JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Is he gone? As in permanent banned gone?
Why ban him/her? I don't see any rules broken.

I don't have a problem with someone that I disagree with (and for me, it is a matter of degree - I do see some of what he is saying in some people here - I just don't think that everybody here is the same).

It should be no surprise to anybody that my political beliefs do not jive with those of many people here, but unless someone is actually trolling and trying to incite trouble, then I don't have a problem with disagreement or views that I disagree with (I also don't have a problem debating with those I disagree with, although it is often a waste of time and effort).

1) "Lovecraft was a sicko...."
Now why would you say that? Those in the Starry Wisdom Movement look on him as a prophet inspired by Lord Cthulhu.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." Y'all

2) "just like draq queens."
I heard that the proponents of early sex education are willing to wait intil 3rd grade to introduce the kiddies to fisting and such..

3) "I was called a 'basic white man' once by a woke. I think it was meant and a diss. But I just took it as a statement of fact."
Hey, it's OK to be White.

You know what I don't do? go to forums of LBGT, minorities or any other group of which I don't belong and criticize their posts.
Excellent analysis and I am sure hardly any of us would do this. There are FAR fewer say 'new' LBGT types in general ( and even fewer who are conservative) who would join an LBGT forum and identify as a 'new' LBGT and think they will be accepted. And to add I highly doubt anyone would join a 'minority' based forum of which they are not one themselves.

My point is there are considerably more new gun owners than new LBGTs so a gun forum is going to draw them in greater numbers. AND along with this they will bring their varying political and personal beliefs with them and if they tend to lean left well, then they are 'naturally' going find themselves in opposition and do their best to point out the 'faults' , things they do not agree with etc. because it does not fit the liberal 'mold'. Acceptance is NOT in the liberal vocabulary so they apply their defiance everywhere - including here.

Back to the old phrase - 'We are entitled to their opinion and not ours'.

Why ban him/her? I don't see any rules broken.

I don't have a problem with someone that I disagree with (and for me, it is a matter of degree - I do see some of what he is saying in some people here - I just don't think that everybody here is the same).

It should be no surprise to anybody that my political beliefs do not jive with those of many people here, but unless someone is actually trolling and trying to incite trouble, then I don't have a problem with disagreement or views that I disagree with (I also don't have a problem debating with those I disagree with, although it is often a waste of time and effort).
I just expected him to leave on his own since he wrote so many bad things about the people on this site. If he stays I suspect it's just for the money because he certainly doesn't think much of the folks here. I really don't know any other reason for him to be here, why would someone who feels the way he does spend another minute with folks he has no respect for? :s0093:

This. We don't go stir crap at HuffPo or Kos or Democratic Underground, why do they insist on refusing to extend us the same courtesy?

To repeat... I don't believe in Doxxing and going to somebody's home, place of business or anything else like that. I DO believe in knowing who is asking to do business with you or inviting you to do business with them, knowing if they're inviting you to an Antifa Signature Ambush and exercising the Right To Refuse Service or declining to accept their offer accordingly.

Because they are in the business of political and social unrest . like every other radical according to old Saul

This. We don't go stir crap at HuffPo or Kos or Democratic Underground, why do they insist on refusing to extend us the same courtesy?

To repeat... I don't believe in Doxxing and going to somebody's home, place of business or anything else like that. I DO believe in knowing who is asking to do business with you, knowing if they're inviting you to an Antifa Signature Ambush and exercising the Right To Refuse Service accordingly.

Personally I think he has some valid points that I have observed too actually. I'd say I can agree with the review about 50...60%. I sometimes wish that "political" stuff would just be limited to the firearm legislation and activism sections. I'm no conservative nor leftists and refuse to go in 'a box' but it is difficult here having an somewhat unpopular opinion.

It's your opinion for certain .

I have witnessed more leftist activity here than other gun sites . This is forum hardly the bastion of hard core conservatism some bemoan it to be , there is a pretty good mix of progressives, and outright communists along with the moderates and conservatives .

The problem is politics isn't just a single issue item, How one expresses their opinions and vote on other topics publicly is very telling about how they actually support the bill of rights ... All of them not just the one they like ..

Personally I think he has some valid points that I have observed too actually. I'd say I can agree with the review about 50...60%. I sometimes wish that "political" stuff would just be limited to the firearm legislation and activism sections. I'm no conservative nor leftists and refuse to go in 'a box' but it is difficult here having an somewhat unpopular opinion.

Some things I've learned in life:

-People often are fools. In this country you are free to be a fool. Despite (or maybe because of) the law of entropy, fools get promoted (often through self-promotion).
-Context can often be lost in text and tone lost in writing.
-You have a right to your opinion. But, the only person guaranteed to agree with it is you. If you don't want to read other people's opinions about your opinion, don't post it on the internet.
-Stupidity is predictable. Insanity, not so much.
-Only 30% of the people will remember 30% of what you said 30% of the time, and less than 30% will understand it.
-Realists should be optimistic pessimists. They look for the worst in a situation and are almost always right.
-The ultimate ignore button is the power button.
-Humility is lost and it has taken respect with it.
-Social media isn't.

