JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are not all legal residents of the State of Oregon given the choice of Yes or Not to organization participation of Armed Militia ? . If the Oregon Constitution reads that Residents have, "the Right To Bear Arms for The Defense of Themselves and State ."
Only in the context of "Oregon State Civil Defense force", National Guard, and Selective Service. FWIW, I was only given a Selective Service paperwork but because I'm deaf, I'm not eligible for it anyhow.

I've been trying to find a well-organized militia, without a basis in radicalism and a focus on utilitarian training in med, aid, disaster relief, and small team defensive tactics.
These days it would be prudent to keep in mind that 50% of the membership of any such group you might find is probably FBI agents and/or informants.
A couple years ago I interviewed a few different groups, and was pretty disappointed.
Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know the names of those groups and how you manged to contact them, as I've never heard of any.

These days it would be prudent to keep in mind that 50% of the membership of any such group you might find is probably FBI agents and/or informants.

Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know the names of those groups and how you manged to contact them, as I've never heard of any.
In regards to feds, I understand that's a reality. I'm not planning on engaging in illegal activity of any sort, and would just be interested in having some training partners. I know there's a lot more to it than that as far as entrapment goes, and how I would engage with an individual(s) or a group would be totally situation dependent.

As far as the guys I met, neither of them gave me a name for their 'group'. I met them on mymilitia.com, looking back on it, I'm sure it was 50% feds, but I went ahead and messaged a couple guys cause I was curious.

First guy was alright, we met up at a bar and shot the bubblegum a bit. He gave some weird vibes, and seemed like more of a lonely schizo than someone I'd want to train with.

Second guy was a bit more intense. We were talking about problems that Portland and the US face, (poverty, homelessness, drug addiction, lack of cultural cohesion etc.) he started mentioned how those problems could be traced back to a certain race and religious group. He didn't start with that, he was preaching on the merits of constitutionalism for a while, much of which I agreed with. It wasn't until we had a reached a lot of common ground about the merits of classical liberalism that he started to preach about race and the 'Kabal'. He gave me some literature his friend wrote, and messaged me a couple times afterwards but I never responded.

I read through HB 2572, which is the most recent addition.

It mostly seems like another charge for someone engaging in domestic terrorism.

166.660. (1) A person commits the crime of unlawful paramilitary activity if the person:(a) Exhibits, displays or demonstrates to another person the use, application or making of anyfirearm, explosive or incendiary device or [any] technique capable of causing injury or death topersons and intends or knows that such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique willbe unlawfully employed for use in a civil disorder; or(b) Assembles with one or more other persons for the purpose of training with, practicing withor being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capableof causing injury or death to persons with the intent to unlawfully employ such firearm, explosiveor incendiary device or technique in a civil disorder.(2)(a) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any act of any law enforcement officer performedin the otherwise lawful performance of the officer's official duties.(b) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any activity of the State Department of Fish andWildlife, or any activity intended to teach or practice self-defense or self-defense techniques, suchas karate clubs or self-defense clinics, and similar lawful activity, or any facility, program or lawfulactivity related to firearms instruction and training intended to teach the safe handling and use offirearms, or any other lawful sports or activities related to the individual recreational use or possession of firearms, including but not limited to hunting activities, target shooting, self-defense,firearms collection or any organized activity including, but not limited to any hunting club, rifleclub, rifle range or shooting range which does not include a conspiracy as defined in ORS 161.450or the knowledge of or the intent to cause or further a civil disorder.

This all seems pretty obvious, like yeah planning terrorism is illegal. Forming a paramilitary group with the intention of civil disorder/violence is illegal, duh, and it should be.

It sounds like you have some experience with it the Oregon militia, as you called them a cult. If you're willing to share I'd love hear more from you.
Bingo, practice with a militia and you will an enemy of the State. Legal militias are dead now.

Last Edited:
IIRC Private paramilitary training is now illegal in Oregon.
All the private militia groups Ive heard of all have a political or religious agenda. Usually both.

Legally; I thought the private militia was just "the people"... every able bodied male that was automatically already part of the militia? I suspect if SHTF it wouldn't surprise me just how many gun owners would come together to secure their neighborhood.

Im probably on some watch list now just for commenting here but someones gotta bore the person watching.

The best place to get that level of training is by joining up and then using the skills in the real world. Anything other than that is just play acting.
Yea, no. I don't think you understand how things work.
OP's first post/query..

".utilitarian training in med, aid, disaster relief, and small team defensive tactics.."

Ah, but I do. I've been recruited 3 times and turned down all three.
Please do Terrorism.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top