JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is an interesting biographical fact. John F. Bolt was an officer pilot in the US Marine Corps. He flew in the Pacific in WW2 in VMF 214, that's the famous squadron lead by Pappy Boyington. He scored six kills in WW2, achieving "Ace" status. Later, he served in combat in the Korean War where he racked up another six kills making him a Double Ace. He was the only USMC Ace in the Korean War. Probably because the USMC was busy in mostly ground support roles. Bolt wanted to fly in air combat, so he arranged an exchange assignment with a US Air force unit. So, this is the interesting part, a Marine flying with the US Air Force. It was during this time, flying the F-86 Sabre jet, that he scored his six kills.

Here is an interesting biographical fact. John F. Bolt was an officer pilot in the US Marine Corps. He flew in the Pacific in WW2 in VMF 214, that's the famous squadron lead by Pappy Boyington. He scored six kills in WW2, achieving "Ace" status. Later, he served in combat in the Korean War where he racked up another six kills making him a Double Ace. He was the only USMC Ace in the Korean War. Probably because the USMC was busy in mostly ground support roles. Bolt wanted to fly in air combat, so he arranged an exchange assignment with a US Air force unit. So, this is the interesting part, a Marine flying with the US Air Force. It was during this time, flying the F-86 Sabre jet, that he scored his six kills.

I love to hear real history like this. I've heard about him before but it's been a while. I believe it was my 11 year old son who told me the story, he loves to read about US war history.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews