JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Avoid business with Money Market on 136th and Powell in Portland. Questionable business practice at best. Took money for service (transfer) not completed due to sellers item 2 month waiting period. Rude older mouthpiece. Recommend going anywhere else. Also expensive $40 transfer fee.

This is rather confusing to me.

Did the FFL order an item for you, which is taking a while to recieve?

Did a seller not return with an item to transfer?

Did the FFL hold an item beyond when your BGC cleared and refuse to transfer it to you?

Or, is this just a complaint in regards to the length of time your BGC is taking to complete?

I used to use MMP almost exclusively, due to their nearby location (yep, l lived in SE Fallujah).

Then, after SB941, the price for a transfer was $25... slightly more than my previous kitchen-table FFL, BUT, they were always there to take the deliveries. I felt terrible every time my guy missed a delivery (cuz he was at his day job) and would call me on his drive to Swan Island to pick up my stuff.

I used to go to them with a price l was about to pay for a gun+shipping and ask if they could get within 100 bucks of it, trying to keep my money local and all that. Every time they were honest enough to tell me, No, they couldn't. Buy it, ship it, they would accept it and perform the transfer.

Anyway, the only time l had an issue with Peter was in 2017 when a NICS delay lasted about 5 mos and he wouldn't transfer my gun. I never had a problem with them before, and once the delay was cleared-up, since. There weren't too many shops that would honor the 72 hr time limit placed on the NICS system in those days so; annoying, but pretty common. They did not accept the transfer and OSP fees until the go-ahead came through and l went to pick up my gun.

I haven't been in there since l moved late in 2020... sounds like things have changed. Too bad, it was a nice place to stop in, spend a few minutes browsing or doing business without having to wade through a bunch of all-day coffee-drinking know-it-all geezers and hangers-on monopolizing the space.

I used to use MMP almost exclusively, due to their nearby location (yep, l lived in SE Fallujah).

Then, after SB941, the price for a transfer was $25... slightly more than my previous kitchen-table FFL, BUT, they were always there to take the deliveries. I felt terrible every time my guy missed a delivery (cuz he was at his day job) and would call me on his drive to Swan Island to pick up my stuff.

I used to go to them with a price l was about to pay for a gun+shipping and ask if they could get within 100 bucks of it, trying to keep my money local and all that. Every time they were honest enough to tell me, No, they couldn't. Buy it, ship it, they would accept it and perform the transfer.

Anyway, the only time l had an issue with Peter was in 2017 when a NICS delay lasted about 5 mos and he wouldn't transfer my gun. I never had a problem with them before, and once the delay was cleared-up, since. There weren't too many shops that would honor the 72 hr time limit placed on the NICS system in those days so; annoying, but pretty common. They did not accept the transfer and OSP fees until the go-ahead came through and l went to pick up my gun.

I haven't been in there since l moved late in 2020... sounds like things have changed. Too bad, it was a nice place to stop in, spend a few minutes browsing or doing business without having to wade through a bunch of all-day coffee-drinking know-it-all geezers and hangers-on monopolizing the space.
I have done several transfers there within the past year.
Easy Peasy!
Nary a problem.
👍👍👍👍👍
Best,
Gary

This is rather confusing to me.

Did the FFL order an item for you, which is taking a while to recieve?

Did a seller not return with an item to transfer?

Did the FFL hold an item beyond when your BGC cleared and refuse to transfer it to you?

Or, is this just a complaint in regards to the length of time your BGC is taking to complete?
The seller (WA ffl) met me at money market pawn with a T/C contender receiver. Pawn asked for $40 for my background & transfer. I have always had "Immediate " approval for purchases. The pawn then stated it was a two month wait on the part. They said if I was purchase another firearm there they could make this work. Seller and I agreed to pas on the sale. The pawn would not refund the transfer fee due to paperwork was done. There was no transfer document. Just a receipt and a rude response. This was not on me but the sellers item.

I had good recommendations. Just not a good experience. Not accusing them of wrong doing. Surprised me with their arrogant attitude. Wouldnt expect that from a word of mouth business. Bad vibe out the door. I will not do business there in the future. END.

Nothing but great experiences with them 4+ times this year. Your feedback is vague. Whatever happened does not sound like a straightforward transaction.

also I think there is a specific section for this kind of stuff

Dude. Those guys are great! I literally had Bill run my ID when I filled out my 4473 it put me in the que. But I have done so much business with them that Jason reran my 4473 at not extra cost using my CHL to get me an instant approval. They are stand up guys! The problem is with all the new 114 crap FFLs and gunshops are having to navigate on the fly all this new stuff. In your particular case blame OSP not MMP. It is OSP fault that the que is so long because of 114. People need to cut these FFLs and Gun-shops some slack they have been doing everything in their power to get us our items! Unfortunately seems like you were in limbo and because OSP took so long I'm pretty sure you have to refill out your 4473 if it takes over 30 or 60 days I'm not sure what the exact number is.

Wait, let me get this straight... You had them submit the check to NICS. You didn't get an instant so you wanted a refund?

I'm even more confused after your second post. So, you and the seller decided to kill the transfer after your BCG was initiated but before you got approval?

If so the shop has earned their fee and asking for a refund is rude and entitled thinking.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

And what does buying a gun there have to do with making the transfer work when otherwise it's delayed?

Again, I seem to be missing something here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top