JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Actually I just re-read it and I have an additional opinion - his first paragraph in his 'The Bad' category with his first sentence. 'The membership love to complain about pricing.'

This is VERY revealing in that it is not at all germane to his complaints about the forum in general. This was something he took PERSONALLY and he allowed it to influence his opinions and he just 'ran' with it from there.

I'd say this was probably the biggest influencing factor. He didn't sell any of his ammo (or whatever) , threw a tantrum and, well, we see the outcome.
I probably put him on the ignore list for price gouging.

Last Edited:
He's just described every single web forum out there, no matter the subject.

All of them are echo chambers.

I don't think he's necessarily wrong, but a lot of his points are exaggerated. The racist bit is way out of line and just trying to fit with the modern narrative of anyone that doesn't agree 100% with your way of thinking.

I don't tow the line of any party, but I haven't been made to feel unwelcome here at any point. Right or wrong, I've made points that have been refuted. I read and learn, hopefully like anyone. I'm not interested in arguments, so I don't engage in that stuff either. I'm not all that interested in selling anyone on my point of view, I'm a bit more introspective in that respect. I don't believe my way is any better than anyone else's, just different.

That being said, if he wants to call us all names, he could at least have the gonads to use his real forum name. I'd like to see how he came to his opinion based on his posting history. His approach is pretty hypocritical.

In all fairness, this forum is an echo chamber to some extent. Someone says "I like guns and Kate Brown/Jay Inslee/Gavin Newson sucks" and everyone else nods in unison...I don't see what the problem is.
Oh I agree. It does lean conservative and beyond that many of us happen to see things a certain way in terms of opposition of mainstream political pandering. However those here that are liberal that articulate their beliefs have no trouble fitting in. However nearly every forum and social media platform has this same exact dynamic. Its a little shocking the author of that "review" completely disregards any acknowledgment of that.. which is what I take issue with. There is also a TON of hypersensitive overreaction on their comment thread.. saying its like "Stormfront" (basically) and that we're all racists.. little do they know many of us here aren't even white.

As for saying certain politicians suck.. lots of folks here make that judgement based upon what we see day to day in our states, what impacts us or the logical conclusions we draw from poor policy pushed by our local leaders. If I saw Kate Brown actually doing things that made sense socially and fiscally Id have nothing bad to say.. to many here it has more to do with calling out the failures of our elected PNW representatives that have failed their constituents in many aspects. But from outsiders looking in, especially if those outsiders have differing political opinions.. its no different than a conservative looking into Facebook groups and how they tend to heavily lean a certain way politically.

They do have a point of politics being injected into everything.. however that is not exclusive to this forum.. again.. literally all forums, comment sections and social media outlets have this same thing occur. As of now, politics are incredibly divisive and political narratives are forced into all media forms (shows, movies and even songs). Its just the time we're in. Like minded individuals simply seem to group together, that is human nature.. their pointing it out is silly as their comment section reads exactly the same.

But Ive said before, as long as we're all civil I enjoy opposing opinions here! Half the time thats the fun on the forum because if we all agree it gets boring.. I think unlike facebook many members here dont carry their frustrations from heated threads with them outside the forum.. sadly MANY facebook, Tumblr and reddit users do.

In all fairness, this forum is an echo chamber to some extent. Someone says "I like guns and Kate Brown/Jay Inslee/Gavin Newson sucks" and everyone else nods in unison...I don't see what the problem is.
Good lookin Gavin is to charismatic to dislike , he's like if Bradley Cooper got to run a state due to winning a really weird game show.
The other 2 west coast Governors suck pelotas.

Looks to me like someone got a bad case of being butthurt. He was right on the price thing. I have long laughed at the people who go super angry at price of stuff when there is a panic going on. While back Joe got so sick of it he threatened to ban anyone who did it in ads. This is normally people who lived through multiple panics and learned nothing. So they are of course angry again. To me? I could care less. Someone offering to sell ammo at $2 a round does nothing to effect me. The rest of his rant is something I have seen for decades. The old Usenet boards were great for this. People over the top mad because someone pointed out they were ignorant of something they were claiming expertise in. So they get real mad. :s0092:

5 minutes of fame cutting down those he made money on. I doubt there is much self introspection in his life. Fortunately he has found a crowd just like him to be with since he doesn't like NWFA.

Adios. o_O

They do have a point of politics being injected into everything.. however that is not exclusive to this forum.. again.. literally all forums, comment sections and social media outlets have this same thing occur. As of now, politics are incredibly divisive and political narratives are forced into all media forms (shows, movies and even songs). Its just the time we're in. Like minded individuals simply seem to group together, that is human nature.. their pointing it out is silly as their comment section reads exactly the same.
Dude, Disney was just in the news about how their new movie doesn't go into enough detail about the gay character. I have nothing against being gay, other than the bible says it's a forbidden fruit, but seriously, they're getting lambasted because of a side remark in their attempt to pander to the ultra PC crowd.

I'll say it - I was raised as a Democrat, my whole family was Democrat, I voted Democrat all through college and a few years into work. Then closing in on 30ish, I came to realize it was all smoke and mirrors, the incompetence was off the charts.

I lived and worked in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco for decades and know the modus operandi as well as anyone. I haven't voted for a liberal since Carter.

Very many (but not all) liberals think and react emotionally, they frequently struggle with facts, stats and information that invalidates their feelings. It's illogical.

I'll say it - I was raised as a Democrat, my whole family was Democrat, I voted Democrat all through college and a few years into work. Then closing in on 30ish, I came to realize it was all smoke and mirrors, the incompetence was off the charts.

I lived and worked in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco for decades and know the modus operandi as well as anyone. I haven't voted for a liberal since Carter.

Very many (but not all) liberals think and react emotionally, they frequently struggle with facts, stats and information that invalidates their feelings. It's illogical.
Same!

That is an odd thing to interact with seemingly intelligent people who choose feelings and dogma over facts and evidence. I read the clinical definition of delusion and then it all made sense.

Once again I have to use my lib family member as an example.

In HIS case his abject HATE for ANYTHING conservative or republican in nature has so clouded his mind he no longer has the ability to consider 'facts, stats, or information' UNLESS it 100 % follows what he believes, sees on the MSM, or is 100 % pro - minority.

He is beyond illogical. He is 'fanatical'.

Didn't bother reading page two or three of this thread before posting.
I'd say the guy was 50:50 in the bad and ugly descriptions. If you look at NWFA on a cyclic scale, it oscillates between mildly conservative to deep right. Trolls get ejected, and many liberals (middle of the road to the left) participate for a while then get sick of the arguments.
He's dead wrong about moderators ignoring "well known" members. Threads with outrageous posts may exist for a day or two, but they do get expunged of inappropriate or unsavory material. I've had a few of my posts scrubbed.
Must be a thankless job, being a moderator. Thanks, you scum! :D:D

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class