I'll rent my movie from now on it cheaper anyway. <broken link removed>

Now these ideas I like...voicing your concerns is putting a bigger highlight on the actual issue-

Law abiding gun owners are being segregated and treated like criminals.

Simply not going to the theater isn't going to stop the theaters from segregating gun owners. However, causing other people to be aware of the problem (via facebook and getting the firearm support groups involved) might.

*edit*

My message to them...

Good day. My name is Riot and I am writing to you due to the concern of your recent enforcement of your firearm policy. Recently, many people have been searched or refused entry to your establishment due to the patrons deciding to exercise their right to protect themselves. Ever heard of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? Your employees (or hired security) are specifically segregating people that wish to protect themselves when they should be focused more on protecting the actual people in the theater.

James Holmes attacked one of your theaters by taking advantage of your lax security practices. If one of the employees had frequently checked the fire exit doors or enforced a strict code of attire (i.e. no wearing tactical gear) then the recent shooting of Aurora could have been prevented or at least casualties could have been greatly minimized. I have worked law enforcement and security for many years, and I can tell you that unless you actually have people actively looking for suspicious behavior, ensuring that the exit doors are secured and have functioning alarms on them then this incident may reoccur.

All you are doing is creating tension between law abiding gun owners and your establishment. Looking for firearms by checking people as they come into your theater isn't going to prevent another Aurora shooting. James Holmes opened a fire door exit, propped it open and retrieved all his firearms from an adjacent vehicle...he did not bring them through the front door via a female's handbag or purse.

Went to Regal in Bridgeport Mall to oBamas 2016 movie and was CC and my wife had a large purse No checking no issue walking through No Hassle. Maybe the show and tell is over.

The pimply-faced ticket taker asked to look in my wife's purse. I objected, the manager responded, and I was told that since it was private property, they didn't need to be certified as security, or respect others' property rights.

I'm calling in a complaint to DPSST tomorrow. They just bubblegum on the 4th Amendment. I plan to publicize this, and enjoin other vets to vocally boycott the scoundrels.

The pimply-faced ticket taker asked to look in my wife's purse. I objected, the manager responded, and I was told that since it was private property, they didn't need to be certified as security, or respect others' property rights.

I'm calling in a complaint to DPSST tomorrow. They just bubblegum on the 4th Amendment. I plan to publicize this, and enjoin other vets to vocally boycott the scoundrels.

If he never touched the purse after the search was refused then your 4th Amendment rights were never violated.

Where are you getting your information? I was there a day ago and the signs were still up. I highly doubt their legal dept would allow that in this sue happy country. I tend to believe this policy is just to insulate them from lawsuit from a CC'er or other type having an "accident" and don't see it as a threat to my carrying.

Just like the coffee stand guy that protected himself from robbers in grants pass or where ever down south, he wasn't allowed by his employers policy to carry at work, but it saved his life, and the business probably dodged a bullet ( pun intended) from getting sued by the robbers or their families.

It would be pretty interesting if they did recind the policy though. I just don't believe it.

Technically I'm not supposed to carry at work, however nobody at work knows I carry so I don't worry about it. Concealed means concealed right?

I don't know if I can carry ar work or not now, but I do anyway.

Last administrator (he died unexpectedly) was asked by someone from security about carrying, his answer was "Well, you've got a permit don't you? Just don't do anything stupid"

I haven't bothered to ask the new admin. and I won't.

Technically I'm not supposed to carry at work, however nobody at work knows I carry so I don't worry about it. Concealed means concealed right?

Out of sight, out of mind. There's a lot of places that say you can't carry that I ignore.

Granted, your employer can fire you but they might not care too much. Employment policies are crafted to minimize insurance. If you work at Sheeple Inc, don't advertise.

Regal's reply to me...

Dear Mr. Riot:
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding our facility security policies. Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. Rest assured these policies and procedures are not designed with the intent to inconvenience or otherwise cause hardship to our guests. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.

Please note all law enforcement officers, whether on or off duty, are exempt from our gun prohibition policy in the theatre, as long as they identify themselves as such either by display of a badge or other identification upon request.

Again, thank you for taking the time to advise us of your concerns.

Sincerely, Customer Relations Department Operational Services Regal Entertainment Group

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding our facility security policies. Please understand that Regal Entertainment Group, with the assistance of safety experts and law enforcement personnel, has developed policies and procedures designed to provide the safest environment for our guests and employees. Rest assured these policies and procedures are not designed with the intent to inconvenience or otherwise cause hardship to our guests. However, we believe these policies appropriate to assure the general safety of all guests and employees.
Now were they in place before the shooting or after cause it they were before they might want to make some changes cause some people got injured and killed using their policy and procedures.

Now were they in place before the shooting or after cause it they were before they might want to make some changes cause some people got injured and killed using their policy and procedures.

The safest environment is where I sit with a loaded 12 GA autoloader

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top