JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here it is!
(edit: nephew's pin in his hand, picture sent to me by my sister)

IMG_8040.jpeg

Last Edited:
LOL.....

BTW.....i tried to get my son to sit through the movie before he joined. Rrrrright...... kids don't want too watch "Old Movies".

Aloha, Mark

PS...

I have no idea what the exact title is. He does maintenance work on the AV-8 Harriers out in Yuma, AZ. That being said, he likes the emphasis that the USMC places on all Marines being a "Rifleman". He is proud that he has shot expert every year (so far).

A bit of interweb confusion there Sir. I was replying about the OP's nephew.

It seems like your son has done well in the "wing". The knuckle-draggers like I was tend to mock the wingers, but they pick up rank way faster and probably have a better chance at a good paying jobs in the real world.

Also, congratulate the young man on his shooting skills!

Sorry. I thought it was addressed to me.

Anyway.....
About rank promotion?

I always thought that the ARMY was the way to go if one wanted a quicker way to promotion. Yes....time in grade and all that. But, I figured that the slots became available FASTER in the ARMY.

As always.....I could be wrong.

Aloha, Mark

Sorry. I thought it was addressed to me.

Anyway.....
About rank promotion?

I always thought that the ARMY was the way to go if one wanted a quicker way to promotion. Yes....time in grade and all that. But, I figured that the slots became available FASTER in the ARMY.

As always.....I could be wrong.

Aloha, Mark
I can only speak to promotions in the suck and the time I served (let's say early '90's). I can't give any good information on other branches of service.

In general, if you wanted to pick up rank faster and gain $$$, you would be wise to go into an MOS in the intel or air wing community. Picking up rank as a grunt can be tough. I made E-5 in 6 years. I probably would have sat there for another 5-6 years before I would have picked up E-6 unless I went recruiting/embassy/DI duty.

Best,

Steve

Tell him welcome to the gang. It's all about winning hearts and minds. Semper Fidelis!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top