JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you are really proud of your opinions, but forget that they don't matter in terms of reality-based outcomes, procedures and methodology of law enforcement. That's probably a good thing for society though, to be honest.

I also think it's amusing that you say how "some people" (given your posts, I'll take that to mean anyone who doesn't agree with you) seem to be so misguided and need to "rethink things" (arrogant much?) because they don't hold the same opinions regarding issues you are clearly another subject matter expert on.

I saw not one single post here refer to wanting "automatic referral to bureaucratic authority" like you are attempting to accuse.

I saw a lot of people say "let's hear what the official report from the other side says" or "I don't think that video means.."
No one said "the people in charge are always right and never make mistakes"

It seems like you are looking for a way to mesh a group of people who don't hold your opinions into a whole other negative sub class. That's lame. It's a back handed slight hidden in an argument. It's lazy debate as well.

In the end, after reading your posts it seems like you aren't as upset about authority in general, you are upset about it not being your brand of approved authority.
You are entitled to your opinion even if it misses my points completely. A good part of why we are seeing our country fall apart is because of the reasons and attitudes I mentioned. I am not trying to convince anybody of anything. I am simply stating what I see as the truth of many matters. Time will tell all it always does. Do with it as you please, I could care less actually. I know many agree with my assessment and some do not. I will continue to say what I think is correct and as it should be. I think your assessment of my assessment is sadly lacking of basic truths and certain kinds of honesty! But that is not terribly uncommon these days from some corners. All of my assessments/analysis are based on considerable research and massive amounts of reading and a tremendous amount of life experiences that matter. That is why I have gotten excellent results in many matters, this is no different.

Oh my gawd,how long is this argument going to go on?
How 'bout you 2 start another thread about your argument?
Can we be done here,anyone?
I do not see any actual argument ? just opinions. And those are actually quite important ! But we can certainly all climb under a rock and act as if a police state does not exist in USSA today in some ways and bad cops need to be corrected ? A man is dead and that is very important.

No matter what any say, we will find out how this all plays. It will pot go away as some seem to think for sure !

It's been so long since I have had an interaction with a LEO while in my vehicle, so very long, that it was still appropriate to get out of the car and meet them half way!

Call it what you will, but I'm inclined to do what ever a LEO wants me to do. You're you own man Mr. Blaze, do as you wish.
True! I did that in mid 90's thinking I was being helpful. I was told to immediately get back in the truck with my hands on the wheel. Then I thought about it from his perspective and I understand now.

Oh my gawd,how long is this argument going to go on?
How 'bout you 2 start another thread about your argument?
Can we be done here,anyone?

Can people not have a conversation without your approval now? Did I miss that memo? If you don't want to read it skip it man, save your admonition for someone else.

Can people not have a conversation without your approval now? Did I miss that memo? If you don't want to read it skip it man, save your admonition for someone else.
No admonition and nobody has said a thing about anybody not commenting except you ? I stand by my analysis from the get go and of course it is just opinions. What are you and a few others afraid of, some basic truths ? I simply disagree on some of the issues I clearly defined and nobody has been able to rationally dispute any of what I have said ? Just lots of inuendos and slurs ? I see the cop as wrong and some how partly committing a serious crime or at a minimum incredibly poor judgment and a man is dead wrongfully for one or the other. Rather simple as I see it. And I agree the video pushed me over the edge against him.

Last Edited:
Laying+down+on+my+bed+so+the+object+to+my+_2048a82f551f5e3a4ddffeaa0992bb87.jpg

The FBI was able to find information, make determinations, and release statements about the murders at San Bernadino in only 48 hours. What's so hard about getting the facts and making a current statement about the killing of Jack Yantis? A lot less people involved and the event only lasted minutes.

If the authorities expect us to support them, they need to be up front with us.

just watched...err...heard the dash cam video from Wood's previous incident. My only response is WOW !!!
I do believe LEO's receive training to defuse a situation and how to properly file a police report. I guess he wasn't paying attention during those training sessions.
I just went back to review it and cannot find it ? did it get taken down from the site or what page is it on. I went back before it was mentioned and after 2 times and I could not find it ?

So both were fairly new to the sheriff's office - one being on for a bit over 2 years, the other for about 2 months before he gets into a shooting.

Deputy Wood has a history of overreacting with senior citizens and getting sued. After watching the video provided in the last link - it's no surprise the guy shot Yantiz, he escalated a friggin traffic stop on a senior citizen into an arrest where he injured an old man. Power tripping D-bag is what I get from him. The old guy might not have been "right" but Deputy Douchecanoe certainly was wrong in how he handled that stop. And I'm guessing that part of the settlement from McCall PD- whom he worked for prior to Adams County - was that Wood go down the road.

Nothing in the link stating if the Roland had prior LE jobs or if he was a brand new virgin rookie being trained by Wood.

Deputy Wood would not want me on his trial jury after seeing that video. I'd have a damn hard time believing that he knows anything about dealing with the public other than escalation and abuse of force. Maybe it's endemic to LE now - maybe beaten into them by policy, maybe because cops tend to see everyone as a dirtbag until they prove otherwise - but the treat everyone the same mentality pervades, and everyone gets treated as lowest common denominator, so instead of being a little less Alpha with a 78 year old man and just conducting his traffic stop and getting both of them back on the road safe and sound, he's got to whip out his virtual dick and get physical with an old man. Yeah, that's some good police work right there. If he was so afraid of the old fart, maybe he should have told the old guy to sit tight until a 2nd unit arrived, and positioned himself behind his car with the car between himself and the old guy. Or maybe he shouldn't have become a cop and should've stuck to flipping burgers or being store security at a Wal Mart.

And if this guy is the main example Roland saw as how to conduct himself as a cop - no surprise if he acted the same way. Sheriff Zollman should be ashamed for hiring this guy. Maybe he can't fire him because of a union - but if this guy is back on the road he needs reassigned ASAP to a job NOT dealing with the public. Property room, secretary, file clerk, phone jockey - whatever, but not having face to face contact with the public in any "enforcement" capacity. I would be even more shocked now if the sheriff keeps his job once this has all shaken out. Especially if these two cops don't wind up unemployed, or in prison jumpsuits of their own.

I'll bet that Yantiz had a history with a power tripping Wood and Wood took the opportunity to kill him because he could. Bully with a badge is what I am seeing and sensing here. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

Mike J and x , The answer and reason you are completely wrong is simple . The officer had no reason to try and force the old guy to sit in his car ? You guys both sound like control freaks just like the officer was and likely still is since he killed Yantis for no reason. And yes that 2011 video shows the officers mental state is not a balanced one. And anybody who looks at all the facts and want to beat on the old man is also a bit unbalanced and likely deserves an ask whoopin themselves because they think such garbage or are capable of such ? This is about legal citizens and their liberties and neither case shows "protect and serve" but ego control freaks at their worse ! which both of you are appperently fine with ? I am not by any stretch. Both could have and should have been handled very differently so you guys need to rethink a bunch of stuff about yourselves !

Yeah...Every old man is harmless and an LEO is supposed to know the difference. Here is a video to prove it. Sure I'm going to let you stand right outside my patrol car while my attention is on paperwork, seated in my car and I'm at a total tactical disadvantage to a verbally combative subject.

If an LEO conducts a traffic stop he is conducting an investigation. He is allowed by law to reasonably control the environment to ensure his and the public's safety.
Baze I'm not sure what your story is - your new to these forums, but you are one seriously uninformed individual. $15K paid out by an insurance company is nothing more than a "go away" nuisance payment.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top