JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was the "Weenie" Hillsboro Gun Show.

Made good educational contact with a fellow Colt collector, Damn near bought an Uberti replica Walker with a centerfire conversion cylinder.

Spoke at length (twice!) with a guy that was just as much fascinated with sights as I am.

Looked at his "New,Old Stock" Lyman Model 30-1/2 SA. Tang Sight, windage adjustable for a Model 99 Savage.. Sight is in the box with factory instructions (printed 1953) and wax paper wrapping. Deep blue and brand new.

Checked the "scrap sling" pile on one table and found a "Savage Arms" (factory monogram with the Indian Head) leather sling to include in the "Clarinet Case" that holds the Model 24 30-30-/20ga.

Went back to the table with the Lyman, and had him throw in 100rds of new Winchester .222 Remington brass. 200 bucks.

DAMNED GOOD "weenie" show.

If you can find even one little thing, it is a good show.

Also relatively cheap entertainment even if you don't buy or sell.

Bruce

I'm going to be honestā€¦. I tell myself every time this comes to town DONT GO! $10 to park (I park at the softball fields) and $10 to get in.

There are about 20 venders and 10 of them are selling non gun related items. 3 of them are selling antique stuff. Same group every time.

There are maybe 4 tables with guns available, but nothing highly desirable. M&p and Glock. Lots of revolvers.

Ammo is still at Covid prices.

Everyone that walks by a table is bubbleguming about bi-mart has better prices.

Every dealer has had enough of those people.

I will say, I did spend some time talking to the gun dealers and they are all great people. I took cards and reach out to them often.

Overall, if you want something in town it's best to hit these forums.

I miss the huge convention center gun shows of the early 2000's where every bender came. Keith's used to have a table that ran the course of the event. Anything I was looking for I could find there.

The internet killed it though. Much like the comics and cards shows too :(

I'm going to be honestā€¦. I tell myself every time this comes to town DONT GO! $10 to park (I park at the softball fields) and $10 to get in.

There are about 20 venders and 10 of them are selling non gun related items. 3 of them are selling antique stuff. Same group every time.

There are maybe 4 tables with guns available, but nothing highly desirable. M&p and Glock. Lots of revolvers.

Ammo is still at Covid prices.

Everyone that walks by a table is bubbleguming about bi-mart has better prices.

Every dealer has had enough of those people.

I will say, I did spend some time talking to the gun dealers and they are all great people. I took cards and reach out to them often.

Overall, if you want something in town it's best to hit these forums.

I miss the huge convention center gun shows of the early 2000's where every bender came. Keith's used to have a table that ran the course of the event. Anything I was looking for I could find there.

The internet killed it though. Much like the comics and cards shows too :(
It is well worth a 3-day trip to Kalispell or Missoula to restore your soul.

The heart of Rock 'n' Roll is still beatin'.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews