JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I found this review on Reddit of our community. I'm not trying the call anyone out, he obviously wants anonymity which I respect.

That being said I haven't found this site to be much of what he said. I happen to like that this place isn't as moderated as other places, I've seen plenty of people all over the political spectrum be able to speak their mind and try to defend themselves, sometime against odds of many, but never silenced.

The idea that "it's 100% a conservative a forum" is interesting. I remember reading about how most places with true open discourse end up being one sided, not because they don't allow people but because the other side doesn't want other opinions to be shared. Then they have their own heavily moderated areas "echo Chambers". So is this a conservative forum? Maybe, but maybe the other side just wants an echo chamber.

-As an aside, I could be wrong about the amount of moderation in this forum but in the years I've been here I have only found maybe 1 instance of "well that was a dumb thread to lock". These are my perceptions of this forum, just as op's are his-

As far as my site activity, I visit most sections of this forum pretty regularly. I do tend to stay mostly out of the politics section as far as participation but do read through from time to time and I never enter the black powder section, never had a need.

The other people commenting bring up things that also seem contradictory to my experience. We do discuss things after tragedies but I have rarely seen the majority of talk be violent as said by someone. We have people who are angry and upset and people who have cooler heads and just seems they are focusing on what they want....the negative.

Thia ended up being longer than I expected. In Short, I love this forum. It's taught me so much. I've had people invite me shooting, I've had people invite me to competitions and join on their team. Countless, and I mean countless, of stupid questions answered.

Seriously, Thank you.

Here's the post, don't go harassing people but feel free to share your opinions on theirs, and of course your experience here on NWFA

What a maroon. Was probably the tough guy what got himself in trouble a couple days back.

edit: I made this comment before I realized that, in the title, they mentioned that they were a supporting member for a year. So, probably not the guy I was talking about.

Last Edited:
Some people are highly sensitive, especially when confronted with reality based facts that run counter to their confirmation bias. It shakes their whole foundation.

Just a short opinion. I often wonder if posters see their post the way others see them. So many things said in this post scream "you guys must see the world as I do or you are horrible people". To my knowledge I see people argue opinions but that doesn't make them horrible. Building bridges won't happen by throwing rocks at the other side.

If you want to keep your guns then work together. :s0093:

Sounds like somebody is expecting a whole lotta kum-by-ah, fist bumping, and Peace, love and Good Happyness Stuff! Sorry, but that's not what this sight is about!, and frankly, I flat call BS on the list of complaints, and especially the ugly! The complaints about the Moderation are flat out wrong ( having been a mod here) I can speak with certainty on that, the fact the staff do what they do, As volunteers, is it's self, pretty cool, that fact that they have to put up with a constant sh!tlist of members who cannot act like adults or follow simple rules, is one of the reasons I no longer participate in moderating, and has nothing to do with the staff or Joe! This person thinks things are rough here now, should have been here circa 2015 or so, when the rules were enforced with an iron fist, and bans were a common and daily occurrence, and the Trolls, my god did we have some epic Trolls here back then! This person wants inclusiveness, and yet, refuses to see that to be truly inclusive means BOTH/ALL sides must be able to speak their minds openly and fairly, and YET, one side continues to demand more then it's share, when there is NO share to be had, ONE side demands all hear what it says, and denies any other point of view, striking it down as false, simply because it doesn't align with their side of things!

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this review on Reddit of our community. I'm not trying the call anyone out, he obviously wants anonymity which I respect.

That being said I haven't found this site to be much of what he said. I happen to like that this place isn't as moderated as other places, I've seen plenty of people all over the political spectrum be able to speak their mind and try to defend themselves, sometime against odds of many, but never silenced.

The idea that "it's 100% a conservative a forum" is interesting. I remember reading about how most places with true open discourse end up being one sided, not because they don't allow people but because the other side doesn't want other opinions to be shared. Then they have their own heavily moderated areas "echo Chambers". So is this a conservative forum? Maybe, but maybe the other side just wants an echo chamber.

-As an aside, I could be wrong about the amount of moderation in this forum but in the years I've been here I have only found maybe 1 instance of "well that was a dumb thread to lock". These are my perceptions of this forum, just as op's are his-

As far as my site activity, I visit most sections of this forum pretty regularly. I do tend to stay mostly out of the politics section as far as participation but do read through from time to time and I never enter the black powder section, never had a need.

The other people commenting bring up things that also seem contradictory to my experience. We do discuss things after tragedies but I have rarely seen the majority of talk be violent as said by someone. We have people who are angry and upset and people who have cooler heads and just seems they are focusing on what they want....the negative.

Thia ended up being longer than I expected. In Short, I love this forum. It's taught me so much. I've had people invite me shooting, I've had people invite me to competitions and join on their team. Countless, and I mean countless, of stupid questions answered.

Seriously, Thank you.

Here's the post, don't go harassing people but feel free to share your opinions on theirs, and of course your experience here on NWFA

"..Racism, transphobia, misogyny, anti liberal, etc. List goes on. The problem is it is accepted and often also used by moderation. It makes it a very unwelcoming and disgusting place to participate in many times.."

That there is bullcrap, therefore everything out of this person's mouth is bullcrap. He writes a tome seeming to be reasonable and unbiased, in a brown-nosed way and then bam, his true slanderous intent on harming this site is made 100% plain.

Just a short opinion. I often wonder if posters see their post the way others see them. So many things said in this post scream "you guys must see the world as I do or you are horrible people". To my knowledge I see people argue opinions but that doesn't make them horrible. Building bridges won't happen by throwing rocks at the other side.

If you want to keep your guns then work together. :s0093:
My response would be, it's a gun forum where people express their views and opinions and others are free to disagree. If you happened to hold minority views, or especially if someone is intentionally agitating (trolling)- well that's just how it goes, you're likely to be unpopular, period.

We can agree to disagree, but if someone insists on being fragile about it ...

There's always:

Top 20 Best Liberal Sites Ranked 2021

aelieve.com.png https://aelieve.com/rankings/websites/category/ne

BTW (suck up time), the moderation here is pretty spot on and there are a couple of relevant fun facts: fewer than 20% of registered Democrats identify as gun owners. It's roughly twice that for Republicans and Independents.

If someone is in that sub-20% group of liberals who ardently supports the 2nd Amendment and gun rights - we'll get along fine on this subject, but that doesn't mean we're going to agree on other domestic political issues.

Sounds like a whiny little tit from a certain clueless political persuasion to me and is probably on my ignore list.
I don't use ignore. But, yup.

"..Racism, transphobia, misogyny, anti liberal, etc. List goes on. The problem is it is accepted and often also used by moderation. It makes it a very unwelcoming and disgusting place to participate in many times.."

That there is bullcrap, therefore everything out of this person's mouth is bullcrap. He writes a tome seeming to be reasonable and unbiased, in a brown-nosed way and then bam, his true slanderous intent on harming this site is made 100% plain.
I was just about to type "and he's lying", then saw your post that sums it up nicely.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top