JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got to love Blitzkrieg! Somehow I don't try that would fly with the clucking helicopter soccer mom sitting next to you in the theater though. You can sit next to me with that 12g anytime my friend.

Crude joke, apologies in advance: "I've been wanting to see the new Batman movie, but I'd been waiting for the crowds to die down."

Damn, sorry.

Got to love Blitzkrieg! Somehow I don't try that would fly with the clucking helicopter soccer mom sitting next to you in the theater though. You can sit next to me with that 12g anytime my friend.

Crude joke, apologies in advance: "I've been wanting to see the new Batman movie, but I'd been waiting for the crowds to die down."

Damn, sorry.

If there's one thing you can count on my friend, it is that I am a diehard gunner and would stand to

Update.

Evidently, Regal has rescinded this asinine policy. Score one for us, but they're still not getting any of my money.

The signs are still on the doors, but they weren't searching anyone when I walked by the cinema yesterday.

I notice that our local Century Theater (Cedar Hills) also has a very small "no firearms" sign on their door, but it's located only on the far right door, partly obscured by a pillar. They have never, so far as I know, searched people for weapons.

As much as I'd like to organize a boycott of Regal, it wouldn't make much sense unless we also boycotted all the other theaters with "no firearms" stickers on their doors. That would leave us with about three theaters in Oregon.

On the other hand, Regal has upped the ante by searching bags, so maybe they could be a test case, to see how much clout the CCW community has. I remember reading that Oregon has something like 180,000 active CCW permits, which works out to a little under 5% of the population of the state - a bit over 6% of the population old enough to get a CCW permit. If you add in family members, that's potentially a big chunk of the population.

If there's interest in a boycott, you can count on me any my family!

Jim

Ditto at the Bite of PDX Burt G. I walked right on by as they "looked in my wife's purse". Suggested she not get so cute next time and wink at me while they were searching. Downtown Ptld or a waterfront event and not carrying? Not on mine or my wife's life! While not pre-occupied with it, I only noticed one other person imprinting a bit.

No kidding - just stupid. If you wanted to sneaking in a pistol, or 5, it would be so simple.

That is why the whole thing is just the usual BS. Bad guy can get his gun in no problem; you/law abiding citizen respectful of the wishes of a private establishment cannot. Screw them.

At the Bite of Portland - which had no signs saying you couldn't carry - I noticed they were searching small bags/purses but I carried. Anything at the Waterfront needs CHL folks, that is for sure. If that were not the case why did I see the police walking in threes, Glocks, Armor, multiple mags at the ready (although the crowd was VERY mellow).

Unfortunately, there are times I must fly and deal with the crap. Movies, however, no. Done. If anyone knows of a CHL friendly theater I would go there though; make a point of supporting a business with some common sense.

I didnt notice any signs at the Local Theater in Battleground. Not saying the signs arent there, I just didnt see any - And I was looking all over. The guy behind the counter might have taken notice of me looking all over the place and just though I was being overly cautious with my two little kids with me.

Boycott is easy for us, there have been about 3 films made in the last 5 years we would want to see

The only one we are currently interested in the The Hobbit. Unfortunately John Carter seems to be a polluted production, I bet Edgar Rice Burroughs would be horrified

Boycott is easy for us, there have been about 3 films made in the last 5 years we would want to see

The only one we are currently interested in the The Hobbit. Unfortunately John Carter seems to be a polluted production, I bet Edgar Rice Burroughs would be horrified

That will be the only reason I have for a trip to the theater any time soon.

I ran into the silly purse search on a recent movie outing with the GF too. They didn't check me at all, I could have been carrying inside waistband under my Tee. They also had an unarmed security guard hanging out nearby. Not sure what they think they are accomplishing with these half azzed security measures, they would be ineffective against a determined mass shooter.

I ran into the silly purse search on a recent movie outing with the GF too. They didn't check me at all, I could have been carrying inside waistband under my Tee. They also had an unarmed security guard hanging out nearby. Not sure what they think they are accomplishing with these half azzed security measures, they would be ineffective against a determined mass shooter.

You're right...but it's not for their protection, it's so that they FEEL protected. Creating "Gun Free Zones" never stopped a victim from being killed and neither will these measures. They're just so people FEEL safe so they don't loose income from scared sheeple deciding not to go to the theaters.

Ditto at the Bite of PDX Burt G. I walked right on by as they "looked in my wife's purse". Suggested she not get so cute next time and wink at me while they were searching. Downtown Ptld or a waterfront event and not carrying? Not on mine or my wife's life! While not pre-occupied with it, I only noticed one other person imprinting a bit.

If you got one that spunky just be glad

The unarmed security guard would be the first to run out the front door in a real shoot. Nor would I blame him

That will be the only reason I have for a trip to the theater any time soon.

My wonderful lady turned me onto the Rings series when I met her when she was 17 and I was 18, she had all the books.. she is also a Led Zep fan. I am currently finishing up reading the last of Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan series and she wants to read them next. They are online, free in PDF form now. If you have not read Tarzan or John Carter of Mars I highly recommend them

I'm waiting for someone from CO to sue for the Theater not protecting them. Oh wait, that's already happened.

You would think that preventing people from having the opportunity to protect themselves would open the theater to MORE litigation, not less.

FWIW, Regal use to ALWAYS check bags. But it was never about guns (apparently th, it was about whether or not you were bringing snacks in. If you want to know why tickets cost so much now, it's because movies cost so damn much to produce: 'Waterworld' Disappointment As Box Office Receipts Lag - New York Times Save yourself some money and frustration, go to a matinee showing. Less kids talking and fewer people texting.

The idiots at these companies need to learn something: WHEN HAVE THEIR "POLICIES" EVER SAVED ANYBODY? Plus, think of how many lives their policies have cost. I'm not saying they have to put a sign saying "guns OK," but how about saying nothing; not having a posted policy.

Now, think about this: why not carry anyway? Carrying into a business like this is a violation of company policy, not a criminal act (so long as you legally carry) so even if they found you had a gun, the worst the cops could ever do is kick you off the premises.

I'll admit, after the CO shooting, I saw Batman 2 days later at a Regal with my Dad, I carried my Taurus Judge, he carried his Beretta 92... and no one got shot.

Just a little off the carrying subject, but my daughter worked for a nationwide theater chain at their Citrus Hts, CA one back in 1997-2000 there abouts. Even made her a manager so they wouldn't have to pay her overtime. Anyways, she said that the admission/ticket money goes to paying the rental fee on the movie and snack bar money is what the individual theater gets to operate, utility, paying employees, eetc.

I didnt notice any signs at the Local Theater in Battleground. Not saying the signs arent there, I just didnt see any - And I was looking all over. The guy behind the counter might have taken notice of me looking all over the place and just though I was being overly cautious with my two little kids with me.

Another way to spot the carrying folks: Look for the people searching for the well-hidden sign

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top