JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would make sure that the socks you pack are wool. Something like Smartwool or those ones that Costco has that are a copy. Very comfortable.

I would also stick a Bic lighter in that bag.

I checked out those survival straws at Wal Mart last night - both they and the water bottles w/ filters by the same maker specifically say they're *not* for use with micro biologically unsafe water, and you have to treat the water with iodine or boil it before you drink it. While it's always a good idea to treat raw water - some of the other filters I've seen don't require pre-treatment, and will filter out 99% of all the microbes that could give a man the squirty death. Guess I'll be looking at the more expensive, more reliable models rather than the $14 Wal Mart cheapy.

I tried lots of socks before doing the A.T. smartwools were the only that worked, but as said above it is my understanding that costco and sams club both carry a similar sock now, my brother inlaw said the ones at sams club are as good as the smart wools to him. I have not tried them myself, but the smartwools are all iuse for hiking backpacking and carry in my bug out and get home bag

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top