JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Made it work. Used Chrome and it went straight to the article.
Thing is, I really hate Chrome, Edge, and Bing. WTF is wrong with IE 11 anyway?

"Nims reportedly admitted to police that he was in a dispute with a woman at Circle K, and said "he had exercised his '2nd Amendment rights' while explaining the altercation," court documents said."

Keyword underlined. Not anymore soon to be felon.

I'm pretty sure I have a 3 1/2" floppy from AOL with Netscape Navigator included if you want it...

I got several copies on CDs back in day from AOL. I had a SunOS Shell host remotely in Santa Clara, CA that I would login to for Usenet news and email back in the early 1990s. I was using Linux SLIP back in those days. This was old school and was also running OS/2 Warp on a different system as well.

I'm pretty sure I have a 3 1/2" floppy from AOL with Netscape Navigator included if you want it...
I hate all things Google... I'm not kidding!

And I still play computer chess using the original 5-1/4" floppies...
j/k

Last Edited:
Thanks, maroon for making us all look stupid. Many voters won't consider that he is 1/9999999999999 of carriers, they'll think of this single sample and try to vote away our rights. If the article is accurate then I hope this guy is convicted.

Yup, total fecal ejection port. Exercising his 2A right? That gave (note: past tense here) him the right to keep and bear, not brandish and threaten. Now, the rest of us get stuck dealing with his entitlement-attitude fallout. Thanks, Mr. Tiny-Richard.

total fecal ejection port.
As serious and galactically stupid the moron Nim's actions were, I just can't stop laughing at ^^^this^^^... :s0140:

Last Edited:
Made it work. Used Chrome and it went straight to the article.
Thing is, I really hate Chrome, Edge, and Bing. WTF is wrong with IE 11 anyway?
On my desktop, I use Opera or Firefox. On mobile--phone/tablet-- I use Duck Duck Go. Although Opera runs a TON of resources, it's stable and quick. Firefox uses less resources and is just as fast.
IE, Bing, Edge etc.. they're 1589001120472.png IMHO Take up to much resources just to run. Same with MS Outlook.Trashed it years ago.
If you want to see what's going on with open browsers, go to task manager (Windows OS) and you'll see whats bogging down your machine..

Dan

Assuming of course this really happened the way the story here goes.

Considering the way this article is written, the assumption that the lady is telling the truth is implied.

Nims' version of the story is clearly stated it is his own. The woman's version of the story is presented as fact.

Again this is a local matter for local police that we shouldn't give two bubblegums about. Anyone berating this guy with only the evidence of a clearly biased article has complicity agreed that gun ownership is problematic. Do stupid people own guns? Yes. Do stupid people own Honda Elements? Hell yes.

He can pretty much kiss his entire gun ownership right away after that. It's sad people have such poor judgement that gives responsible owners a bad name for the reckless actions of one.

Considering the way this article is written, the assumption that the lady is telling the truth is implied.

Nims' version of the story is clearly stated it is his own. The woman's version of the story is presented as fact.

Again this is a local matter for local police that we shouldn't give two bubblegums about. Anyone berating this guy with only the evidence of a clearly biased article has complicity agreed that gun ownership is problematic. Do stupid people own guns? Yes. Do stupid people own Honda Elements? Hell yes.
If this did not involve a gun and the claim that some gun owner is saying it's his rights, I would not care. Only reason it bothers me is every time some gun owner does something REALLY stupid is it just makes it harder for the rest of us. Many never seem to notice but gun rights are fast being done away with in the US while gun owners ignore it. Those two morons who shot that kid who claims he was jogging is a great example of some local story "we shouldn't give two bubblegums about" too. Problem is it will be used against all gun owners.
As for "news" they have discredited themselves with me to the point I question everything I read. If they told me the sun would rise tomorrow I would be skeptical.

I have spent the majority of the past 30+ years in the Tri-Cities. It is well-known that the paper of record, the Tricycle Herald (not a misspelling - the name derives from the juvenile level of reporting), is a blue rag. It's editorial board is chockablock full of solid Leftists. So the slant of the reporting is not a surprise to me.

That being said, any obliviot (oblivious idiot) that thinks the 2A gives him/her/it/them the right to brandish a firearm and threaten someone over a place in line at a gas pump is in serious need of a priority readjustment. Mr. Nims, you are a bubbleguming tool. Thanks for bubbleguming it up for we that can control ourselves...

Last Edited:
I have spent the majority of the past 30+ years in the Tri-Cities. It is well-known that the paper of record, the Tricycle Herald (not a misspelling - the name derives from the juvenile level of reporting), is a blue rag. It's editorial board is chockablock full of solid Leftists. So the slant of the reporting is not a surprise to me.

That being said, any obliviot (oblivious idiot) that thinks the 2A gives him/her/it/them the right to brandish a firearm and threaten someone over a place in line at a gas pump is in serious need of a priority readjustment. Mr. Nims, you are a tool. Thanks for bubbleguming it up for the rest of us that have control of ourselves...

The question here is did you see the video and agree with her version of the story that it was brandishing? Or did he honk his horn at her and she approached his vehicle in a threatening manner?

I don't see the video in the article.

The question here is did you see the video and agree with her version of the story that it was brandishing? Or did he honk his horn at her and she approached his vehicle in a threatening manner?

I don't see the video in the article.
No, I did not see a video in the article because there wasn't one embedded. But I do not need to see a video to agree with the woman's version of events.
All I need to do is read what Nims himself said, which is quoted within the article.
Furthermore, the article states that the police reviewed the store's security video footage, and it did not agree with Nims' statement to police.

However, what should really clinch it for anyone who has read the article is this (lines in italics are copied verbatim from the article):

1. That led the woman to get out and approach his Honda Civic while waving her arms around and screaming, Nims claimed.
Did she have a gun in her hand "while waving her arms around and screaming"? A knife? A bat? A tire iron? A 2 x 4? Pepper spray? A pen? A weapon of any kind?
By his own claim, quoted above, he does not say. Were I in Nims' place, if she did have a weapon, I would think it would bolster my case if I mentioned it to police.

2. He said when he felt threatened by the woman, he got out the pistol and showed it to her, saying, "Am I going to have a problem with you?" documents said.
So, Nims is now aware that the woman approaching him is unarmed, so how is he threatened? For him to then add the taunt, it hardly seems like he is the one being threatened. This snarky exchange now makes him the aggressor, and we should all take note of how quickly and easily that scale can tip...

3. Nims then acknowledged the woman was not armed and did not threaten him.
Well, this is the nail that seals his coffin, isn't it? He admits that she was unarmed and did not threaten him. For me, his case falls apart right here.

So, that's why I firmly believe Nims is a bubbleguming tool, and shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun for self defense. Note that I did not say he shouldn't have guns.
He just doesn't have the right mindset and mental fortitude to know how to carry himself with a concealed firearm.

Last Edited:
No, I did not see a video in the article because there wasn't one embedded. But I do not need to see a video to agree with the woman's version of events.
All I need to do is read what Nims himself said, which is quoted within the article.
Furthermore, the article states that the police reviewed the store's security video footage, and it did not agree with Nims' statement to police.

However, what should really clinch it for anyone who has read the article is this (lines in italics are copied verbatim from the article):

1. That led the woman to get out and approach his Honda Civic while waving her arms around and screaming, Nims claimed.
Did she have a gun in her hand "while waving her arms around and screaming"? A knife? A bat? A tire iron? A 2 x 4? Pepper spray? A pen? A weapon of any kind?
By his own claim, quoted above, he does not say. Were I in Nims' place, if she did have a weapon, I would think it would bolster my case if I mentioned it to police.

2. He said when he felt threatened by the woman, he got out the pistol and showed it to her, saying, "Am I going to have a problem with you?" documents said.
So, Nims is now aware that the woman approaching him is unarmed, so how is he threatened? For him to then add the taunt, it hardly seems like he is the one being threatened. This snarky exchange now makes him the aggressor, and we should all take note of how quickly and easily that scale can tip...

Well, this is the nail that seals his coffin, isn't it? He admits that she was unarmed and did not threaten him. For me, his case falls apart right here.

So, that's why I firmly believe Nims is a bubbleguming tool, and shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun for self defense. Note that I did not say he shouldn't have guns.
He just doesn't have the right mindset and mental fortitude to know how to carry himself with a concealed firearm.
Yeah, he's a bully in my opinion for sure, in case someone couldn't tell from my previous comments. And yes, in this case it appears the news presented both sides pretty equally, and cited sources, even if their motive for the story was anti gun. This "tool" spoon fed them (the media) the ammo. (Oh, the irony)

So many things in here. Keep in mind what information is directly quoted from the person presenting her own story and what information is presented allegedly from some source. It is written like the reporter was there but I doubt that was the case. Yet the article never represents or provides the source. I imagine it's the police report but where is it? All the quotes from Nims says he felt threatened. Then suddenly he admitted she was unarmed and didn't threaten him? That doesn't seem correct. What is the source of that declaration? And does she need to be armed to threaten him or do bodily harm to him? No.

If you know the news source has an agenda and the article is written like this, you should be very very skeptical the situation went down as presented.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top