If this was about basketweaving or tying flies and a particular political group wanted to ban said hobbies I would expect MOST of the people who like baskets or fishing to have a real problem with that. No different here.

9-10 pages and still no @Joe Link ???

I think that is truly what makes me :(

Even the founder rarely visits and contributes these days.

Not saying this guy is true or false, but there are some good valid point and some out right accusations. There is certainly a culture here when it comes to certain things. It's gotten better, but with Covid and all that happened over the last decade or so politically, it has been truly hard NOT to have politics intermix with this forum. Politics clash, that's life. Thankfully most politically threads get killed. Like this one might ultimately.

I anxiously await to here Joe's views on this.
Post retracted…

I don't have any answers on how people with unpopular opinions feel the need to express them in a crowd that won't like them. I believe an unpopular opinion is better expressed as a question than it is expressed as a belief.

The net has a way of bringing out opinions folks wouldn't say face to face, is that good or bad if you want a civilized culture?

One thing I'll add, is that this thread has 12 pages thus far, and will likely have a lot more before something happens and it gets closed. @Andy54Hawken started a thread on his new pump action 22 that has some 5-6 replies and hasn't even a full page yet. That is where I find correlation with this Reddit post. That the gun content truly gets overlooked here and the political threads are all the rage. Very few here still contribute gun related content, a lot of political stuff gets discussed here. It is noticeable, and kind of saddening, as I truly enjoy the gun stuff more. I find myself getting into it with many when it comes to political stuff as I think very different than most. The gun stuff, for the most part, isn't political, at least for the most part. That's what really brought me to enjoy NWFA, and I really try to stick with that stuff more now than ever to try and not bump heads with anyone. I think if we can take anything from this, especially those who have been here a while, is to truly try to be better and stick to gun related content. That's where NWFA really shines.

Some things I've learned in life:

-People often are fools. In this country you are free to be a fool. Despite (or maybe because of) the law of entropy, fools get promoted (often through self-promotion).
-Context can often be lost in text and tone lost in writing.
-You have a right to your opinion. But, the only person guaranteed to agree with it is you. If you don't want to read other people's opinions about your opinion, don't post it on the internet.
-Stupidity is predictable. Insanity, not so much.
-Only 30% of the people will remember 30% of what you said 30% of the time, and less than 30% will understand it.
-Realists should be optimistic pessimists. They look for the worst in a situation and are almost always right.
-The ultimate ignore button is the power button.
-Humility is lost and it has taken respect with it.
-Social media isn't.
Kids that act up get the most attention. The culture changed years ago and now we have adult kids acting up to get attention. They woke up to real life and throw a tantrum to get someone to make it all better. It's my opinion its killing the culture and America. The stab you in the back and dox or cancel you out is infantile response to not getting your way. The spanking for this behavior will be far worse than can be imagined I suspect. :s0093:

@Andy54Hawken started a thread on his new pump action 22 that has some 5-6 replies and hasn't even a full page yet.
One would think that such a thread would break the internet or something...
Since I wasn't posting 'bout a muzzle loader...:eek: :D

Good post Reno...thank you.
Andy

Last Edited:
It's your opinion for certain .

I have witnessed more leftist activity here than other gun sites . This is forum hardly the bastion of hard core conservatism some bemoan it to be , there is a pretty good mix of progressives, and outright communists along with the moderates and conservatives .

The problem is politics isn't just a single issue item, How one expresses their opinions and vote on other topics publicly is very telling about how they actually support the bill of rights ... All of them not just the one they like ..
I think the members here are mostly conservative - which should not be surprising to anybody.

I do think the forum is also mostly about guns, and if politics comes up, it is mostly about gun control politics - which the site owner and mods have tried to steer us to; i.e., discourage non-gun topics and encourage only gun topics - to a degree - as is the owner's right. If someone wants a gun forum/site/etc. that is solely about guns and thinks NWFA doesn't serve that purpose well enough, then they are free to implement and host their own site. NWFA is what it is, and if someone doesn't like what it is, then they can talk to the owner about their feedback.

I just expected him to leave on his own since he wrote so many bad things about the people on this site. If he stays I suspect it's just for the money because he certainly doesn't think much of the folks here. I really don't know any other reason for him to be here, why would someone who feels the way he does spend another minute with folks he has no respect for? :s0093:
I thought it was for bidding on this site to write farewell posts. Guess I was wrong.

One would think that such a thread would break the internet or something...
Since I wasn't posting 'bout a muzzle loader...:eek: :D

Good post Reno...thank you.
Andy
If it was a 10/22, definitely. Or even better a 15/22!!!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads