JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My response would be, it's a gun forum where people express their views and opinions and others are free to disagree. If you happened to hold minority views, or especially if someone is intentionally agitating (trolling)- well that's just how it goes, you're likely to be unpopular, period.

We can agree to disagree, but if someone insists on being fragile about it ...

There's always:

Top 20 Best Liberal Sites Ranked 2021

View attachment 1002010https://aelieve.com/rankings/websites/category/ne
The tendency seems to be that the writer thinks everything should bend to his will. Maybe he should bend some himself. The place is true capitalism in form and it takes people and money to make it work. Driving folks away won't help the place nor will talking crap about the place on reddit.

I haven't been here long but it's a good place to do business and occasionally share opinions.

This whole rant can be summarized into one thing - this person does not believe in freedom, individuality, personal opinions, etc. He was probably shunned and ostracized for his cancel culture, liberal beliefs etc. and is using reddit as his 'I'll show them' moment.

Its very simple. HE does NOT agree with any part of it so he has to use his '15 minutes' to show the world how everything is 'wrong' with the NWFA because HE does not agree.

He sounds exactly like my ultra lib family member I often mention.

Review of a forum as if its a yelp review of a restaurant.. oh brother.. get of your smug high horse..
And of course he came for the deals then left the forum to hang out with his own like minded folks.. hmm.. something he demonized this forum for.. but I bet you its the same way over there just with different political leanings.

Also, Anti liberal was an "Ugly Opinion"?.. Id bet good money he'd say NOTHING about anti conservative opinions.. in fact he'd lap it up.. odd how that is.
Being here since 2009.. Folks here are welcoming of all walks of life.. those that mainly have issues here are often ones that come in swinging with poor attitudes as if the forum owes THEM something or as if the forum needs to bend the knee to THEIR political prefrences simply because thats how it works on Reddit, Twitter and Facebook.. all types of platforms that have their own heavily biased leanings.. again.. odd how he doesnt mention that.

His review leaves out exact examples or links and instead keeps it vague.. like the typical, cowardly, modern way biased media is presented now.

No one gives a single eff what your sexual orientation, religion or race is here. What gets called out here is often illogical political lunacy. Sadly heavily indoctrinated, low information types don't quite grasp that.

On some points I think this is accurate, on many points, I do not. Considering the "typical" gun owner is a working class conservative male, it shouldn't surprise anyone that the general content and conversation leans that way. As for the vax, well.... that's gonna be a heated back and forth no matter where it comes up and I know we have many members on both sides of that issue. We all know. We read it alllllllll the time.

I just checked out the replies to the Redit post - OMG, tons of snowflakes in July.
Me too. He talks about NWFA being an echo chamber.. over there they are doing the same exact thing.. The hypocrisy is glorious.
And all the whining.. there are some really hilarious comments.

Actually I just re-read it and I have an additional opinion - his first paragraph in his 'The Bad' category with his first sentence. 'The membership love to complain about pricing.'

This is VERY revealing in that it is not at all germane to his complaints about the forum in general. This was something he took PERSONALLY and he allowed it to influence his opinions and he just 'ran' with it from there.

I'd say this was probably the biggest influencing factor. He didn't sell any of his ammo (or whatever) , threw a tantrum and, well, we see the outcome.

I can only find one or two valid complaints. I'm betting someone got butt hurt after getting called out for posting something stupid and took their tantrum to their safe space.

Having done 7 years at University of Washington doing a few degrees I will say most definitely that political ideology likes its echo chambers. Any group of people who need "safe spaces" because facts hurt their feelings, that pretty much tells you all you need to know about the intellectual fortitude to engage and accept the outcome of good discourse/debate.

Being conservative often means having discussion and the better/logical/moral argument often prevails. The other side often is offended that there is even a thought contrary to their ideology and are unwilling to consider that their views may be in fact, misguided.

I'm not surprised someone referred to this place as 100% conservative. If they are happily used to the hive mind that echos the rhetoric and competition to see who is more oppressed, it's no wonder people expressing different views and discussing them scared them.

8088ea3a57e4de6244d086f7c1b46198--texas-gov.jpg

Pardon my foil.

It's almost a well written bit of scaremongering to keep some younger, less traditional, and brand new gun owners from giving this place a look.
The outright lies are obvious to those of us who are here, but the subtle and seemingly positive intro falls apart when the direct disinformation begins.

I take that as a sign that this place runs just right. I have different views on major issues from a lot of my fellow members. That's no reason to not participate.

Me too. He talks about NWFA being an echo chamber.. over there they are doing the same exact thing.. The hypocrisy is glorious.
And all the whining.. there are some really hilarious comments.
In all fairness, this forum is an echo chamber to some extent. Someone says "I like guns and Kate Brown/Jay Inslee/Gavin Newson sucks" and everyone else nods in unison...I don't see what the problem is.

This is a firearms forum not a political one. There are political aspects of gun ownership but I rarely see general political thread not related to firearms somehow. I say if they want such discussion and comes in with a moral and/or intelligence superiority, go someplace else. But if they willing to contribute firearms knowledge or personal experiences related to firearms then they are more than welcome.

As to reddit, I say who really cares? This is five minutes of my life I can't get back.

Actually I just re-read it and I have an additional opinion - his first paragraph in his 'The Bad' category with his first sentence. 'The membership love to complain about pricing.'

This is VERY revealing in that it is not at all germane to his complaints about the forum in general. This was something he took PERSONALLY and he allowed it to influence his opinions and he just 'ran' with it from there.

I'd say this was probably the biggest influencing factor. He didn't sell any of his ammo (or whatever) , threw a tantrum and, well, we see the outcome.
Very revealing indeed, as he was happy to exploit the " deals " he got here.
Me buy low price good.
Me not make overpriced sale bad.

Reverts back to a deep seated sense of superiority, especially with respect to intelligence.

But I still think he's Martian spy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class