JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here it is!
(edit: nephew's pin in his hand, picture sent to me by my sister)

IMG_8040.jpeg

Last Edited:
LOL.....

BTW.....i tried to get my son to sit through the movie before he joined. Rrrrright...... kids don't want too watch "Old Movies".

Aloha, Mark

PS...

I have no idea what the exact title is. He does maintenance work on the AV-8 Harriers out in Yuma, AZ. That being said, he likes the emphasis that the USMC places on all Marines being a "Rifleman". He is proud that he has shot expert every year (so far).

A bit of interweb confusion there Sir. I was replying about the OP's nephew.

It seems like your son has done well in the "wing". The knuckle-draggers like I was tend to mock the wingers, but they pick up rank way faster and probably have a better chance at a good paying jobs in the real world.

Also, congratulate the young man on his shooting skills!

Sorry. I thought it was addressed to me.

Anyway.....
About rank promotion?

I always thought that the ARMY was the way to go if one wanted a quicker way to promotion. Yes....time in grade and all that. But, I figured that the slots became available FASTER in the ARMY.

As always.....I could be wrong.

Aloha, Mark

Sorry. I thought it was addressed to me.

Anyway.....
About rank promotion?

I always thought that the ARMY was the way to go if one wanted a quicker way to promotion. Yes....time in grade and all that. But, I figured that the slots became available FASTER in the ARMY.

As always.....I could be wrong.

Aloha, Mark
I can only speak to promotions in the suck and the time I served (let's say early '90's). I can't give any good information on other branches of service.

In general, if you wanted to pick up rank faster and gain $$$, you would be wise to go into an MOS in the intel or air wing community. Picking up rank as a grunt can be tough. I made E-5 in 6 years. I probably would have sat there for another 5-6 years before I would have picked up E-6 unless I went recruiting/embassy/DI duty.

Best,

Steve

Tell him welcome to the gang. It's all about winning hearts and minds. Semper Fidelis!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top