JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's lovely when your commander has no faith in you based on nothing (I am aware of at that base). The story gave no evidence that the airmen and officers had a history of gun issues there. I have never set foot on Joint base Lewis McChord but I have a civilian contractor friend that uses their gun range. She, lives off base but said she can bring her cased firearms to the range and have at it.

It's lovely when your commander has no faith in you based on nothing (I am aware of at that base). The story gave no evidence that the airmen and officers had a history of gun issues there. I have never set foot on Joint base Lewis McChord but I have a civilian contractor friend that uses their gun range. She, lives off base but said she can bring her cased firearms to the range and have at it.

The policy of letting people bring firearms on post/base is very rare (unless that person happens live on post) let alone allowing service members (SM) and others carry. Remember when Trump was running, he talked about removing military bases from the list of gun free zones? Actually all he did was allow the commanders of that post make that decision, so my guess is that Offutt AFB had a pro Constitution commander originally, but that commander retired or PCS'd and was recently replaced by someone with anti-gun and/or tyrannical tendencies.

Neither Range 15 or the Trap range are inside the JBLM cantonment area, so there is no need to go through main post/base with any firearms. Your friend most likely uses east gate road to get to the ranges. Technically, she is bringing firearms on post, but she is only bringing them to an area that is mainly shooting ranges and not where the majority of SM's are.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads