JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would make sure that the socks you pack are wool. Something like Smartwool or those ones that Costco has that are a copy. Very comfortable.

I would also stick a Bic lighter in that bag.

I checked out those survival straws at Wal Mart last night - both they and the water bottles w/ filters by the same maker specifically say they're *not* for use with micro biologically unsafe water, and you have to treat the water with iodine or boil it before you drink it. While it's always a good idea to treat raw water - some of the other filters I've seen don't require pre-treatment, and will filter out 99% of all the microbes that could give a man the squirty death. Guess I'll be looking at the more expensive, more reliable models rather than the $14 Wal Mart cheapy.

I tried lots of socks before doing the A.T. smartwools were the only that worked, but as said above it is my understanding that costco and sams club both carry a similar sock now, my brother inlaw said the ones at sams club are as good as the smart wools to him. I have not tried them myself, but the smartwools are all iuse for hiking backpacking and carry in my bug out and get home bag

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top