JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Similar to the Walther PPK, the safety rotated-on blocks the hammer from hitting the firing pin. I don't think the early 83's have a firing pin disconnect when carried off safe, hammer down (like a series 70 vs 80 1911), but I'm not sure. A fall impact on a decocked hammer, off safe, could discharge a round.
No it can't. On a pistol like that a blow to the hammer, when down, drives the firing pin the opposite way. No one makes guns where the firing pin is sitting on the primmer any more. You can find video of people taking a pistol with a floating pin making the gun fire by hitting on the muzzle, which does make the pin move the right direction. Only problem is the only may to make it happen in make a special jig. No one ever makes it work without the jig. Gun makers all long ago did away with the hammer resting on the pin, pin resting on the primmer. This was done LONG ago with many S/A wheel guns but that was a long time ago. Urban legend keeps this alive.

Maybe he had his hand in his pants pocket and was playing with his "gun" while covering up with jacket carrying the pistol. Takes hand out of pants pocket to scratch nose. Gets confused and puts hand in wrong pocket and plays with the wrong gun.

If your pistol is dropped and goes bang, you need to choose another pistol. I've had a Glock jump it's holster on a run and pass me like a hub cap coming off driving down the road, it did not go bang.

Unless one has modified the Glock after watching YouTube vids...

Well if one is going to play that game this is one of the videos they should watch...

Yes. I don't know if that is JohnnyGlock's vid on safety checking the Glock, but he does have one... scared me out of doing my own mods and I bought a trigger from him... vid must have worked the way he wanted it to work. LOL

But there is a video circulating of a women competitive shooter that had an AD with her modified Glock... struck her leg... not something I'm willing to do.

Last Edited:
I saw an observation on another thread that I thought was appropriate. Every warning label has an awesome back story.
And unfortunately most safety regulations exist because something bad happened.

I worked as a pipeline surveyor in Southern Louisiana for 5 years. Roughly year two we were on a big job in the middle of the swamp and shooting boundaries for the line. White hat decided to tag along with us on the airboat and the moment we took off our hardhats to stow he ordered us off the boat for violating PPE requirements. Captain tells the guy "what the heck do you think is going to happen to that hardhat when we're going 60? It's gonna fly off his head and hit me in the face." Safety guy felt dumb and we were on our way. Fast forward my last year, new safety rule rolls out about the requirement for strapped hardhats on airboat use. Turns out another white hat had a similar experience but didn't see eye to eye. Arguably the captain should have refused, but on the water the guy was hit by a hardhat and rolls the thing, 5 guys in the water. They had a green hat who was on his first week of work who drowned under the boat - because of a freeking unrestrained hardhat.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top